Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-04-2019, 12:52 AM
Master
Many ways to love

The many ways we love. ��

In my reflections of late on conditioned love, I’ve been looking closely at patterns served to us, from our most closest models/carer’s but also our love needs that were not met, in those conditioned spaces of love. As we grow and deepen into self realisation journey, we can see how love through our models, didn’t always fill those spaces in us the way we needed, especially the more highly sensitive empaths, who were raised by less sensitive, in tune parents.

Through the letting go / surrender process, where we can enter that place of emptiness (free from conditioning) we embark on the walk back to more authentic love. This walk back to love, opens up the need space of love for self and those we engage with differently. We notice how our old needs of love no longer serve us, no longer build deeper connected quality experiences. The emptiness is a beautiful point of becoming, the shedding, and release back to nothing, to awaken everything we are beyond those old markers of love. No longer bound by old patterns, conditioned love, we begin to resurrect our true state and the true art of love more aligned to our true self. The place where we begin to seek and build relationships with life around us, that do support us, are more aligned to our new way of being which consequently bridges new ways of love, support and care.

In my own experience, as a seeker, opening to my true nature,letting go of old patterns of love and opening to love more aware of loving kindness, compassion and respect, without underlying fears and containment’s, I’ve had to learn to open more truthfully in the face of others still contained by walls and fears. Understanding yourself more clear and loving, understanding your needs and awareness of others more clear, those old entanglements, now become a place of resurrection. Your own, to be more open and connected, flowing with, rather than blocking that flow. Where fear to feel and stay present with all things moving through the shared space. For a sensitive this runs deep and vast. For a highly sensitive these times when we are not clear and grounded can feel like the weight of the world impeding upon us.

In this presence you allow yourself to practice and continue to free your mind/body in the old conditioniing, to fall away. Emotional reactions, needs that cling and attach, expectations of others, desires where we try to make others be something they cannot be. Allowing yourself to bear witness to the whole array of infringments, that have created this mind/body as a conditioned source of love and releasing those binds. In the end, in your becoming you give the shared space, not only the attention you need to be more connected, but the other. You can look more consciously aware in truth, at your patterns to change the way you believe you need to be. For the true seeker it’s a very conscious mindful practice to bridge a greater degree of change and a greater degree of balance from within. For the highly sensitive empath it becomes a way of living more connected where one no longer fears life that shatters and breaks our hearts. Where the beautiful gift of sensitivity is embraced as open deep feeling, sensitive to itself and others in every way it feels and sees.

Many associate the meditation practice and teachings to support this undoing with presence to allow everything to fall away, be released, so the mind body is freed of its own containment.

In my own practice it’s in my every day lived experience that I am now open to being. It’s living more attentive to yourself and life to build a more quality of presence with all life. It becomes a way to end those old patterns that contain us, keep us isolated or only connected where it’s safe to feel and be loving.

In the fallout from love, we learn of our fractured and broken hearts. We learn how we contain and hold back our true feelings. We stop being fully present in our bodies and listen to what everything we see and feel, seeks of us. Our protective walls in the old patterns, continue to grasp onto the old models of love. We fear to live differently, drop those walls from old patterns and face the truth of those life moments around self love and loving others.

I am learning through my wise self to speak the truth, not only if myself aware, but the truth of situations I experience with others. When your more clear and open to your true loving self, others can gain with your presence. Every connection, an opportunity to grow deeper in the art of true and authentic love.

If you see the truth, the wise self through it’s loving kindness and compassion can model and assist those difficult moments in the world we each participate in.
To recognise those patterns as yourself to support the other and you in becoming more open and clear in the art of love and loving others.

We each love through the many streams of old models. Whether those models were contained in the ways I mentioned, or more open, caring and loving in compassionate living kindness, these become the many streams of love. This became our art of love. The many ways we show love. Our earliest foundations paving the way. Our earliest models modelling how they chose to love. Each of us learning through love and it’s hidden containment’s. For the highly sensitive empath, this becomes a skewed reality of love, a path where the deeper levels within us seek to know love differently. Be loved differently.

The art of love in its many forms requires a base of shared openness. Open communication where all are willing to be open and listen. Open and present with what is before you. Attentive even as it may not be right, others cannot see what you see, feels differently to you. It’s through an open receptive state of being, we let everything sit in us, we let go of ourselves to listen attentively to everything being shared. When you do this, you begin to notice where you are distracted, wandering into your needs, projecting them into the needs of the other, impeding the natural movement of change and deeper loving relationships.

Those who are aware and more open, will at times be challenged by those who are still stuck in those old patterns. The journey of true and authentic love,at times, will be very foreign to them. It’s through presence, listening and open honest communication we yield a greater capacity of change for all. It’s through your own open state, it offers natural reflections of positive change to be born.

Coercing, forcing, controlling, dominating through old patterns of fear and self gain alone, cannot merge a greater expanse of love, loving kindness and compassion. Empathy requires surrender, understanding requires surrender, presence requires surrender.

Surrender requires you to be present with yourself, to understand your patterns, to dig deeper into love without bounds, love as a free spirited true authentic love.

We all deserve to be loved, supported and cared for.
Love becomes an exchange and we become the exchange you wish to receive, when we model a more authentic loving connection.

When love is balanced within, in both giving and receiving, where their are no gaps seeking love through need or desires, expectations or attachments, or force, love becomes clear. Clarity of being comes alive. You move as the balance of love in this light.

It becomes the yin/yang principle, where perfect harmony within ones being understands giving and receiving moves through you as this way. It understands that the reflection of love in that balance,naturally moves in this flow and harmony. It understands itself as the whole shared space.

As a model aware, it understands.

Last edited by JustBe : 02-04-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:14 AM
ImthatIm

Love it!
This Divine Love, and it's teachings are vast and freeing yet simple.
Every day and every encounter is a chance to grow in and express this Divine true Love.
Your on to it and have many insights.
Nice to see a fellow Being of Infinite Love.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:03 AM
Master

Beautifully said JustBe

Your inspiration evokes these words ...

As we gradually transition
by shifts in fulcrum position
from love born of expectation
rooted in ownership association
to an involuntary outpouring
non-judging and all embracing
No giving, taking or exchanging
as in a doer doing
is when true love rises as a becoming
A pulsating flow, unending

We feel it within, as magnetism rising

Old 02-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Lorelyen

As Unseeking Seeker says - inspirational.

I gave up on the word "love" which is so abstract as to fail to describe an interconnection usefully among people and their environment. Social conditioning has forced a situation where emotions often distort an individual's view of their own feelings. Delusion, in a word. But I suppose "we all know what it means" in a kind of way although that'll be different for everyone.

I see various components going in to "different kinds of love," from adoration to appreciation, dependence on specific things; to the needs arising from our most basic drives; to the support we need and give, beneficiary or benefactor, and on - the mix of these defining particular kinds of love in our lives. And plainly liking others or being liked by them which adjusts the barriers between people - whether we have to be defensive or embracing of them - and how that might change as events proceed. Not quite such a superficial issue as might first appear. Anyone engaged in business negotiations however small will recognise it.

Most people want to be liked but some don't care, the more self-propelled we are the less we probably care. Does the hermit care if others like them?

I think we all deserve to be acknowledged without hostility. And we hope we can get our needs met without too much effort or apprehension - but even they change over time - and - assuming we know what our needs really are and can segregate the essential from the pro-tem. We are no less dynamic than others functionally related in our lives. Our 'loves', given or received may not stand still for too long.

All good then!
Nice one, JustBe. A very big subject.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:30 PM
Molearner

JustBe,

Thanks for your reflections. I think we allow any discussion of love to be overly complicated. For me, it all boils down to this: Any instance of love has one thing in common...….a surrender of ego has occurred. Maybe I need a chalkboard but visualize two circles beginning to intersect with one another. Shall we call one circle the Hatfields(Red) and one the McCoys(blue)? Where the two circles first intersect some surrender of ego must happen. This space, by the way, forms what is called the vesical pisces. This area is one of some small commonality, in essence, an area of truce. This particular area is secured by the unseen presence of an umpire, an arbiter. We can call, if we wish, this unseen presence God for lack of a better word. Also notice what happens in this small area.....the merging of the two areas no longer can be seen as Red or Blue. A new color has been formed. This area, tiny at first, has the potential of expanding into one circle and a new and distinct color.

I am reminded of the poem by Edwin Markham:

"He drew a circle that shut me out---
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!"
Old 02-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Love it!
This Divine Love, and it's teachings are vast and freeing yet simple.
Every day and every encounter is a chance to grow in and express this Divine true Love.
Your on to it and have many insights.
Nice to see a fellow Being of Infinite Love.

Thankyou ImthatIm.

I suppose there are many names given to the expression of love in this way. Divine is one such name. Infinite love is another. For me it’s been about the journey of understanding and clarity leading me to see that the human process of connection, choices, feelings, emotions all entwine into a vast mix of what we call love.

For me it’s ‘presence’ in the way I’ve come to meet myself, it’s not only about giving but, receptivity/receiving, a willingness to open to what is, open to let those realizations and ones own reflection, into the shared space as both. To let the other into that space as they are to let the shared space be in a greater truth of that whole space.

In the past I haven’t allowed myself to be loved. To let in fully, this love. My pain, and others pain has always challenged me to fear opening fully as both giver and receiver of love. I’ve literally had to fall in love with love to overcome deep seated fears, deep seated generational patterns that were all about giving, less about receiving. This is part of the human experience at times and the nature of life conditioned and controlling how love will be for them. True love is a rare thing. People raised by parents who modelled this kind of love I outlined, is rare, but it’s a potential of you becoming your own presence and completeness.

There is the human level of this I’m talking about, where it’s integrated as divine love or full presence as your way of connecting in this human experience.

When you feel complete in this way, there is no need to source a reflection to fill you. I see why many choose a solo existence. They feel they are enough. They feel complete in this divine love. They’ve sourced the love they are.

For me the journey back to what I call true love, has been long and hard, but for me it’s all about this lived experience, so I’ve dedicated myself to always reflecting through all life and experiences. In this way I’m not isolating myself or love, not placing this under a heading of gods love, divine love/infinite love. For me it’s wholeness born from separation in me, balance gained from walking through everything to bridge this in my being. Feeling whole because I’ve released the conditioned state in my being that ruled my deeper presence.

I suppose love becomes an act in this view. If I have built this balance as myself, as I move and as I be in the world, it moves through me as clarity as balance.

The many ways of this love move as each one chooses to move.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:50 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I’ve literally had to fall in love with love to overcome deep seated fears

To fall in Love with Love.
I love this way of seeing it.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Master
What a wonderful discussion by all

Everything said here by JustBe is completely appropriate to what I call (for lack of better words) foundational or authentic love, as humanity can know it.
This is the love of lovingkindness/compassion and equanimity. The love which actively seeks and supports the highest good of others equally to the self, and of the self equally to others.
It's emergent from authentic presence and What Is, or our fundamental nature.

It's not anything that is derived or emergent from exchange-based, power-over relationships, where we must continually do or give or produce or serve in order to receive: [pay, position, acceptance, tolerance, affection, time or presence, etc.].

Instead, these exchange-based/power-over "relationships" are, 99% of them, different animals entirely. They are about needs, desires, demands, control, and power, among other things. But by their very nature, they have little to nothing to do with authentic love (lovingkindness, equanimity). And this is particularly so if and when the relationship is not founded upon an authentic love of others as yourself /love of one another simply as they are, people and as beloved friends.

So...something to embrace as a light on the path, indeed.
And certainly something worthy of further discussion & examination.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 03-04-2019, 04:14 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
It's emergent from authentic presence and What Is, or our fundamental nature.

It's not anything that is derived or emergent

7luminaries,

These are the key words in your response. It is a recognition of the goodness, the divinity of our fundamental nature. Accepting this premise it is worthwhile to contemplate the nature of the impediments that prevent our fundamental nature from being visible. We are remanded to 'not put our light under a bushel'. It is my observation/belief that this 'bushel' is the protective shield that we call the ego. If this 'bushel' is air tight it prevents any possibility of any light to emanate from the goodness of our fundamental nature.

In this sense, it is something that we must allow to come forth from us naturally. It is not something that we strive for because most of our 'strivings' are derived from the programs of the ego and thus are suspect in nature and lack authenticity. Who works to smile at a baby? It is not a conscious thought done to impress anyone.....it simply comes naturally from the heart and, thus, is a genuine expression of love.
Old 13-04-2019, 04:35 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I think we allow any discussion of love to be overly complicated. For me, it all boils down to this: Any instance of love has one thing in common...….a surrender of ego has occurred.

In agreement. Molearner, do you think that surrendering allows a glimpse of God or Love?

JL