PDA

View Full Version : On the fence, just don't know what to believe

captain kirk
20-11-2010, 04:50 AM
I do get a sense of the presense of Jesus and that he may want to be a part of my life. But I seriously question the Christian story and the Bible and I even try to believe it. I know Jesus did exist so just because I feel his presence doesn't necessarily mean that he wants me to be a Christian. I think he is a symbol for many things, such as undying love, strength, forgiveness etc. He exists in other religions and wasn't ressurected in their versions. I feel that to be honest is to say "I don't know" that much about, Jesus, God, the after-life etc. Isn't life sort of a big experiment and we are supposed to learn from our experiences? I could also see how we could use a guide and some comfort in a solid belief system as well. I am lacking this solid belief system and sometimes I seek it out, but always find myself doubting what I read or hear from ministers. Am I not meant to be a part of religion? I was raised in the Lutheran Church and returned to many Christian churches later, but still I am not a true Christian.

Animus27
20-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Maybe Christian mysticism is for you? Or just your own brand of Christianity?

Geometry
20-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Your intuition is telling you something. Do not just blindly accept what others project of their opinion of Jesus to you. Think and make up your own mind.
Too many people blindly accept the standard speel given to them and are a victim
of mind-sloth and therefore fall to lies and disinformation.

Research everything you can about Jesus. By the way calling him Jesus was Paul of Tarsus idea.
Other names Jesus has been called are Immanuel (Some spell it as Emmanuel or Jmmanuel),
Esu Immanuel, Saint Issa (Isa), Sananda. I have basically researched every lost gospel and
lead I could get a hold of.

Of course one needs to use discernment. I ran with my intuition and the end result for me was I now see the core message Jesus was trying to get across so much clearer. I see the teaching as love your neighbour. How Jesus focused on service to others. I view Jesus more as a brother. Many fundamentalist Christians have unfortunately placed Jesus on a pedestal as an idol. Rather than seeing him as a wayshower.

John 14:12
Truly, Truly, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do he shall do also; and greater works than these shall he do; Because I go unto my father.

If you were to paraphrase this it would be
Anything I can do, You can do and more.

Jesus also taught that the father and I are one. You too can become one with God.
To do otherwise would be to live in spiritual poverty.

peteyzen
20-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Great advice above from animus and geometry, this is a christian thread so I wont put my beliefs forward, But I do believe Jesus was divine and as such, I believe that he is shwowing you a way. This may not be the classical christian church based path for you. For many that is the right way for them, but i think animus may be headign down the right path for you in suggesting christian mysticism.
feel free to pm me if you want to chat about options
God bless

CuriousSnowflake
20-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Research everything you can about Jesus. By the way calling him Jesus was Paul of Tarsus idea.
Other names Jesus has been called are Immanuel (Some spell it as Emmanuel or Jmmanuel),
Esu Immanuel, Saint Issa (Isa), Sananda. I have basically researched every lost gospel and
lead I could get a hold of.

Actually, Paul was the first one to call him the Christ. Christ comes from the Greek kristos, meaning Anointed One, the same meaning as the Hebrew word messhia, or Messiah in English. Jesus is just a horrible mangling of of his Hebrew name, Yeshua or Yehoshua. The English Jesus came from the Spanish Jesus (hey-soos) which came from the Latin Jesu or Iesu (ee-eh-soo) which came from the Greek Ieshu (ee-eh-shoo), since Latin has no sh sound, which came from the Hebrew Yehoshua, meaning God is Salvation. A more direct translation of his name into English would be Joshua, so it would be far closer to call him Josh than to call him Jesus. :D

CS

Saint Seraphim
22-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Hello captain kirk,
What does your heart tell you? Or is it your mind that is confusing your heart as to your faith or lack off? "The intellect is a great ladder into the sky, but it stops short of the heavens. Only the hearts wisdom can light the way." The heart is where you will find your faith. Quiet your mind, sit quietly, and listen withn your heart. The heart is the seat of your Spirit, the mind is the seat of the ego. God is speaking to you always with Love. You just have to listen with your heart, that is where you will find what you seek. A major problem is the head, not the heart, now rules society and religion.
Much Love to you,
Saint Seraphim

GoldenBoy72
23-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Have you ever tried doing anything ChristLike ?

as in - helping out the homeless in some way

donating time

donating clothes money, food

it can really make the scriptures and the spirit come alive and flow through you.

Native spirit
23-11-2010, 01:21 PM
:smile: Hey Captain Kirk.

I am a spiritulist always have been , but you have to follow the path that feels right for you, what do your instincts tell you?, you question things and thats good but you can only follow what feels right for you at this given time, your attitude may change as you get older but that is for then, just follow what you believe.

Namaste

NightSpirit
23-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I do get a sense of the presense of Jesus and that he may want to be a part of my life. But I seriously question the Christian story and the Bible and I even try to believe it. I know Jesus did exist so just because I feel his presence doesn't necessarily mean that he wants me to be a Christian. I think he is a symbol for many things, such as undying love, strength, forgiveness etc. He exists in other religions and wasn't ressurected in their versions. I feel that to be honest is to say "I don't know" that much about, Jesus, God, the after-life etc. Isn't life sort of a big experiment and we are supposed to learn from our experiences? I could also see how we could use a guide and some comfort in a solid belief system as well. I am lacking this solid belief system and sometimes I seek it out, but always find myself doubting what I read or hear from ministers. Am I not meant to be a part of religion? I was raised in the Lutheran Church and returned to many Christian churches later, but still I am not a true Christian.

The awakening to your own sense of being....
It's not for anyone to suggest a 'right' path for you or a set of solid beliefs, because each of us are unique in our own beliefs...and what works for one, may not work for the other. There is no right or wrong path...there is only a path. How you choose that, is your own making. And might I also say, I trust you've already begun that process...its outcome will be determined by you alone. Just remember to enjoy the exploring. Cheers

whiteride
28-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Cats love to be on the fence. Those on either side of the fence bark at each other, and the cat laughs.

shaya48
28-11-2010, 12:32 PM

:smile: HI LOVE THE NAME EXPLORER OF THE UNIVERSE?

JUST TRUST THAT WE ARE ALL GUIDED AND SHOWN THE WAY TO OUR TRUE PATH AND PURPOSE HERE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT CONFUSES US NOW OR AT ANY TIME.

I WOULD JUST LET GO AND LET LIFE TAKE YOU AND THE PROCESS OF LIFE BRING YOU TO HOW YOU ARE MEANT TO BE FOR YOURSELF AS AN INDIVIDUAL HERE ON THIS EARTH PLANE, ITS FINE BEING OURSELVES AND HOW WE NEED TO BE FOR OURSELVES.

TRUST ALWAYS WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT FOR YOU AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THE REST IT DOESNT MATTER.

YOU GO THROUGH THE NECESSARY DOUBTS AND CONFUSION SO YOU WILL START TO TRUST WHAT YOU FEEL OVER WHAT DOESNT GEL OR FIT FOR YOU AND ITS PERFECTLY OKAY TO LIVE YOUR LIFE TO WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN AND HOW YOU NEED TO BE FOR YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES.

WE ARE HERE TO PLEASE OURSELVES NOT WHAT OTHERS BELIEVE WE SHOULD BE DOING OR BELIEVING IN, IT IS UP TO UP US HOW WE LIVE OUR LIVES HERE THROUGH OUR FREE WILL AND CHOICE. IF WE LIVE TO ANOTHERS EXPECTATIONS OF US THEN WE ARE NOT LIVING TO OUR TRUE SELVES OR LIVING THE LIFE WE ARE MEANT TO BE.

YOU WILL BE FINE YOU WILL SEE THAT FOR YOURSELF IN MANY DIFFERNET WAYS AND THROUGH THE EXPERIENCES YOU WILL HAVE ALONG YOUR JOURNEY HERE .

JUST ENJOY LIFE THE REST TAKES CARE OF ITSELF. LOVE AND LIGHT SHAYA:hug3: