Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Sangress

Self-conflicting thoughts of the past

I was hesitant to make this thread as I rarely open up and mention the past, but I haven't anything to loose...so I suppose I will.

Of late, I've found that every moment I get to be with my own thoughts they seem to stray to the past (or past lives as it is called,) not in a nostalgic sense or even in the sense of flashbacks, but mostly to regrets and problems that no longer legitimately exist in this lifetime anymore, of failures and losses. Just about nothing of it all can be resolved due to it being so long ago (not that there is anything to resolve anymore...so logically it shouldn't even bother me.)

I know some of it occurs because there are situations in my life now that remind me of the past in some way, but even so I used to be very good at leaving the past alone. Keeping it where it is 'meant' to be and not allowing it to interfere in my current life.

I have been very good at moving on...or so I thought. But something has changed and for whatever reason I can't seem to leave the past in the past anymore. I know the dangers of allowing prior lifetimes to overwhelm or have too deep an influence on current life can be and the fear of this happening is causing all the more conflict.

I suppose all in all I'm seeking advice regarding this particular situation.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or has had this problem? What did you do about it?

Did you find out why the past suddenly became so important or so present within your perceptions/thoughts?

Any theories as to why this could suddenly begin to happen?
Old 21-02-2014, 01:14 AM
Master

I have been having similar issues, but with the past in this life, so I don't know if this will be helpful for you. I have been working with a lot of guides lately on similar issues and here is what I have learned so far:

The past's unresolved issues have a way of popping up and asking, "Do you still need me in your life? I'm here, protecting you and I'll keep protecting you if you want." Mostly those are the fear issues. In working through my fears, I am letting them go. And I tell them (as I was instructed - and this also works for any oddball thoughts that come from the past that I wonder, now what made me think of that after 20 years? it works for those too) 1) Thank you for coming. 2) I no longer need you in my life. 3) you can go now. And tell it to go. May take twice for a few of them, but they never come back after that.

It's like a magic pill.

The guides told me to look at it like it's Saturn. I am the ring on the outermost edge, expanded out to the leading edge. During my expansion outwards of becoming, and changing, and just living life, most of me came with me :), but a few things got stuck back on one of the inner rings, and they want to join me where I am, and be updated about the new me, and not stay stuck in my old energy. So, when they pop up, I try and catch them and address them. And sometimes I give them a choice, depending on what it is. I can "show" them the life I have now and give them a choice to stay with me as I am now (sort of like, growing them up) or they can choose to leave. Their choice. I have been doing that less and less, it seems easier just to tell them to go :)

Another thing I thought of when I was reading your post, about past lives, is unresolved issues. Any unresolved issues in a past life, you can resolve with this life if you choose, then in the next life, they won't be an issue because you resolved them in this one. So, same concept, different life.

Hope this is helpful.

I have heard Abraham Hicks say lately that if it is not active in your vibration of now, it is a non-issue. But if you are thinking about it, then that makes it active - doesn't matter if it was 20 years ago, if you are thinking about it today, it is active in your vibration. Those are the ones I am giving the old heave-ho too.

As to why they are suddenly active, when maybe before they weren't, I remember something Syliva Browne used to say. Say you died in a past life going over a bridge, at age 30. And in this life, you are fine going over bridges, doesn't concern you, maybe it's fun to be going over bridges, until one day when you are 30 and suddenly going over bridges terrifies you, out of the blue. She calls it cell memory, and wrote a book about it. Can't remember the name, but you get the picture. Just acknowledging it, especially if you know it is a past life issue, and letting it speak to you, can resolve it.

Just some thoughts.
Old 21-02-2014, 02:35 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
but mostly to regrets and problems that no longer legitimately exist in this lifetime anymore, of failures and losses.

It could mean a variety of things ...
One, you're remembering past situations to find the answer to how you resolved an issue or how it could be better handled this time around ...
We always have to remember mistakes to not repeat them, however, it should not like a haunting ...
Moving forward is not the same as resolving a problem ...
For purposes of karma, it could be to repay a debt ...
To have peace of mind, nothing can be left undone ...
An amends must be made ...
Set your intention to resolve what disturbs you the most by whatever means possible; prayer, meditation, etc ...
You do not have to recreate the same situation w/the same person to clear a karmic debt ...
Good luck ~
Old 21-02-2014, 03:50 AM
Guide
With regards to theories as to why it's suddenly happening, from my own understanding;
-it may occur due to an injury, or a sort of flashback(like something in this life triggers an old memory). For myself, say in another life I was hanged to death at the age of 21, unbeknownst to me at the time, when I hit that time period, I injured my neck as well as got full-on flashbacks to the other life which was interesting.
-Some other reasons are that sometimes when we move on, we may leave breadcrumbs, (although for myself this was a conscious decision), and when we are ready, we can go "back" and pick up the pieces to fully assimilate the experience in a healing manner.
-Other aspects I've noticed are that sometimes, experiences work a lot like distillation, and as we raise our vibration, some more of the "crud" may rise to the surface, it's not new, but with the finer energy, you may notice more.(Kinda like getting new glasses, where all the sudden you can see more).
-And there are other choices(for myself conscious) that we can make to cause them to arise, but I guess I'll stop there for now.

Quote:
Keeping it where it is 'meant' to be and not allowing it to interfere in my current life.
I can relate. If you check within though you may see it leaking threw though, or more like a passive influence or subtle whispers. If you can check close enough, you may find what caused it to arise specifically which may help in the process.

Another thing, I'm not sure how you are in terms of shifting assemblage points, connection points, or whatnot. I've found that helpful, but I prefer a pretty direct method though. So finding out the reasons for it arising in this life, which can vary, and may try to connect with that other life personality, if you can't no biggie, usually I found there is something in this life that triggers it anyway, so you just start from the trigger and follow the thread till you reach that ball of yarn at the end(source). Relieve it at the source, through healing, letting go, re-doing perhaps,(they may tell you what they need to move on); then it ripples outwards from that point, kinda like a house of cards falling or domino effect.

Anyway, I do think that eventually we reach that point where this stuff happens, and we all find our way through it, it's fun watching everyone's creativity in such situations, so, um. Welcome to the club.
Old 21-02-2014, 06:08 AM
livingkarma

Out of concern, try not to go beyond the past of this present life ...
From what I've observed it, by far, is less helpful, causes a great deal more confusion & is a burden especially when one has difficulty w/the present life ...
If a person goes into it thinking they will get all the answers to their present life they will be in for a rude awakening ...
I did a couple of past life regressions to understand my husband's death, what I learned was nothing more than I already knew ...
One death in particular was a real bummer-quite tragic, but that was not what I was to take from viewing it ...
Death is imminent, I have no control of where, how or when it will happen ...
Life & death turn out how they are meant to ...
Old 21-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Knower

In my opinion, if past is undealt, it comes back until you deal with it. It happened to me few times, I thought I dealt with past, but I dealt it wrong way, so I had to return to it, to bury it properly. Or you could just start thinking about it and manifest it in your life, you could just procrastinate too much and well it starts bugging your head, because you are afraid of it...but I think this is very rare.
Old 21-02-2014, 01:21 PM
pgrundy

Sangress, I really relate to what you are asking. I am 60 now, and I still get tugs from something difficult that happened 41 years ago. It is extremely frustrating since I have had years and years and years of therapy, have written about it, have been to mediums, have been to an energy healer, and still, it does come back and tug.

I just accept it as part of me. I try not to spend too much time with it, but neither do I push it away. I think of it like this: If a truck ran over my leg, it would likely leave a scar and no matter how many years went by there would be days when it ached or when I looked at it and remembered. It's not a problem, it just is.

I also write and draw and these creative outlets serve as a kind of 'container' for feelings from the past I don't want or need. I have somewhere to put them, into my art, and there they may help others some cay.

Finally, if I have fears that I know are from the past and no longer relevant, I talk to them just as if they were a person 19 years old. I reassure her that I have it and she can relax, I'm dealing with it now. she doesn't have to. Sounds weird maybe, but it works for me.

I am so glad you posted. Makes me feel less alone knowing so many people deal with similar issues. All the best to you,

Pam
Old 21-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Master

There is an old saying about the past, something about the need to remember it. To understand and appreciate what it is you are (suppose) to experience. It is one's karma and part of purpose I think, and the continuation of learning. Karma says this is possible and needed for your greater understanding, something to overcome and go beyond. I can relate to what you say. This is my theory. As far as suddenly, it's always been there, ignored until now. IOW maybe all things are carried forward to.
Old 21-02-2014, 05:42 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
There is an old saying about the past, something about the need to remember it. To understand and appreciate what it is you are (suppose) to experience. It is one's karma and part of purpose I think, and the continuation of learning. Karma says this is possible and needed for your greater understanding, something to overcome and go beyond. I can relate to what you say. This is my theory. As far as suddenly, it's always been there, ignored until now. IOW maybe all things are carried forward to.

I get what you're saying, I do believe as you do it is carried over ...
I also understand it to mean it is recreated in the present life to remember it, relive it & make a better choice ...
That repays the debt ...
I do believe we have opportunities to experience every side of human life and b/c of our core values we can avoid piling up karma debt ...
How they turn out is made by our decisions whether it involves intuition, awareness, education or all of these ...
If I were to get caught up in trying to control or change my past & future, I'd miss out on the wild ride of life ...
I've done all the thing, dissecting, mincing, etc ...
I've come to believe in the "now"; its what I have deduced & its much easier for me to get at the core issue than everything that surrounds it to re-think & mull around in the mud with ...
Old 06-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Lady Diana

I feel that way alot. To be depressed or sorrowful for things your not even going thru in your present life. Some people just say its nerves or mental illness but I feel its much more than that. We bring with us unresolved emotions into our current lives. I for one have been drawn to a life that I lived in the late Victorian or early Edwardian time period. I am drawn to things from that time, all of my homes have been from that time period and I furnish my home with things that spoke to me in Antique Shops as the type of things I owned in that past life. I have perged twice by selling everything and starting over, but it stays with me and once again I have a home that looks like you have walked into a time warp. That life was important to me I guess or I have issues I need to work through.