Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 02-02-2011, 06:27 PM
lanbee

anti depressants

I didn't know where to post this so maybe someone will read it here. About 8 years ago I was put requested to be put on an anti depressant. I was having problems with honesty in my marriage that I seemed to not be handling very well. After the medication kicked in I started noticing some nearly hallucinagenic episodes in my life. It wasn't constant but it was there. I started thinking about numbers and just about every thing seemed to be connected to everything else. (which seems to be true I've learned). Life kind of slapped me in the face. I started realizing how selfish people could really be and even started noticing at what a young age our children were taught to "stand out in the crowd" or moms practically forcing their children to be in the IT crowd. It just kind of floored me all at once. (My daughter was in 2nd grade). It was like HEY wake up! Look at what's around you! I don't know if this was some kind of forced awakening or what. I tried to tell people what I was experiencing but, nothing made sense to anyone but myself. I was on the verge of "crazy". Needless to say, I went back to the doc. to let him know that the medication had sent me over the edge. Of course he pulls out his prescription pad and asks if i want something else. I said no. My point is, has anyone been through something like this before? It was almost like when people purposely take some kind of drug to produce an enlightened state. I just didn't realize what was happening to me. It did begin my quest to enlighten myself...drug free.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Master
I'm amazed at you for realizing what was going on with the anti-d and all. And proud of you that you told your doc what it was doing to you and that you didn't want a replacement rx. Good on you!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 PM
lanbee

I'm glad too. I know the post was kind of vague (it was so long ago). I just know the experience landed me in a much better state. I started reading and studying on my own and actually found some truth behind the things I was "seeing". So it wasn't ALL just the meds. The whole process has made me stronger. A different marital situation just arose that could have taken me down again. It's like I can't "go there" even if I wanted to.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:06 PM
StoneAgeQueen

Good for you. :)

The first thing I'd recommend for anyone who suffers from depression is to start supplementing Vitamin D3 and Omega 3, at least 6,000 mg each a day.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 PM
lanbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen
Good for you. :)

The first thing I'd recommend for anyone who suffers from depression is to start supplementing Vitamin D3 and Omega 3, at least 6,000 mg each a day.
I wish I could show you the list of "natural" things I stared consuming after I came off the med. I think I was trying to reach the same "feeling" and I wanted to still receive my "connecting" information. Just not as dramatically as I was while taking the other. It must have been a rare event.