Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 21-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Lump

I need help with my "Doppelganger"

What's going on everyone? 1st time here to the board, I didn't know where to post this topic so I kind of figured "General" would cover it. I'm going to give you my story first, a little background second and my questions last.

Saturday, 19 March 2011

I was out at a gathering at a local bar with friends, throwing the sud's back and enjoying myself. after my buddies began to trickle out the bar, I ended up being the only 1 and decided to walk to the store to get me some cigarette's. I got a bag of potato chips (salt & vinegar), a pack of smokes and through my head-phone's in and decided to walk about a couple miles before heading home. It was around 2-3am in the morning, but I had some trouble's on my mind (Argument with my Mom, Trouble's with the Ladies, Financial Issues, Creativity Blockage and concerns, Friends, the spectrum pretty much).

I walked the path of the famous land mark(s) within my city, head-phone's in listening to "Kid Cudi", frequently checking behind me and around my surroundings to ensure I wasn't in any danger or anything (I didn't have a feeling or anything that I was being followed or nothing, just did it out of caution due to the low lighting and it being the early morning). As I was walking, nothing major or noticeable happened. I admired the "Super-Moon" as I was strolling, Stopped and admired some geese (about 3 adult birds and 1 younger bird) I wanted to walk over to them (about 10 feet away) but figured I'd better leave them alone, don't want to startle them.

As I headed back home, I thought to myself "Damn, can't wait to be back in the house in my bed, lol why'd I even think of taking this walk". Got in the house, but before I got to my room my mother ask's me "Lump, did you come in the house a couple hour's ago?" this question caught me off guard and unease me a little because it's just me, her and our cat. I replied "No Mam" and began to explain to her what I had did before coming home, she say's she texted me, but I had my phone on vibrate so didn't see the text until she and I were conversing.

She says that she heard the door open, the lock put back onto the door and she heard me coming down the hall. she said she then got up and walked to the bathroom, diagonally passing me in the process but being as though we were not on good terms she say's she didn't speak to me. she say's i went into my room as she went into the bathroom, she then went back to her room and may have dosed off and then woke back up to go get something out the fridge and in the process noticed my door being closed (I never sleep with my door closed). So she open's it up and peeks in to see me not in my room (this has to be around the time I was taking my walk).

Now, I have been researching "Doppelganger's" since saturday but have yet to come across any information to explain what happened. and no, my mother has not had a history of mental illness nor is she on drugs.

My background, grew up the youngest child out of 4. My mother told me her Great-Grandmother was Native American (if that make's any difference). She (my mother) was locked up until the age of 3, and just missed birthing me in prison. my father over-dosed at the age of 5, a image and memory I doubt I'll ever forget, but none the less. I know we had a Imp in our house since I was about 7-8. Never did any harm, and it seemed to protect me and my mother. around the age of 4-5 I use to have bubble gum manifest out of thin air from behind either ear when I craved candy. Me and my mother did not find this odd, she taught me to keep a open mind. Growing up through my adolescence I use to be able to put myself in "Sleep Paralysis" which always felt interesting and comfortable to me but I could rarely elevate my astral self out of my physical body due to my head feeling like it was accorded to my pillow. At birth I had "Yellow Fever" which my mother and the doctors do not understand how that was possible due to it not being a problem for almost a century or more, I also developed Asthma and the medication they gave me was still lingering in my system as I was discharged from the first asthma attack to hospitalize me. and that's when I remember having my very 1st "Sleep Paralysis" moment where I could see everything in my room but the color's were all shades of Grey, and I could hear people talking but didn't recognize none of the voices, and also knew they were not in the house.

Now my question,
What could this "Doppelganger" have been? Why would it just walk into the house and into my room without interacting with my mother or cat? Where can I find more information about this at?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Master
could it have been your astral self? in which case it would look exactly like you, and that being the emotional plane he mightve been rather ticked at her at the time, as you yourself were...just a possibility...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 21-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Lump

Well being as though I didn't have a OBE I dont know or think it was my astral
Old 22-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lump
Well being as though I didn't have a OBE I dont know or think it was my astral
but then what do you think your astral body does while all of your attention is here? it doesnt require you to OBE for it to be conscious and living it's life, ive had my own come and smack me because he thought something i did was rather stupid, each of the inner bodies actually lives a life, they dont only exist when we are OBE....and OBE is the time when we lift our vibrational rate to match that body, and at those times we are one in consciousness, but this isnt at all the case during the average day when one is awake and doing whatever, they are also doing whatever, and their whatever may easily be a completely different whatever than one is doing in the physical world...now if you run into a literally physical doppelganger, let me tell you, THAT is freaky, i had that happen but it turned out to be a person that literally looked exactly like me, and dressed exactly like me right down to having the same color and length of hair and the very same hat (greek fisherman's cap) on his head, but he had a completely different name, and he was just as freaked out upon seeing me as i was him...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 22-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Felynx

OBE's arent fully visual to anyone around you. Sounds like a "creepy ghost story" to me. I dont believe in dopplegangers so....
Old 13-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lump
What's going on everyone? 1st time here to the board, I didn't know where to post this topic so I kind of figured "General" would cover it. I'm going to give you my story first, a little background second and my questions last.

Saturday, 19 March 2011

I was out at a gathering at a local bar with friends, throwing the sud's back and enjoying myself. after my buddies began to trickle out the bar, I ended up being the only 1 and decided to walk to the store to get me some cigarette's. I got a bag of potato chips (salt & vinegar), a pack of smokes and through my head-phone's in and decided to walk about a couple miles before heading home. It was around 2-3am in the morning, but I had some trouble's on my mind (Argument with my Mom, Trouble's with the Ladies, Financial Issues, Creativity Blockage and concerns, Friends, the spectrum pretty much).

I walked the path of the famous land mark(s) within my city, head-phone's in listening to "Kid Cudi", frequently checking behind me and around my surroundings to ensure I wasn't in any danger or anything (I didn't have a feeling or anything that I was being followed or nothing, just did it out of caution due to the low lighting and it being the early morning). As I was walking, nothing major or noticeable happened. I admired the "Super-Moon" as I was strolling, Stopped and admired some geese (about 3 adult birds and 1 younger bird) I wanted to walk over to them (about 10 feet away) but figured I'd better leave them alone, don't want to startle them.

As I headed back home, I thought to myself "Damn, can't wait to be back in the house in my bed, lol why'd I even think of taking this walk". Got in the house, but before I got to my room my mother ask's me "Lump, did you come in the house a couple hour's ago?" this question caught me off guard and unease me a little because it's just me, her and our cat. I replied "No Mam" and began to explain to her what I had did before coming home, she say's she texted me, but I had my phone on vibrate so didn't see the text until she and I were conversing.

She says that she heard the door open, the lock put back onto the door and she heard me coming down the hall. she said she then got up and walked to the bathroom, diagonally passing me in the process but being as though we were not on good terms she say's she didn't speak to me. she say's i went into my room as she went into the bathroom, she then went back to her room and may have dosed off and then woke back up to go get something out the fridge and in the process noticed my door being closed (I never sleep with my door closed). So she open's it up and peeks in to see me not in my room (this has to be around the time I was taking my walk).

Now, I have been researching "Doppelganger's" since saturday but have yet to come across any information to explain what happened. and no, my mother has not had a history of mental illness nor is she on drugs.

My background, grew up the youngest child out of 4. My mother told me her Great-Grandmother was Native American (if that make's any difference). She (my mother) was locked up until the age of 3, and just missed birthing me in prison. my father over-dosed at the age of 5, a image and memory I doubt I'll ever forget, but none the less. I know we had a Imp in our house since I was about 7-8. Never did any harm, and it seemed to protect me and my mother. around the age of 4-5 I use to have bubble gum manifest out of thin air from behind either ear when I craved candy. Me and my mother did not find this odd, she taught me to keep a open mind. Growing up through my adolescence I use to be able to put myself in "Sleep Paralysis" which always felt interesting and comfortable to me but I could rarely elevate my astral self out of my physical body due to my head feeling like it was accorded to my pillow. At birth I had "Yellow Fever" which my mother and the doctors do not understand how that was possible due to it not being a problem for almost a century or more, I also developed Asthma and the medication they gave me was still lingering in my system as I was discharged from the first asthma attack to hospitalize me. and that's when I remember having my very 1st "Sleep Paralysis" moment where I could see everything in my room but the color's were all shades of Grey, and I could hear people talking but didn't recognize none of the voices, and also knew they were not in the house.

Now my question,
What could this "Doppelganger" have been? Why would it just walk into the house and into my room without interacting with my mother or cat? Where can I find more information about this at?

Thanks in advance.

I've boldened the parts I think are connected and significant to your question.

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx