Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Forum Issues/Glitches/Bugs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13691)

innerlight 03-04-2011 09:49 PM

Forum Issues/Glitches/Bugs

Hi Folks,

This will be a thread where you can report any issue you are having with the forum to staff. This will allow us to try and resolve the issue as best as we can. Baring it has a resolution.

Please speak up about anything you notice. If you don't tell us we don't have a way to fix it.

Sf Staff

Gracey 08-04-2011 07:06 PM

when i log in, i can only go the HOME to see anything, my posts, new posts just are not there.

Neville 08-04-2011 07:10 PM

Did you upgrade to Internet Explorer 9 Gracey ?

I only ask because it sounds like what both I and innerlight experience when using that browser.

Gracey 08-04-2011 07:12 PM

yes i did and notice the problem right afterwards...guess i will go back to 8, thanks Neville.

Lazarus72 10-04-2011 04:05 PM

Hi guys,

Normally when I punch 'New Posts' then 'Previous Day' the threads will be listed starting with the one with the most recent post at the top of the page and then descending in time order as you go down the page.

For some reason the times are currently a bit all over the place, as if it's not updating properly, e.g. The top one is 3.18pm the 5 down it's 4.52pm.

Is this just a temporary glitch or do I need to do something??

innerlight 10-04-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus72
Hi guys,

Normally when I punch 'New Posts' then 'Previous Day' the threads will be listed starting with the one with the most recent post at the top of the page and then descending in time order as you go down the page.

For some reason the times are currently a bit all over the place, as if it's not updating properly, e.g. The top one is 3.18pm the 5 down it's 4.52pm.

Is this just a temporary glitch or do I need to do something??

Are you using Internet Explorer 9?

Lazarus72 10-04-2011 04:20 PM

Yes, I just updated.

I wondered why the font seemed to have changed but didn't make the connection.

btw, now when I do the procedure I'm just getting 'sorry no matches'.

Lazarus72 10-04-2011 04:22 PM

Seems to be ok when I do 'previous week'.

innerlight 10-04-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus72
Yes, I just updated.

I wondered why the font seemed to have changed but didn't make the connection.

btw, now when I do the procedure I'm just getting 'sorry no matches'.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=13628

Lazarus72 10-04-2011 04:53 PM

Thanks for the link innerlight which i've read through.

I seem to be experiencing the same problems, but as I say if I update using 'previous week' instead of 'previous day' the display is ok. I don't use much pm's so rather than change browser's I'll operate like this and hope as Neville says that a patch comes through shortly.

Thanks again.

Gracey 10-04-2011 06:24 PM

i stuck with ie 9 and i am not having problems anymore.

Gracey 13-04-2011 01:01 AM

firefox 4 is what helped me to still use IE9 and this forum. it speeds things up.

innerlight 13-04-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey
firefox 4 is what helped me to still use IE9 and this forum. it speeds things up.

i'm a little confused as you saying firefox is the reason you use IE9?

I will say I'm not too impressed with Firefox myself. It has been nothing but buggy, and has crashed numerous times and needed to restart. Whoever said it was a reliable browser had no idea what they were talking about.

Gracey 13-04-2011 01:14 AM

huh, guess i will find out. i was confuse too, i am terrible with computer stuff. one day i could use the forum with IE9 and could not on other days. so i tried this firefox that was recommended. did not realize that i would no longer use IE9, tad embarrassed. anyways, :)

innerlight 13-04-2011 02:22 AM

Gotcha... You can always do what I do and use both browsers. If this is the only forum that one has a problem with that could use Firefox for this, and IE9 for the rest. The one thing I do like about Firefox is that it has a built in spell checker that works right in the post.

ZeroPointField 13-04-2011 02:50 AM

Chat Room

There seems to be some issues with the chat room. More and more often, it will not let me in at all, giving me the message about members needing 10 posts, etc. I have to delete my cookies and cache to get in usually.

It sometimes kicks me out also. I'm not the only one, as several other people have said the same thing and I've talked to a number of people who have had other tech problems with the chat room.

innerlight 13-04-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroPointField
There seems to be some issues with the chat room. More and more often, it will not let me in at all, giving me the message about members needing 10 posts, etc. I have to delete my cookies and cache to get in usually.

It sometimes kicks me out also. I'm not the only one, as several other people have said the same thing and I've talked to a number of people who have had other tech problems with the chat room.

What browser are you using?

ZeroPointField 13-04-2011 03:25 AM

An up to date version of firefox

innerlight 13-04-2011 03:26 AM

Are you logged into the forum before going into chat? If not that may explain the needing 10 posts to get into chat.

yinepu 17-04-2011 12:09 PM

!!!

Hi , I am unable to access any new posts, initially this morning i could access only last weeks posts in the New Posts shortcut, then it would only allow me to access last month and now it says no new posts .... even from last month!!

I had updated to internet explorer 9 amd have now done a system restore, this still has not helped me.. Even in the shortcut Todays Posts i am getting the same thing "nothing found, try different search topics ????? Im just using the links thats it .

I also can see the posts are not in order of time when i was able to access last months posts, can you help ?

sound 17-04-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinepu
Hi , I am unable to access any new posts, initially this morning i could access only last weeks posts in the New Posts shortcut, then it would only allow me to access last month and now it says no new posts .... even from last month!!

I had updated to internet explorer 9 amd have now done a system restore, this still has not helped me.. Even in the shortcut Todays Posts i am getting the same thing "nothing found, try different search topics ????? Im just using the links thats it .

I also can see the posts are not in order of time when i was able to access last months posts, can you help ?

Hi Yinepu
I think you may have a browser problem and not so much a forum problem. if you are able to access the net try googling the prob and you may find a forum where they have discussed the same as what is occurring for you .. I will have a look for you too if you like

sound 17-04-2011 12:19 PM

Ok one suggestion I just found is to try another system restore date as the one you have tried may have an error .. let me know how you go ... i will keep looking

sound 17-04-2011 12:22 PM

ok this is also what i found ...

Ideally you would never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade! Instead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade & reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore.

sound 17-04-2011 12:27 PM

There are lots of people experiencing problems it seems ...
http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/...fter-download/

yinepu 17-04-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sound
ok this is also what i found ...

Ideally you would never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade! Instead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade & reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore.

Did system restore, i am back on internet 8 but cant find it in my programs :(

sound 17-04-2011 12:38 PM

What cant you find in your programs Yin?

Neville 17-04-2011 12:43 PM

IE9 continues to be a problem for displaying new posts. The only way I have found to rectify the problem so far is to clear the cache of cookies and index dat files using CC Cleaner to reset the boards. Alternatively I use Fire Fox to visit SF .

yinepu 17-04-2011 12:44 PM

Hallalujahhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks sound big hugs for you:hug: :hug2: :hug2: :hug: :hug3: :

Yeah i found my programs but couldnt access internet explorer from there , BUT i did find a programme that was added today that i wasnt aware of, it was a microsoft update thingo , i deleted thanks to you pointing me in right direction...... now im dancing woohoo got my forum , or computer back i should say thanks sound mwah !

DONT INSTALL EXPOLORER 9 sheesh

sound 17-04-2011 12:45 PM

Brilliant brilliant brilliant!!! xxxxxxxx

innerlight 17-04-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neville
IE9 continues to be a problem for displaying new posts. The only way I have found to rectify the problem so far is to clear the cache of cookies and index dat files using CC Cleaner to reset the boards. Alternatively I use Fire Fox to visit SF .

There was another thing that I saw and noticed in IE9 that helped and that was turning off protected mode. However, I do not recommend that as it could make your browser more vulnerable to intrusions. I think that is one of the differences between 8 and 9 in that 8 you had the option of using it, and 9 it's always on.

glpoisson 21-04-2011 08:38 AM

Innerlight,
What type of operation is the new post look up function. If I disable that option I may be able to 'fix' that issue in IE 9.

moke64916 14-06-2011 04:12 PM

Yesterday I couldn't see my posts, *quick links. It said *sorry, no matches found. Today it was fixed. I was able to go to my posts. Just 2 minutes ago, now it won't let me anymore administrator. There is a bug on the website or not enough donations to keep the site up and running. Once I see consistency with this websites functionality, then is when I make a donation. Please fix this flaw. Thank you.

innerlight 14-06-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moke64916
Yesterday I couldn't see my posts, *quick links. It said *sorry, no matches found. Today it was fixed. I was able to go to my posts. Just 2 minutes ago, now it won't let me anymore administrator. There is a bug on the website or not enough donations to keep the site up and running. Once I see consistency with this websites functionality, then is when I make a donation. Please fix this flaw. Thank you.

Before you easily say that it's a flaw of the forum and that we have not had enough donations to it. Can I ask if you are using IE9?

Kaere 14-06-2011 04:37 PM

Hang on - moke, I already addressed this for you in this thread - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=17454

You've got to do some troubleshooting yourself first before you start assuming it's a flaw on our end. Not very many of our members are having the issue you are.

moke64916 14-06-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerlight
Before you easily say that it's a flaw of the forum and that we have not had enough donations to it. Can I ask if you are using IE9?

What s IE9?

moke64916 14-06-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaere
Hang on - moke, I already addressed this for you in this thread - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=17454

You've got to do some troubleshooting yourself first before you start assuming it's a flaw on our end. Not very many of our members are having the issue you are.

I apologize for judgement on my part.

moke64916 14-06-2011 05:42 PM

Now it's working again.

Kaere 14-06-2011 05:54 PM

Woohoo!! That's great news :D

innerlight 14-06-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moke64916
What s IE9?

Internet Explorer 9.... It's a web browser.

moke64916 14-06-2011 08:45 PM

No. Safari. Most up to date version. On the newest Mac OSX and iPAD with the fastest internet service available.