Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 21-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Administrator
New Pendulum - Bloodstone

Hello

I have not had a pendulum since I was a teenager. ( lol almost 50 )

I was in England recently thinking I would find what called to me there but no such luck. Today I stopped into a friends store and she had "just" the one I was looking for. I wanted Bloodstone ( that is not the issue ) but I so did not want it in silver chain. I wanted the ball style with the pointed bottom.

Well I picked it up today and it was the right one for me. I have been using it already and its giving the right information.

Here is what I know about Bloodstone

Bloodstone -

Bloodstone, green jasper dotted with bright red spots of iron oxide, was treasured in ancient times and long served as the birthstone for March.
Medieval Christians often used bloodstone to carve scenes of the crucifixion and martyrs, leading it to also be dubbed martyr's stone. The legend of the origin of bloodstone says that it was first formed when some drops of Christ's blood fell and stained some jasper at the foot of the cross.

The Greeks and Romans wore bloodstone to gain endurance during athletic endeavors and to secure favor of those in power to bring renown to them. Gnostics believed that this stone prolonged life and brought untold wealth.

Bloodstone (also called Heliotrope- which is from two Greek words: Helios, the Sun and tropos, to turn) is a variety of chalcedony, used generally for carvings such as amulets and cameos. The dark green of bloodstone is spotted red due to the presence of iron oxides. These spots appear to resemble blood, hence the name bloodstone.

Mystical Properties:
Bloodstone is said to have the power to predict future event. Its power may be enhanced by placing it in water and putting that water into direct sunlight. Bloodstone is said to help one with calming, in stressful or even survival situation.

Healing Properties:
Bloodstone helps with cleansing of the blood and any organ related/connected with the blood. It can detoxify the body in general. It is an excellent stone for healing which initiates renewal on most all level. Bloodstone works in overcoming depression and emotionally caused pain.
Magical Properties:

Energy: Protective
Element: Fire

Powers: Halting bleeding, healing, courage, wealth, strength, victory, power, business, legal matters, invisibility, agriculture.

Bloodstone has been used in magic for at least three thousand years. In ancient Babylon, the stone was carried to overcome enemies and in ancient Egypt used to open doors, break bonds and even cause stone walls to fall. It's most famous use it to halt bleeding. It was frequently carried by soldiers as magical first aid. Today it is still worn to keep the blood healthy and to assist in curing blood related diseases.

For protections it helps you gain control over negative spirits and to cast spells.

Chakra Classification:
Bloodstone is said to link the 1st, or Root/Base Chakra and the 4th, or Heart Chakra, in turn stimulating kundalini energy, please use with caution.

Lynn
Old 21-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Dreaming-for-Tomorrow

Wow, that sounds so interesting. I don't think I've heard of bloodstone, but I've love to find a piece one day. As a pendulum, I'm sure that would be pretty powerful.
Old 19-02-2014, 08:44 PM
DelediaDanae

Hmm I bought one since I had a dream where I was using a bloodstone pendulum. I had only an amethyst one (that I love). I bought the bloodstone one to be a secondary one and it hasn't "gotten" me yet... I am trying my best to bond with it!
Old 19-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Master

My mother's signet ring is bloodstone, I have a cast for my father's signet ring so I'm planning on getting my dad's cast with the bloodstone, as a way of keeping them together - in my life.

It's a powerful stone.
Old 19-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Administrator
Hello

The stone is very strong. I finally surrendered it to a friend and he got it to activate. I do not use it much. What I have noticed is that the more its used the better the reds are coming out in the stone. Its had a major transformation in appearance. Too it came in a velvet bag but it does not seem to react well to being confined. I found that the energy is way nicer if its just laying loose. I take it from the bag it takes forever to warm up so to speak.

Lynn
Old 20-02-2014, 07:16 PM
DelediaDanae

Should I not give up on it then? Should I continue to try to work with it and carry it around? How long did you carry yours before it started to work for you?
Old 20-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelediaDanae
Should I not give up on it then? Should I continue to try to work with it and carry it around? How long did you carry yours before it started to work for you?

Hello

I would not give up on it if it calls to ye on some levels and it feels like it does. I tried sleeping with mine by the bedside but I felt the energy too strong. Its been laying open in the day and night light now in a friends bedroom and its a lot nicer to work with. I actually just used it to find some missing money and it worked wonders.

Give it a couple of weeks and see where it takes one. Patients among all things is a blessing when they come to work for us.

lynn