Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 14-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Kundalini/chakra yoga

Hi! Im new here. I Would like to know the ones of you, who are doing kundalini/chakra-based yoga, how you are setting up a program. I mean, are you doing exercises for all chakras every time, or do you use a whole session, working on only on chakra? And how many poses do you put into your program? Thanks, Martin :)
Old 14-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Suspended
My own opinion on this is that you would be far better focusing on some foundational meditation whether mindfulness or any other as fits you best. There are a number of reasons for this with one of the most pertinent being that you need some clarity of vision and firm stability before attempting any tantric/esoteric psychic manipulations.

It is very easy to get lost in the wood but far harder to find the oak tree..
Old 14-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks, I will keep that in mind :) I am doing meditation as well, But my focus has been on the yoga lately. You mean that if I improve my meditation stills, it will be more easy to surrender into my yoga postures?
Old 16-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Suspended
Yoga was originally created as a primer for meditation itself. The asanas help mold and soften your physical and psychic form, thereby allowing you to start meditation from a good base and with a more 'enlightened' mind.

I recommend studying the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the commentaries for more instruction.. There are many copies on Amazon.
Old 16-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Ok thanks a lot. I am reading Anodea Judith's book (chakra yoga) but there are SO many poses and I dont have an instructor either.. Are there any essential poses, that would make it a lot more easy for me, thanks :)
Old 21-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Ascender
You should look some videos up on youtube. I've found some fantastic practices on there for kundalini, chakra and krya yoga.

It's interesting... after krya yoga for a few weeks, I felt a powerful transition period with energy and lifestyle changes that have improved my life in wonderful ways.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Knower
I have been doing kundalini yoga daily for the last 6 years, and also do the 5 Tibetans rights in the morning before the daily meditation. Here the chakras are all opened early in the morning and I have to say at 56 I feel like I’ve lost 20 years of life and feel 36 at this moment. Yoga is a life saver!!
What I’ve found is that if you do yoga daily for 60 days then you can without problems do it for the rest of your life.
Joe
Old 24-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Master
The yoga postures are themselves meditation postures.