Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM
Master
This is a copy of email sent today to our Outreach Minister today...

lt's good they leave the collection plate to the end, as long as people giving don't get missed - it knocks 4/5 mins off the service length as I keep pushing for, so when those new people come in we don't bore them, leave them smiling - it's a new generation of churchgoers we are looking for, dare I say it to entertain.

Your 4/5 mins initial talks are so good, shining a light, your energy is amazing - I just suggest we have 4 hymns instead of 5 when you speak to keep the time good in this busy world, Christian Unitarian hymns are so much better than some of ours, and shorter mind.

But will they come - once the services are so good, then people will tell others it's good in there, no need to advertise after, just keep more coming in - because our share of 1000's of spirit believers in Macclesfield are there waiting, they just don't know they're coming here on a Sunday yet x

The 2 speakers were brilliant, good energy, lovely voice Minister today.... Can you imagine this video after 15 mins and the Minister just says have a look at this for a few mins and see what you think - if the church lower floor was nearly full, imagine the power in the singing as people were energised from that small laughter section - you should be able to see this without being on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/W3yxWBYaW3VY92JK/

Below are my talks on this to Elders I prepared - either don't bother, or you read it to them - or ask me and I'll come to speak at the meeting.

Regards Steve.

----

Hi everybody, thanks for letting me speak here today - all of us here love our church don't we, and it's not complicated this regenerating a church / our church - filling this lower floor and maybe more is very possible.

This change i've been on about for ages - you've got some people who go to the spiritual church here, and some go to other churches - but then you've got this mass of 1000's in our town who believe in spirit, but don't go to church.

They are out there in our town now, those thousands of spirit believers, I know because many from Macclesfield are in my Facebook groups - you've just got to connect with them.

It's a good start with our church regeneration that you've now appointed an Outreach Minister, and I have connections also with the people who may be interested - they won't come rushing in, but they will one by one or two or more a week.

Once / if we get this right, that's how you fill that lower floor - one by one, or two by two as we preach the word of God and some smiles in the services - and not too long services, it's a busy world - families have other things to do.

Then if they really enjoy it they will tell others, it's good in there, you don't know what you're missing - then more will come weekly.

This change I'm talking about, it's not rocket science - it's doing as we do, but don't repeat things that one of the 2 speakers have said, and they need to be speaking with energy and a smile as the Ministers do.

So it's just taking a section out so it doesn't get boring - because new people will say this boring word if we don't get it right - have you ever thought if we're allowed to use the Unitarians hymns, many are shorter and better than most of ours, or we have just 4 hymns instead of 5.

But that section of smiles / laughter in amongst the powerful teaching, hasn't just got to be 3 seconds of it IMO 4 or 5 mins so people are energised and awake, and enjoy - that is important that they enjoy and then tell others it was good in there.

The only way you'll bring many more new people in church in this busy world is make it so good, they know they're missing something.

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...