Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 24-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Guide
Can one live a non-judgemental life?

I have been exploring developing my intuition and recently have started a course in Intuitive Development. The course/instructor is based out of Phoenix, Az and she has some stalwart concepts in the course. She states that in order to be open to our connection with Spirit, we must focus on staying in a state of non-judgment. Becoming judgmental hinders our connection and we will not receive messages/information from spirit.
I'm not sure I agree with this, as my profession requires me to make judgments all the time, but I know that I still get messages/information while working with individuals. Also, I had a dream last night that spirit relayed to me that if we were to maintain a non-judgmental status all the time, we would become "robotic" (not my word, Spirit's word) in our existence. I awoke really puzzled at all this, as I just don't see how one can live a 24/7 non-judgmental life. Aren't our emotions really tools for us human beings to utilize in honing our path of self development and growth? Does intuition require us to squelch our emotional responses to daily life situations? I'd like to hear others' opinions. Thanks so much for your reply.

Last edited by Sojourner2013 : 24-02-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 24-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Ascender

Well, I don't consider emotional responses as judgment.

Even if emotional responses can inform a judgment along with logic/evidence or consideration of the opinions of others, I don't believe that's a bad thing either. Intuition can inform a certain kind of judgment.

The sort of judgment I think would get in the way, is the kind that goes, "This is stupid. That was just a dream, and it won't help my professional life, and maybe these are good people really believe that Spirit is real-- but they're just talking crazy!" That's when judgment will squelch intuition.

And then there are states where the emotional response will be noted, and allowed to be. The dream will be noted, and allowed to be. The present moment, even at work, will be allowed to be-- even if you look like you're working, perhaps, you'll live in a dissociated and perpetually peaceful state of mind? I'm not sure how well that works, because I don't spend too long there myself.

I make a lot of judgments, for one thing what is spiritual and what is mundane. I don't look too hard for synchronicities, or take them too seriously when I note them, for example-- because I've judged the material to be too random by nature. That, for those who do find synchronicities to be the best way by which to communicate with spirit, might say this judgment of mine has blocked this avenue of communication.

I haven't missed it. I compartmentalize the time for me to meditate, do tarot card readings, update my dream journal-- because I have made the judgment that this is the most suitable way by which I live my spirituality.
Old 24-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
Intuition can inform a certain kind of judgment.

Thanks, great observations! Will you give me an example of the above statement you made?
Old 24-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Master
Judgment is a part of life, you make judgments every day, you make a judgment before diving into a river, you have to make sure there is nothing just above the surface. And yes we do have to make judgments about people, its happening all the time in law courts.
Old 25-02-2013, 03:19 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
Intuition can inform a certain kind of judgment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Thanks, great observations! Will you give me an example of the above statement you made?

A multi-lingual friend of mine was aiming to work for an embassy. I didn't know how fluent she was in that language, but it was certainly enough to intellectually impress me. She was a friend, so I was emotionally rooting for her.

Still, intuitively, I knew, "You're not going to get that job." I squashed it and said nothing because it sounded like a mean-spirited judgment.

As it turned out, her vocabulary in that foreign language was still under par. If I had accepted that intuitive insight, then I would have made the judgment to encourage her to look for other options, too. Instead, she got several days of feeling lost and depressed because she had been banking on getting that one job.

So, there was my judgment that got in the way of my intuition... and, there was the judgment that I woulda-coulda-shoulda made that began with accepting an intuitive message.
Old 27-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Chango

I think your course instructor is advising you to not be judgmental about someone's character. Everybody faces challenges and is brought up differently and we can never really know a person for who they are without knowing everything about them. I feel its only fair to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
Old 28-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Knower

Good question. I've come to the conclusion that judging isn't much more than the ego having something to do. The ego needs to be fed so it judges others usually in ways that make the ego feel better. Most of us do it without realizing we are doing it because we have done it our entire lives and really don't know how to stop doing it(for the most part).

Judging others is one thing but I think many of us are judge ourselves just as harshly. I am currently trying to get in the habit of not doing that but it's not easy.
Old 28-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Master
While there's no way to understand all the factors involved in spontaneous awakening I do recall that for about three years before it I dedicatedly tried to avoid judging people, to make determinations on a course of action yes, but judging others no. It easy wasn't, bit like herding wild cats really, but it got easier and is much easier now having found a core of deep compassion and love for all.

So perhaps there is something to what your teacher says? None judging of others may move us into higher vibrational ranges.
It would make sense that it does.