Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 25-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Unintentional False Awakening

Last night I had a dream where my friend and I were driving by a beach that is on the way to the university I go to. She was driving. We took a wrong turn and ended up flying off this little cliff at the bottom of a short but steep hill. The cliff blocked by one measly sign. While the car was flying through the air we were freaking out screaming at each other over whose fault it was. We were up in the air for a cartoonish amount of time. I remember panicking trying to come up with a plan to get out of the car once it was in the water. As soon as the car hit the water I woke up. Except I didn't.

At first I was shook by but not scared of the dream about a near death experience. Those happen. But then the silence of my dark bedroom in the middle of the night increased to the point of being deafening. It was brief, but freaked me out. I sprung out of bed to run downstairs to my parents bedroom, planning to snuggle with them like I would have when I was a child after having a nightmare. However, I got stuck in my bedroom door, like something would't let it open all the way. I finally got out and ran down the stairs through the kitchen to my parents bedroom, but then a country song that I cannot recall started playing on every radio and computer in the house. My little brother and I struggled to turn them off, worried our parents would be mad about being woken up. But when I finally reached my parents bedroom they were wide awake and joking with my, and that must have been odd enough to wake me up for real!

I've never had a dream withing a dream before, and from the tried research I did it wasn't a typical example of a false awakening. Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks for reading!
Old 25-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Master
there was a John Denver tune that would start up in Final Destination (2000).
here's a different song of his:
John Denver ~ Take Me Home, Country Roads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTeUdJky9rY

those movies had strange dreams of death, and sudden awakenings from the dreams.
it's seeming that some of the plotline has worked it's way into your dream.

there's a 'hopeful' quality to the dream, where certain death is avoidable, and worries
of incurring wrath become a thing to laugh over.
Old 25-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Suspended
Quote:
But then the silence of my dark bedroom in the middle of the night increased to the point of being deafening.......

....then a country song that I cannot recall started playing on every radio and computer in the house. My little brother and I struggled to turn them off, worried our parents would be mad about being woken up.

This seems to be the point of the dream: Silence vs Unbearable/Unacceptable Noise.

I'm thinking that the dream is a warning to tell you to always keep the computer & tv noise within your own room & not spread it to the entire house. Or to tell you to just play country music or something homely so that your parents know you are alright when you are in your room alone for hours on the pc
Honkey Tonk Man