Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 12-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Am I an Eclectic Wiccan or Pagan Witch?

So I am still quite new to Wicca/witchcraft/paganism and I am currently in the 'research stage' of my spiritual path. However, although I believe the idea of Wicca is right for me in this moment in time, I do have some questions regarding it that I'd like a few opinions on! (Keep in mind that I would consider myself an Eclectic Wiccan)

Let me tell you about my beliefs first. Currently, I do not think I believe in the God and Goddess as actual sentient beings watching over us. To me, the idea of the God and Goddess are more 'personifications of nature'. I personally believe that every living thing in the universe has a soul or an energy to it. I like to believe that the God and Goddess represent specific energies in the universe (The Goddess as the Moon, Sea and Earth/ The God as the Sun, Flora and Fauna and of course they both represent the physical sexes that exist here) I also believe that these energies or souls are recycled after death, aka reincarnation. I also do follow the Wiccan rede and I think the cycle of life, the seasons and the moon cycles should be celebrated! I believe that the universe is divine and sacred. (I also believe in spiritual realms and perhaps its inhabitants are sentient and may guide us, but not ones to worship?)

Regarding witchcraft, I plan to do solitary rituals and personal celebrations on special occasions only such as the Sabbaths during the year, and maybe cast the occasional spell when needed (For anxiety/ sadness relief or to help out friends and family) I also may do small things here and there, perhaps use sigils for protection etc, I do not plan to practice rituals or witchcraft every day. An everyday thing would be following the Rede and appreciating the nature around me, maybe meditating when I can.

How does this all sound? Would I be an Eclectic Wiccan or an Eclectic Pagan witch?

Any opinions are appreciated! I am struggling to give myself a label as I seem to fall right in the middle of the two. Thank you!
Old 12-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Pathfinder
When you label yourself, you limit yourself.
Choose to be limitless!

You don't need to be a label.
Just be you.
Old 13-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Master
PumpkinFae, ALL pagans are eclectic, it's a very individual group each with their own beliefs although some are shared [ Nature-orientated ]

Wicca is just a new shoot on a very old tree. In UK, the "Old Tree" is very much alive and thriving as is Witchcraft. Witchcraft is at the core of Wicca but many prefer to ignore that, preferring the "smoke and mirrors".

I would suggest that you read backwards thro the postings in both Wicca and Paganism. Your question has been asked many time before and answered - you will get a wide variety of opinions.
Your path is there, waiting for you !