Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 23-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Seeing aura colours while half asleep

Has this happened to anyone else? While lying in bed half asleep and on the verge of dropping off again, my mind's eye was suddenly flooded with a pure, vivid green. I woke up properly because seeing it was so astonishing. Some time after that, I almost fell asleep again and I saw the colour red. Again very vivid and it flooded my mind's eye.

I've never experienced this before but it was very nice. I wonder if some sort of healing was taking place.
Old 23-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Master
Sounds like it's your pineal gland/third eye activation. Someone mentioned it in the AP section some time ago. Green-for healing, red-for protection?

Occassionally, I will see swirling, vivid colors when my eyes are closed. It happened once before I went into AP.
Old 24-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Serenity Bear

We become more receptive to spirit and energies so we can pick them up more easily.

Colour has two thoughts connected to it, that we all have different meanings to each colour and the second being that all colours mean the same thing.

Depending on what area your thinking of (there re 7 areas) the colours can mean different things but the basics are:

Green = healing, health, heart chakra, being in the green money wise etc.
Red = passion, anger, the base chakra, being in debt and so on.

I've never heard of red being a protection, each to his own, usually it is black or mirroring etc.
Old 24-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for your help Berry and Serenity Bear.

Yes sounds like it was a third eye activation and picking up on energies. It was really lovely, especially the green - it was the most vivid green I've ever seen. Not sure what the red symbolises but I'm inclined to agree with you Serenity Bear about passion, anger etc. It could also perhaps mean the past/root/grounding? Ah maybe that's what you mean about protection Berry? I think the root chakra is connected with the Earth so that would be grounding.

Whatever the colours mean, it was nice.
Old 24-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Master
Green and red colors have been to me colors of healing and protection before I learned about aura colors and their perspective meanings. People of different lands throughout history have used red as a protective color. Red also has negative connotations. It's up to the person who has experienced those colors to decipher what they mean. I still don't know what the colors mean that swirl in my mind. Also, in the Asian culture, flashes of red can mean good luck and fortune.

Red color symbolism:

http://www.webexhibits.org/pigments/intro/reds2.html

Red color used in psychic protection"

http://www.manannan.net/occult/protection-basic.html