Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 02-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Neville

Windows 7 service pack 1 compatability issues.

Since installing service pack 1 and the all new Internet Explorer 9 yesterday I have encountered a few problems. For example;

There have apparently been no new posts for the last day. amongst others revolving around a general delay or absense in all kinds of refreshing and updating pages.

I just thought I'd let you folks know in case you were tempted to update.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Master
Someone else had this issue the other day - I had no advice at all. If you find a solution, please post it :)

Old 02-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Shim

I had to make changes to my website to accommodate internet explorer 9. Having only been on the market now for a few weeks people are still scrambling to update their sites (IE 9 is not being considered mainstream for those that will fall behind the times). Internet explorer 9 is probably the best browser out there on the market, but like most internet explorer releases they are not backwards compatible with prior releases.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Since installing service pack 1 and the all new Internet Explorer 9 yesterday I have encountered a few problems. For example;

There have apparently been no new posts for the last day. amongst others revolving around a general delay or absense in all kinds of refreshing and updating pages.

I just thought I'd let you folks know in case you were tempted to update.

If you update your Internet Explorer it could be possible that it cleaned out your cookies, and cache, and reset itself to anything new since you last visited. I would imagine that new posts for an individual are based upon cookies that your computer sets to the last time you visited and signed in. Resetting that cookie system may clear out your last time visiting.

I think the same thing would also happen if you were to go from Internet Explorer to say Firefox.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
I had to make changes to my website to accommodate internet explorer 9. Having only been on the market now for a few weeks people are still scrambling to update their sites (IE 9 is not being considered mainstream for those that will fall behind the times). Internet explorer 9 is probably the best browser out there on the market, but like most internet explorer releases they are not backwards compatible with prior releases.

It could also be as simple as that. The plugin is not supported by the new version of internet explorer and is causing issues with working properly. Downside to that would be then that a new plugin would have to be installed that is compatible.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Master
I got a new PC, 64-bit, Windows 7. Tried to download Firefox 4 - no no ! Tried to load IE 9 - no no ! Had to resort to System Recovery. Adobe cant do 64-bit. The list just goes on. I now have to use IE 32-bit.
One thing about the Windows 7 - in two months I have had over 80 updates - that should be a warning !

Look on the geeky-nerd forums - loads of complaints !
Old 02-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Shim

I haven't had any issues, and I mostly use Google Chrome. I only have other browsers installed for site testing. Google Chrome hasn't been an issue on a 64 bit Windows 7 computer. So I recommend the browser...
Old 02-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
I haven't had any issues, and I mostly use Google Chrome. I only have other browsers installed for site testing. Google Chrome hasn't been an issue on a 64 bit Windows 7 computer. So I recommend the browser...

There was actually someone on here that had a problem with the forum displaying properly with Chrome. It would only display half the forum. So be cautious if you do use it.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I got a new PC, 64-bit, Windows 7. Tried to download Firefox 4 - no no ! Tried to load IE 9 - no no ! Had to resort to System Recovery. Adobe cant do 64-bit. The list just goes on. I now have to use IE 32-bit.
One thing about the Windows 7 - in two months I have had over 80 updates - that should be a warning !

Look on the geeky-nerd forums - loads of complaints !

That is a problem any forum, website, or computer will have. Capatability issues. 64-bit is not used much, and 32 is used. Some places use flash and flash is not supported by Mac.

So no matter what computer you use you have a chance that some place you visit may have a problem.

I had IE and firefox at one time. I had to switch back and forth as some pages would not work in IE, and some would not work in firefox.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Master
Heard some good stuff about Opera. My PC is loaded with both IE 32 and 64 - that should have warned me !