Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 27-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Pathfinder
Extremely "Real" Lucid Dream World

Hi everyone!

Many years ago, when I was really practicing my lucid dreaming a lot, I had a "dream" that really sticks out in my memories.

I don't remember how it started but at some point I became 100% lucid. I knew I had been dreaming but then I felt exactly like I do in the "real" (waking) world. I could hear, smell, see.. Except I felt heavy. I was crouching down in this world, looking through a box of records in a store. But I knew I was dreaming and lucid so I didn't look through the records anymore, I concentrated on how I felt. I couldn't stand up, I felt too heavy. All I knew for sure was that I felt exactly like I do when awake, but I knew I wasn't awake.

Another time I had a similar experience. I'd been dreaming and then poof, I was 100% lucid. I was standing on a hill overlooking a dark body of water (lake?) under a star-filled sky. There was a lantern nearby. I think there was a celebration behind me. It didn't last long and I didn't go anywhere or do anything, I just took careful note of my feelings.. how everything felt 100% like I was awake in the "real" world, only I knew I had been dreaming.

These experiences differed from my normal lucid dreaming, as normally when I become lucid I still feel "dream like" and I do things like play around with "magic" abilities and make things happen and whatnot. My usual lucid playtimes don't feel like I'm 100% normal-awake.. Just aware-awake, if that makes any sense.

Anyone else experience these sorts of things? What are "normal" lucid dreams like for you?
Old 28-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Suspended
Hiya cydonia

Yes, I know what you mean.

I think (at least for me) that it depends on my level of lucidity. I go from 'knowing I'm dreaming and accepting this' to 'knowing I'm dreaming and understanding this' to anything in between!

I'd hazard a guess that lucidity ranges from 25% to 100%. The dreams that feel as real as can be (or more real) are those where I'm 100%. It's when I'm ultra-alert, ultra-focussed and ultra-aware. I'd be able to tell you my address, do a simple mathematical sum and make logical decisions. These dreams are my best, purely because I'm so aware.

Those dreams in between when I'm half-lucid are fun - lots of flying, lots of walking through walls, lots of how's your father - but they don't quite have the 'edge' of the 100% ones.

Have you ever tried tasting something when lucid enough? That's an interesting exercise. I've had mixed results with it.
Old 30-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Guide

I also had a few ''very real'' lucid dreams. I like to have them.
Old 31-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydonia1978
Hi everyone!

Many years ago, when I was really practicing my lucid dreaming a lot, I had a "dream" that really sticks out in my memories.

I don't remember how it started but at some point I became 100% lucid. I knew I had been dreaming but then I felt exactly like I do in the "real" (waking) world. I could hear, smell, see.. Except I felt heavy. I was crouching down in this world, looking through a box of records in a store. But I knew I was dreaming and lucid so I didn't look through the records anymore, I concentrated on how I felt. I couldn't stand up, I felt too heavy. All I knew for sure was that I felt exactly like I do when awake, but I knew I wasn't awake.

Another time I had a similar experience. I'd been dreaming and then poof, I was 100% lucid. I was standing on a hill overlooking a dark body of water (lake?) under a star-filled sky. There was a lantern nearby. I think there was a celebration behind me. It didn't last long and I didn't go anywhere or do anything, I just took careful note of my feelings.. how everything felt 100% like I was awake in the "real" world, only I knew I had been dreaming.

These experiences differed from my normal lucid dreaming, as normally when I become lucid I still feel "dream like" and I do things like play around with "magic" abilities and make things happen and whatnot. My usual lucid playtimes don't feel like I'm 100% normal-awake.. Just aware-awake, if that makes any sense.

Anyone else experience these sorts of things? What are "normal" lucid dreams like for you?

Lucid dreams still are not quite real which you have a sense of but still have bits of fantasy about them. Thinks it's how awareness might be described. It's probably different for different people to but lucid dreaming seems to have more order in them. However, for me you understand what you dream because their meaning of what is there is understood. I think it rests on understanding. Remember when in sleep brain activity has stages which mirror state when a person is awake. You also think when you dream. Studies and measurement have shown this. In fact the same parts of the brain are used.

Now remember everything is here to. Everything you sense is seen in the minds eyes. You can't take things into you but you do build them in the head. It is energy that constructs itself in the brain centers. Somehow the brain dose it and it knows what's out there. Energy signals triggers the brain to see a mind representation of what you see outside for instance. Dreams to are a form of recreation by the mind that are in the mind, to work on it own so to speak, independently. The connect to reality. It has the ability to project to. It knows and it remembers. This is why receiving is important.

Sleep time is very creative. The conscious mind doesn't dominate. Things are real in the brain because your are seeing in ways that mirror looking. You use the same parts of the brain and so will mirror it's natural ability and function.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydonia1978

Lucid dreams are still dreams. The amount of realism in dreams varies greatly from night to night. Unless you remember most of your dreams, you probably just forgot the vivid but non-lucid dreams you have had. Lucidity tends to enhance recall.

Also note that other experiences besides dreams can happen while you are sleeping. If it felt not just vivid but 'different', perhaps you had one of these. To name a few: spontaneous astral travel, visions, visitations, alien abduction, entity invasion, telepathy, ...
Old 01-04-2014, 04:56 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Also note that other experiences besides dreams can happen while you are sleeping. If it felt not just vivid but 'different', perhaps you had one of these. To name a few: spontaneous astral travel, visions, visitations, alien abduction, entity invasion, telepathy, ...

What are visitations and entity invasion? Can our dreams be stimulated by an outside source aside from our own mind?
Old 01-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
What are visitations and entity invasion? Can our dreams be stimulated by an outside source aside from our own mind?
Visitations are literally that, something coming to visit you. The ones that happen while you are 'asleep' can be physical (like ETs), non-physical (spirit guides), or a combination (ghosts).

An entity invasion (possession) is when an entity enters and takes up residence within your body. These are relatively rare and not the what is described in this thread.

Dreams can be visited, shared, and entered though all are rare.

I am not aware of dreams being invoked. Visions however can be. Visions can seem very like dreams especially if you don't have prior experience with both.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Visitations are literally that, something coming to visit you. The ones that happen while you are 'asleep' can be physical (like ETs), non-physical (spirit guides), or a combination (ghosts).

Why do these entities come to visit while we're sleeping? Especially non-physical entities?
Old 02-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
Why do these entities come to visit while we're sleeping? Especially non-physical entities?
They do come while are awake too.

To answer your question here are several reasons why night visitations are more common (or seem to be):
-While awake you are physically moving around and so are harder to locate and stay with. Most people sleep in the same location every night and so are easier to find and less likely to move out of range.
-When awake you are distracted and less likely to notice any contact.
-At night your defenses (self protection) are less active.
-For visitations that are not for your benefit, its easy to write your experiences off to a nightmare and forget them. This allows more leeway in terms of unwanted or out of place behavior.
-When dreaming you are not enforcing you concept about how things 'should be'. In a dream state you are more receptive to unusual stuff.
-Many people spontaneously go OBE (astral travel) making inter-dimensional encounters much easier.
-People are not focused on getting stuff done, so have time for encounters.