Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 25-03-2011, 03:20 PM
grazier

Angel1 What do you know of the properties and qualities of Angels?

What do you know about the properties and qualities of the Angels and what they stand for?

Here is just a couple as I understand them.

Michael is the Protector with his Sword of Flame.
Gabriel is the Messenger.
Metatron is the oldest Angel - the first born, the sum of all of the Angels.
Uriel is the four of the elements.
Raphael is the healer with his Golden Robe of Healing.

The four Archangels who guard the gate are the Angels of the four elements, the Four Breaths.

Gabriel is at the North with his trumpet (clarion), Uriel is at the East with his golden chalice (bowl), Zadkiel is at the South with his harp and Michael is at the West with his Flaming Sword.

There are twelve major important Archangels and Angels headed by Metatron, the thirteenth and Firstborn (created). They never incarnate into a physical body and their sole purpose is to minister to all Beings, interpreting and teaching them to apply God's Word.

These are my own thoughts what are Yours? What do you know about the Angels?

Blessings

grazier
Old 25-03-2011, 04:02 PM
windwhistle

I guess it doesn't matter how you clarify the angels as long as that is your belief.

I connect strongly with the Greek four elements. And so calling Gabrielle as water and seeing him wash me clean with a big blue wave works for me. I think of Raphael as air and envision clouds and wind sweeping into the corners of my being and furrowing out any hidden negative energy stuck there. Michael is the fire angel and he burns away negativity with a pure bright warm light. Uriel grounds me like a tree with roots to the center of the earth and showers me with flowers.

This works for me and belief in it is all that matters as long as I hold the angels in a dignified pure loving exchange and always thank them afterward.

They don't seem to care what names I call them or what attributes they are given and combining them with elements makes them more connected to me...or I to them.

I think you have to meditate to find their names and personalities. I also have one named Aristophanes who I don't know very well but has been with me
forever.

I think it's better to experience them in your own personal way than reading someone elses ideas. That would be like copying someone's art work. It't really not yours, though it may be pretty.
Old 25-03-2011, 09:04 PM
themaster

My favorite as a late is "kuthami" Maybe, cause the channel I work with does her/him/it so well

Phrases from kuthami I have just grown to like.. "Be easy on yourself dear students"

Metatron seems technical a lot..

Michael dunno.. the healer of the group..

Angels are one consciousness in a way.. they work as one.. however they can show you different personalities/faces

There are some interesting exercises or intentions you can make before sleep that can wake your body up in big energy.. this happened once.. when I intentioned to ride 'Pegasus' and another time.. it had something to do with Gabriel and sleep.. (I can't remember what my teacher suggested we do with Gabriel.. but I woke up with energy all over my body and then it faded )
Old 26-03-2011, 03:12 PM
grazier

I meditated years ago to find my angels name and the first thing that entered my head was Gabriel. I thought that was a bit bumptious but went with it anyway. I have since had confirmation in many ways that he is my Guardian Angel. He is the Messenger and I pass on the Message to the best of my ability.

I love the angels and the way that they all work with us and mediate to us, helping us when we need it.

Have any of you read the book Angels in my Hair by Lorna Byrne. It is a lovely book.

There is a belief that Metatron felt sorry for Adam when he had to leave the Garden of Eden and gave him the Quabbalah.

Angels aren't at all like the Church would have us believe. They do not have wings, it is their aura that appears like wings. They are androgynous beings of bright light.

Blessings

grazier
Old 26-03-2011, 04:39 PM
lasciel

I'm going to take angels in my hair on holiday next week, Grazier. I usually go for the more non-fictional shelves, but I thought I'd give the grey matter a break.

I've always been very drawn to Michael myself, I have an extremely strong affinity with his qualities, maybe because I'm so over-protective.

Metatron is interesting, because although he's acknowledged as the highest of the angels his position as the first is unclear, and some believe that Enoch (from the book of Enoch) actually became Metatron.

Another interesting bit of info is that Uriel is sometimes regarded as the angel of death, and whilst Michael wages war in the light he does battle in shadow. That's an ongoing debate though, and I suppose we'll never really be sure unless we meet them personally :)

I'm sorry, I tend to ramble and spit out random info
Old 27-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by grazier
What do you know about the properties and qualities of the Angels and what they stand for?

Here is just a couple as I understand them.

Michael is the Protector with his Sword of Flame.
Gabriel is the Messenger.
Metatron is the oldest Angel - the first born, the sum of all of the Angels.
Uriel is the four of the elements.
Raphael is the healer with his Golden Robe of Healing.

First I would say, the angelic energy is the link between creation and manifestation, on a primary level.
At some point the angelic energy as well as the Fae energy start expressing itself. At this state you might perceive various forms, on the Fae side, what you call faeries, on the angelic side what you might see a winged expressing. Very little form. As all trough creation, everything evolves, everything develops, the same for the angelic energy as for the Fae, and all other consciousness. At some point the angelic energy develops to the point where it individualizes and becomes and entity, not unlike those entities who develop from and oversoul. It can choose to go through and incarnation cycle or not. Incarnation cycles are still the fastest way to evolve from one level to the next.
At the end of the development those entities, angelic or Fae, will join back into groups, large groups.
When we talk about Archangels we talk about one of this groups. With the exception of one, who is a single being. He is more "powerful" then all others together. When I say powerful, I mean with this, he,it can channel trough more prime "energy" (before it becomes energy) then all others.
And he/it is not angelic, he is Elohim. Lucifer.
He holds the dark in place on this planet. Michael (angelic) holds the prime of the light in place. All others hold variations of those two basic energies.
I see the light more as submission, and the dark as control.
(Just to clarify, that what could be called evil, I see as distortions of those two basic energies )
Rah nam
Old 27-03-2011, 03:11 PM
grazier

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasciel
I'm going to take angels in my hair on holiday next week, Grazier. I usually go for the more non-fictional shelves, but I thought I'd give the grey matter a break.

I've always been very drawn to Michael myself, I have an extremely strong affinity with his qualities, maybe because I'm so over-protective.

Metatron is interesting, because although he's acknowledged as the highest of the angels his position as the first is unclear, and some believe that Enoch (from the book of Enoch) actually became Metatron.

Another interesting bit of info is that Uriel is sometimes regarded as the angel of death, and whilst Michael wages war in the light he does battle in shadow. That's an ongoing debate though, and I suppose we'll never really be sure unless we meet them personally :)

I'm sorry, I tend to ramble and spit out random info

Hi Iasciel,

I am sure that you will enjoy the book, it is a very touching story.

Thank you for the info on the angels. It is such a wide subject that there are many different thoughts on it. It all goes to widen our own perceptions and thoughts. It gives us more to think about and look at.

Blessings

grazier
Old 27-03-2011, 03:14 PM
grazier

Hello Rah nam,

Interesting that you should say about the Elohim.

Angels are part of the Elohim. The EL actually stands for Elohim, denoting that they received their names from them.

Blessings

grazier
Old 27-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Summerland

Hello Friend Grazier. Oddly enough I just replied to a post about the difference between guides and angels. I don't have the clarity that you have about angels and archangels and never particularly call on one over the other. I simply ask the Goddess to send one of Her archangels to protect me during my shift at work and can feel the power of it walking beside AND around me.
But a name that always seems to bounce around in my head is "Mekael" Have you ever heard of that name or is it just a different way of saying "Michael"?
Old 27-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Master
Oh I am loving this thread and thankyou for bringing this up I'm loving your guys' responses lately I've been feeling so close to the angels.
Spiritlite.