Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 11:23 AM
Ascender

Signs are real enough, they point to us that we are supposed to have an experience (note: experience, not a person), or that we are on our highest path.
The problem is when people want to attach a fairy tale ending to them. If we could get past this belief (societal programming) that there is going to be some fairy tale ending, we would all be much happier.

Twin flames (as it's portrayed on the internet) may not be true, but that doesn't negate that we have soul connections and soul contracts with people. We need to start figuring out for ourselves what these connections are in our lives for, instead of looking for answers from "youtube experts".
And drop the whole "the one" concept, there is no such thing. There are soul connections, there is no "the one".
The law of attraction is mostly ** too (lies).
Old 04-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Master

OP, I agree with you. I do not believe in Twin Flames. I am a stand alone soul. I don't need another half to be whole.

If I encounter someone I recognize (tho I've never met them before), I understand I know that person from another incarnation or from my soul group from the other side or another soul group close to mine. Plain and simple.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Sonolil

How is any of this supposed to be painful?

Besides, if we're powerful enough to bring this synchronicity, we're powerful to bring any experience we want.
Let people believe in what they want. If they're really honest with their Soul eventually they'll experience something truly marvelous.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Signs are real enough, they point to us that we are supposed to have an experience (note: experience, not a person), or that we are on our highest path.
The problem is when people want to attach a fairy tale ending to them. If we could get past this belief (societal programming) that there is going to be some fairy tale ending, we would all be much happier.

Twin flames (as it's portrayed on the internet) may not be true, but that doesn't negate that we have soul connections and soul contracts with people. We need to start figuring out for ourselves what these connections are in our lives for, instead of looking for answers from "youtube experts".
And drop the whole "the one" concept, there is no such thing. There are soul connections, there is no "the one".
The law of attraction is mostly ** too (lies).

Sure they do make an appearance but there is a huge expectation by so many others that "it means something will happen" and that meaning with that person they obsess about and nothing else. It isnt the universe whose so invested in showing these things to us as much as the person wants to see "signs" to reinforce what they believe about someone.

i see this number so it means its about "my soulmate"
i see this name and it means its "my twin flame"

interesting enough that its only the one person who sees them that has the obsession and not the other who most likely could care less lol

Im with you and the whole law of attraction nonsense.Ive seen enough evidence in my life and things that have happened to others that proves to me it is all a hoax.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Lorelyen

All getting cross aside, signs are simply symbols for ideas/concepts. They aren't the thing itself. Someone arrives on the web with their soul full of hope, finds some write-up that seems to confer authority and they believe it. The problem is: how reliable is this authority when it's all esoteric and nothing can be proved.

It tends to raise expectation bias, that signs will be found and consequently the thing will happen. Always possible that it might but to rely on, to have faith on some quasi-authoritative preacher seems unwise. Let's face it, the concept is pretty tenuous. Sure, it does seem to be coming into populist "spiritual" convention...but that doesn't make it valid.

ForgedInFire does raise a viable point: How come in almost every case it applies only to one person, not the target of one's desire. So whether god/universe is "telling the truth" is moot.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInFire
Sure they do make an appearance but there is a huge expectation by so many others that "it means something will happen" and that meaning with that person they obsess about and nothing else. It isnt the universe whose so invested in showing these things to us as much as the person wants to see "signs" to reinforce what they believe about someone.

i see this number so it means its about "my soulmate"
i see this name and it means its "my twin flame"

interesting enough that its only the one person who sees them that has the obsession and not the other who most likely could care less lol

Im with you and the whole law of attraction nonsense.Ive seen enough evidence in my life and things that have happened to others that proves to me it is all a hoax.

Right it's the expectation that causes the hurt. And where does the expectation come from? Societal programming. And nonsense phrases such as "the one" and "meant to be".
Also I think the issue is people make it all about the romantic relationship. If the purpose of the connection was for us to have a romantic relationship and that's it, then it would happen much easier. Want to know something? The universe doesn't care at all if you have a romantic relationship or not, your soul doesn't care either. The soul is invested in getting you on the right path to complete your soul purpose/mission, it isn't worried if you go through some pain to get there. Nor it is worried if you have a partner for the process or not.
I know that the roles that the person I dubbed my tf and I were put here to play to each other were to wake each other up, not to be each other's spouse. It's about awakening and it's about finding your soul mission, not about a romantic relationship.
As for the other person not experiencing the signs or whatever. If the purpose of the connection is to wake them up as well, then they will experience something, but that doesn't mean that they will accept it. They still have free will, and they have the ability and right to deny or reject it. I know my "tf" is being pushed to awaken but it's up to him if he does or not. The "universe" (and by that I mean the higher forces) can only push, they can't over-ride his free will.
Also, people get caught up in concentrating on what is happening with the other person when this experience is all about learning to trust the universe. I know my tf is being and will be pushed to awaken, but I don't need to know the specifics. It's not up to me to dictate or determine it.

I know for me, one big outcome of this was that I finally got on my soul mission. I know that if my tf hadn't been there, it's highly likely that wouldn't have happened. That seems far greater and more important than any romantic relationship. Personally, I believe that is what the signs and numbers are about, my soul mission.

Also, to address what Lorelyen said, it's not about blinding trusting any supposed "authority", it's quite the opposite, really. Learning to question everything and not take anyone's word for it because they are an authority. A big part of this is learning to trust yourself over anything else. If people don't get that, then they have missed the boat, so to speak. When I did initially find the tf concept, I didn't believe it because some "authority" said so, I believed it because it made sense out of what had happened. I agree though, that most of what is on the web is probably nonsense. Which is why I don't watch or read much on tfs. I don't necessarily believe how it is portrayed, what I believe in, is soul connections.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:27 AM
Experiencer

I agree with ForgedInFire, too much emphasis is put by many on twin flames and soulmates, and looking for signs can become a silly obsession by those who look outside for validation and fulfillment, rather than inside themselves. I have done it myself. It's a sure path to tears and disappointment. At one point I just dropped the whole drama. Now I feel fine by myself.

FWIW I just recently read on a website by a woman called Toni Winniger who claims to channel spirits and answers questions (for free) that twin souls usually don't reincarnate at the same time because they would be too focused on each other and forget about their life lessons, for which they incarnated. Makes sense to me.

But it's interesting to see the high energy in this thread. Apparently ForgedInFire managed to hit a few buttons ;) Everyone just take a deeeeep breath .... relax .... It's a hot topic, apparently.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:55 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
But it's interesting to see the high energy in this thread. Apparently ForgedInFire managed to hit a few buttons ;) Everyone just take a deeeeep breath .... relax .... It's a hot topic, apparently.

I feel so guilty for squashing all those lies for the ones who live with them.. see? -->
Old 07-05-2018, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInFire
it's hard not to "care" when the majority of this forum and everywhere else is rather stale with a constant obsession and need to keep rehashing the same old boring twin flame topics.

I agree this forum could be a bit more lively.

That said, there are many who find the whole concept completely new and strange--and they shouldn't be mocked for trying to find out what its all about and expressing their feelings about it.

That also said, makes me very pleased I didn't have to go through that much. I had a TF, but we cut it off very early on--due to the fact I was and am still a huge spiritual mess right now.

Weird how the Universe is still throwing men seriously interested in me at me...

I don't get it, but ok.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Closing for clean up and temporary cool down. I will delete a lot of posts on here that are not on topic with the original subject post.

Please be kind and respectful to each other, use the ignore feature or do not post if you do not agree with an individual. Accounts consistently breaching the respect rule may be subject for removal,

Clover/Staff
Closed Thread