Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 19-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Kaiteekins

Talking Should I start?

I'm thinking if starting yoga, what are some of the befits of yoga...?
Old 20-06-2014, 01:00 AM
Knower
There are many forms of yoga which may have varying goals depending on how you look at them. What exactly would you want to get out of yoga? What do you envision as the benefits of yoga? Answering these questions might help to suggest what style of yoga may best suit your needs. :)
Old 20-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Master

The Amazing Things That Happened When I Started Yoga At 85
Old 21-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Lorelyen

There's plenty of material on the web and among class tutors. Why make people type here?!

The word means "union". Is that enough?

Old 27-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Guide
There are unlimited benefits from yoga so I will just explain the benefits I experienced.

I always had bad upper body posture. Yoga stretches and poses strengthen and lengthen the body and core allowing you to improve your posture. As your posture gets better, you will realize that you feel better because you are opening up and creating more energy flow.

I used to have trouble sleeping due to reslessness. Breathing and stretching in yoga are very realaxing and allow for better sleep.

It improved my muscle tone. My muscles, including my core, are more defined.

It gave me strength with gracefullness. My movements are more easy, as if floating. When in play sports, I am more aware of my movements and I move with more power.

I can now sit Indian style. Before yoga, my muscles or stiff and my degree of body movement was limited.

Stress relief. I am very vulnerable to stress. Stress can cause shortness of breath and tenseness. Yoga will helps to reset yourself to a more wholistic state.