Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 26-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Tara_Joy

Good Morning from the Pacific Northwest

Good morning! I was very excited to find this forum yesterday and peruse all the wonderful posts, but even more excited this morning when I saw an email saying my account had been validated so I can come in and introduce myself instead of creepily stalking.

A little bit about myself; I am a 29 year old female, I live in the Pacific Northwest of the United States (as you may have guessed). I am a classically trained singer and have taught music privately, but I also have the obligatory office job. However, I am going to school to be a teacher full time. I also enjoy exercise and compete in Triathlons, cycling events, etc. I am a vegan and also attempting to do as much of a 'raw food' diet as possible since I believe that certain foods 'block' me from a clear head, the spiritual realm, and just feeling good.

As far as my spiritual beliefs go, I am not sure that I fit into any religion, but I will be the first to admit that I am not the most well educated person when it comes to diverse religions. Which, may not be a bad thing in my opinion. I was raised as a Christian (denomination Baptist) so I understand that religion fairly well. In my early 20s I lost my faith in that religion (at least the institution of it) and decided I was a Deist. Haha, looking back on making that 'decision' it makes me chuckle, because it was just another way of me trying to control the world around me. I had a wake up call one day when I was running through a list of reasons why there WASN'T a god, and I literally heard a voice say, "Do you really think you know everything?" That got me pretty good.

Since then my ultimate goal has been to trust and surrender myself to the universe and true spiritual world. I discovered Chakras through one of my students who, for my birthday, gave me a meditation session while listening to some chakra tuning music. I was amazed by the very real feelings I had coming from my chakras.

I believe that all things are interconnected, and when meditating I envision this connection like a green thread coming from my body (primarily heart chakra) that connects to the rest of the world's/universe's network.

I believe all beliefs have validity, because in fact they are believed. I may not believe that all of them have merrit, but I am not wise enough to always decide what is right and wrong.

And so, after what I feel like was a long winded and a bit self indulgent introduction, I am hear to learn; through questions, reading, exploration, and sometimes blunder.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read, and I will see you around!
Old 26-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Master

Welcome to the forum, dear Tara.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com