Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Absolutely. The music I write for myself (i.e. not for others) is the accumulated expression of my life here, all inclusive, subject to the limits of my technical skills. It's a lesson I learned from listening to Beethoven and Bruckner - their music is their spiritual, sensual autobiography. Music connects through the senses and emotions. It avoids words though the voice is sometimes an instrument where it definitely crosses into the realm of emotions. As we grow spiritually and artistically, so our expression reflects growing maturity.
I love that idea, of music as autobiography - I'll have to keep that in mind in future when I'm writing music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
(This is repeating myself but) a person I know recovering from a mental illness once said, about 95% of what's worth saying can't be put into words!
There speaks a very wise person Not that words don't have value, but sometimes just a look or a hug can say infinitely more than a thousand words.
Old 25-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Patterns affect in everyway of the mind/body, so if you cant break through the mind, then one can try the body. There is no order to how we work this process. So if you stuck in the pattern of mind, that might to stubborn to shift itself, you can work with the physical body and it will open it for you. This works, especially, if you do something that makes you push through and feel the pain. This can open feelings and memories being held deep in those pockets of tension you most definitely know you create and may well have some deeper stuff in place holding in and down. That foundation of your body can actually create a feeding ground in body. :)

In this moment you can decide anything you want for change.
Good advice, and it's what I tend to do - my mind's always been pretty chaotic, so I find it more useful to switch my attention to the physical. It does yield results, too, and I feel my energy is gradually freeing up and those pesky pockets of stubborn tension are dissipating. It can feel like slow going at times and I get impatient, but I try to remind myself that it's a marathon and not a sprint
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
You have to let go of your head and the thoughts that tell you things when in social situations or "it should be" "it needs to be" You immediately block your true self being at ease as you. When you just sit and stay present with the external and yourself, with your mind still, you can naturally deepen and practise how to be more at ease..Baby steps, leading to bigger steps and breakthroughs.
Very true
Old 25-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Suspended
Ascender

I think there is no reason to over-evaluate selfexpression as there is no reason to block it if it does not violate the law or harm others.
Such conflicts may be caused by competing ideals, lack of self-confidence and/or inappropriate social environment.