Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-07-2024, 03:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Thought is an action which takes place in our head.
I'm midnight mining for diamonds... I've never ever heard this idea before, expressed in this way at least, and I spent two decades immersed in a spiritual path devoted to the examination of soul-human activity including, of course, thinking and the origins of our thoughts.

An action that takes place in our head... Can you see, fellow galactic travelers, what Starman is speaking of and alluding to?! A whisper can birth a universe.

As for the original question, I see it this way: The sounds of Creation and the music of the spheres are there always. I hear it when I penetrate into and beyond the silence, it's like a constant hum teaming with life. My thoughts are me talking to me. Seven decades of muttering to myself like Aqualung on a park bench and I'm now ready for a conversation with gods, goddesses, and ascended masters.

\|/
Old 02-07-2024, 12:08 PM
Master
transcendental meditation
Old 02-07-2024, 04:38 PM
Master

Ahhh Starman I have to disagree (at last)…..I love vegimite! Ha

It’s very popular over here and many kids take vegimite sandwiches to school.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
My thoughts are me talking to me.

I think there is a pretty big difference between the one who is aware and whatever they are aware of. Thoughts are not aware of us, they are not a being or an aware conscious entity. But we are aware of them. So are thoughts me? They are not aware like we are. Thoughts are the talking in our heads or minds that comes and goes and changes all the time, and scientists have said they know the location of the brain where they are created. In fact, scientists say thoughts are created and exist BEFORE we are aware of them.

There sure is a complex relationship though between what we are (awareness) and what the brain makes as far as thoughts. For example we (awareness) can willfully decide and choose where we place the attention. Like we can place our attention on a flower or the news on tv. Depending on where we (awareness) focuses our attention, our thoughts will change. So awareness (me) can and does affect what thoughts our brains make.

We can even notice a thought and ignore it.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:06 PM
Master

Redchic12, my lovely at last an earth shattering controversy that has come between us. Ha-ha….

Psychology calls our thoughts “an internal dialogue,” so what Baile has said about talking to himself, in my opinion does have some merit, but about thoughts talking to us……well would we say intuition is talking to us? I believe that we are getting messages from just about everywhere all the time.

We might say intuition comes from our deeper being but can we also say that about thoughts? They are both methods of self communication. I had an EEG done and the neurologist said the electrical activity displayed on the EEG shows my thought patterns.

We can be described as many things and one such description says we are bio-electrical creatures. Every time we think an electrical current or impulse materializes in our brain, every time our heart beats an electrical current or impulse crosses our heart. This is common medical knowledge about human biology.

The electrical current in our heart causes the heart to contract and pump blood, the electrical current in our brain transmits information to brain cells. Neurologists say that these electrical impulses in our brain underlies our thoughts, behavior, and perception. This is purely a biological perspective which is widely held in the international medical community.

But it does not address where thoughts come from, or where intuition comes from. Our deeper being, or soul if you will, is energy, in my opinion it is electrical. The connection we feel with people is both chemical and electrical. We can see the pure sublime energy of our deeper being at work in everyday life, and maybe even in our thoughts.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
we (awareness) can willfully decide and choose where we place the attention. Like we can place our attention on a flower
You said what I said Maisy, only prettier. I love beautiful flowers, I never cut the grass in the summer and now the yard is full of daisies, my favorite!
Old 07-07-2024, 06:33 PM
God-Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Where do thoughts come from and where do they go?.
Each point of perceptional awareness can create / send and receive a thought.
Just like sending a text or an email, there has to be a sender and a receiver.

x daz x
Old 08-07-2024, 02:55 PM
Master

Being in a state of emptiness, no thought can disturb this peace.

But I could conjure up a thought by focusing my attention in the mental box of ideas and opinions. It is kind of like a box of word salad in my mind. I can go in there or not.