Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 26-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Dante1709

Muskrat's soul with me?

I've always believed that animals have souls, and I recently experienced something that I find to be personally touching.
I have been taking walks lately, to a nearby creek/marsh and for days I've been walking by a poor, deceased muskrat. It was emaciated from the cold winter, and on land ; maybe a dog did something to it? Either way, it was old and I walked by it for a few days.

Today, however, I just "out of the blue" decided to place two sticks, like a cross, over it (even though I'm not Christian)..I continued my walk until I saw some dried hydrangea, and placed that too. For a moment, imagination or not, I felt as if his/her soul was with me.
As I was leaving, I got a thought ; wouldn't it be crazy if I saw a muskrat? And that's exactly what happened ; pretty close to where the body was, I noticed a muskrat swimming..just to remind you, it's winter, and most muskrats aren't active, let alone in water!

I felt totally amazed to see this, and for me, it was a sign from the Universe that it's soul was with me. I also ended finding even more hydrangea after this, which I promptly placed with the rest.

I now vow to place some flowers or honor any dead animals I see!
Old 26-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Smilealittlebrighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante1709
I've always believed that animals have souls, and I recently experienced something that I find to be amazing.
I have been taking walks lately, to a nearby creek/marsh and for days I've been walking by a poor, deceased muskrat. It was emaciated from the cold winter, and on land ; maybe a dog did something to it? Either way, it was old and I walked by it for a few days.

Today, however, I just "out of the blue" decided to place two sticks, like a cross, over it (even though I'm not Christian)..I continued my walk until I saw some dried hydrangea, and place that too. For a moment, imagination or not, I felt as if his/her soul was with me.
As I was leaving, I got a thought ; wouldn't it be crazy if I saw a muskrat? And that's exactly what happened ; pretty close to where the body was, I noticed a muskrat swimming..reminder that it's winter, and most muskrats are inactive.

I felt totally amazed to see this, and for me, it was a sign from the Universe that it's soul was with me. I also ended finding even more hydrangea after this, which is promptly placed with the rest.

I now vow to place some flowers or honor any dead animals I see!

What a beautiful experience

I agree with you - animals do have souls. Whenever we pass an animal that has passed; I always pray to St. Francis to watch over it.

I think that it's wonderful, your vow to honor animals that have passed.
Old 26-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Pathfinder
That was very sweet of you to care for the animal, even after death c:
I have noticed that nature/the universe often rewards those that take time out of their busy lives to care for others (animals or people) that were otherwise forgotten by everyone else. Kindness is rewarded in all sorts of ways <3
Old 27-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Master

If I have found one on the road (we live in the country and there are miles of dirt roads for us to walk on) I've always moved the dead animal to the side but what you did was really nice and you have prompted me to do the same, thank you
Old 31-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Dante1709

I've been going for more walks lately and every single time, I've seen a muskrat.I think I've made a friend!
It's kind of sad seeing houses being built around the area ; it's a haven for all types of animals and plants. Makes me sad to see that they have started to cut some grass down.
Old 31-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
A compassionate act, to honour the Muskrat's Soul. So beautiful and heartfelt.