PDA

View Full Version : If Your Twin Flame is Enlightened...

HealingLight77
22-04-2013, 05:40 PM
I have a question... what if you have met your twin flame in your current life and they are an enlightened soul who has overcome all karma, released all past lives and 'baggage' and spends all their time teaching enlightenment, healing, etc? Does that mean that you are destined to become enlightened in the current life too? And if they played the teacher role for you for a time, does that mean they are trying to help you realize full enlightenment? I just wonder what happens if one twin realizes full enlightenment in a lifetime and the other doesn't.

Does anyone know about these things?

mig
22-04-2013, 06:28 PM
well from what i know when twinflames incarnate at the same time(& meet physically) they tend to have a specific mission to complete... so to answer your question as to whether or not one twin becoming enlightened will cause the other to also become enlightened i would say yes... remember they are both sides of the same soul and are forever connected... if one steps their game up, the other one will have to also(but it might take some time though)... as for the teacher question, i would also say yes he/she is definitely trying to help u... hope this helps ;)

DulcePoetica
22-04-2013, 07:10 PM
This is a weird track of thinking I see a lot on these forums. I would not want to spend my life with a lover who thinks I need their help in order to be as enlightened as them. That sounds dreadfully UNenlightened.

Beware of people who tell you they are fully enlightened.

HealingLight77
22-04-2013, 07:26 PM
This is a weird track of thinking I see a lot on these forums. I would not want to spend my life with a lover who thinks I need their help in order to be as enlightened as them. That sounds dreadfully UNenlightened.

Beware of people who tell you they are fully enlightened.

Who said anything about being lovers with them or needing the other person to help them to enlightenment? I certainly didn't say anything about that in my post. :wink:

BeautifulLife
22-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Who said anything about being lovers with them or needing the other person to help them to enlightenment? I certainly didn't say anything about that in my post. :wink:

"And if they played the teacher role for you for a time"

Wouldn't that be implied by the above quote? Does a successful teacher not enlighten us in some form or another?

Bottom line is what you described sounds karmic and definitely not a mirrored connection since if one is enlightened in a tf pairing than the other would be as well.

HealingLight77
22-04-2013, 08:04 PM
"And if they played the teacher role for you for a time"

Wouldn't that be implied by the above quote? Does a successful teacher not enlighten us in some form or another?

Bottom line is what you described sounds karmic and definitely not a mirrored connection since if one is enlightened in a tf pairing than the other would be as well.

It's just funny because when I was typing up the post, I wasn't thinking about those things at all. I was more interested in finding out if anyone had heard of one TF being closer to realizing enlightenment than the other and what it would mean for the other.

I understand why others would interpret it that way, however.

I would love hearing more opinions on this now that we've established what I was really asking about in my post.

DulcePoetica
22-04-2013, 09:04 PM
It's just funny because when I was typing up the post, I wasn't thinking about those things at all.
Haha. That happens to me all the time.

If you're interested, you specifically asked if the teacher/healer was trying to help the other realize enlightenment, so that is probably where my misunderstanding happened.

As to your actual question then: I don't personally believe there is an end point to the spiritual path, so I don't think we get "closer to" a destination as we develop. Full enlightenment is a dangling carrot that gets further away the closer you get. There is only more awareness. And then more. And then of course more, even when you'd rather there not be.

As to what people call twin flames, your suggestion that one would be enlightened and the other not seems to go against the idea of a partnership of equals. As BeautifulLife said, the signature of a mirroring connection is kind of the "twin flame" hallmark. If the two are not the same on the inside, how does the term twin come into play in the first place?

Andromeda27
22-04-2013, 09:23 PM
TF's mirror each other, so if one is more enlightened than the other that wouldn't be a mirror. They tend to stay at about the same pace is what I have come to understand.

Lightworker42
22-04-2013, 09:39 PM
if one steps their game up, the other one will have to also(but it might take some time though)...

I feel this is my story. I am stepping my game up because he did. He has always come back after a brief separation. When he came back in Feb. he let me know on the sly that he was divorced. 2 years ago he spoke of his wife (who had left for another man) as "my wife" although she moved to another state with the man. In Feb during a conversation he said "my wife" followed by "well, my ex-wife now". Also, he let me know he was planning on moving, but will not say when. After that conversation, it gave me the strength to go ahead and file. To see him finally close that chapter gave me the courage to do the same. Plus, I will never know if he is meant to be mine if I don't free myself up because he will not be my "man on the side" just like I wouldn't be his "woman on the side".

Lightworker42
22-04-2013, 09:53 PM
TF's mirror each other, so if one is more enlightened than the other that wouldn't be a mirror. They tend to stay at about the same pace is what I have come to understand.

I think there may be some truth to this. I know that when twin and I separate and then reconnect, I can see his growth and I know I have grown as well. I think that during the separation we become more awakened.

For us, each time we come togehter, I beleive we think we can now handle the intensity only to find out that it increases. Then we part because more pain comes up for us to deal with and we separate.

However, we do learn from each other when we come together. So, I reckon we are both teaching each other.

Impulsv
22-04-2013, 10:31 PM
A tf can be a teacher by example does not need to be nagging lol it can give hints but would respect TF pace. Would know tf has his own lessons to learn at its own pace. In reality even the teacher learns from the student then u realize that perhaps they have taught u the biggest lesson of all. Both tf learn from each other maybe just different lessons

Like above I've always sen growth in him each time we reconnect.

John Elessar
22-04-2013, 11:37 PM
As to what people call twin flames, your suggestion that one would be enlightened and the other not seems to go against the idea of a partnership of equals. As BeautifulLife said, the signature of a mirroring connection is kind of the "twin flame" hallmark. If the two are not the same on the inside, how does the term twin come into play in the first place?

But each individual's life experiences are unique, right? Oh, they can mirror each other all right, but each carries a unique set of wounds from the specific events in their past and present lives. But the connection is still there despite all of that, and thus yes they can both have a sort of "rubber band" effect on each other which can help to bring both of them into balance on the ego level, I'd say.

In other words I don't think this "lockstep" thing that people talk about here is realistic at all-the mere existence and commonality of runners shows that that is the exception, not the norm. And I think they can be both teacher and pupil to each other at specific points in their journey (which I firmly believe is the case with us).

DulcePoetica
23-04-2013, 01:39 AM
But each individual's life experiences are unique, right? Oh, they can mirror each other all right, but each carries a unique set of wounds from the specific events in their past and present lives. But the connection is still there despite all of that, and thus yes they can both have a sort of "rubber band" effect on each other which can help to bring both of them into balance on the ego level, I'd say.

In other words I don't think this "lockstep" thing that people talk about here is realistic at all-the mere existence and commonality of runners shows that that is the exception, not the norm. And I think they can be both teacher and pupil to each other at specific points in their journey (which I firmly believe is the case with us).
Actually, I think your first paragraph very nicely describes how the two transform in tandem even while maybe experiencing life apart from each other. That is very much how I experience it too. That sounds like "same on the inside" to me.

The original post put forth the idea of one living a "fully enlightened" existence (whatever that is) while the other is a novice that requires teaching and catching up. To me, that describes an entirely different kind of relationship.