PDA

View Full Version : If we are all God.....

Honza
07-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Then surely that is the greatest gesture of Interfaith. If everyone is accepted as God and accepts themselves as God then we would have a one world religion, and a one world spirituality.

Ecthalion
07-01-2013, 08:26 AM
I long for the day that happens.

Miss Hepburn
07-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Then surely that is the greatest gesture of Interfaith. If everyone is accepted as God and accepts themselves as God then we would have a one world religion, and a one world spirituality.
I know you like discussion...why not edit this to add a question somewhere in there?

FlyHigh
07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
We are all one, just separated by individual consciousness

Honza
07-01-2013, 03:34 PM
I know you like discussion...why not edit this to add a question somewhere in there?

Thanks Miss H. How about "do you think it will ever happen, and if yes, how long will it take?" :blob3:

Quagmire
07-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Isn't the struggle of the world this here one thought, one way attitude? I find the beauty in diversity and think oneness should be about embracing diversity instead of turning everything into the same: religion.

Morpheus
07-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks Miss H. How about "do you think it will ever happen, and if yes, how long will it take?" :blob3:

But, that question involves "Time", which is related to, "Space", and which we are told is part of the, "illusion."

http://s9.postimage.org/d7xypfsov/aa_JBTime.png

RE: www.platonia.com (http://www.platonia.com)

Animus27
07-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't know about you, but I don't want to eat chicken every night.

Honza
08-01-2013, 12:39 AM
I don't know about you, but I don't want to eat chicken every night.

I don't think that a one world religion and/or spirituality has got anything to do with mediocrity and compromise. I think it has the potential for world peace and harmony; including all the differentiation.

Honza
08-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Isn't the struggle of the world this here one thought, one way attitude? I find the beauty in diversity and think oneness should be about embracing diversity instead of turning everything into the same: religion.

The world is incredibly diverse. People are different wherever you go on this planet. We don't need diverse religions to emphasise that. Something like a religious 'united nations' is what I envisage. Whereby all religion is under the canopy of One God/One People.

Quagmire
08-01-2013, 12:52 AM
The world is incredibly diverse. People are different wherever you go on this planet. We don't need diverse religions to emphasise that. Something like a religious 'united nations' is what I envisage. Whereby all religion is under the canopy of One God/One People.

One cannot paint a rainbow with just one color. So if the world is diverse then so becomes the individual painting (more or less). And if they are all god so will the image of god also be diverse. I think we should focus on embracing infinity instead of one.

psychoslice
08-01-2013, 01:19 AM
If we all realized that we are God, there would be no need for religion, the thing is there is only One God, so by saying "we", is actually not true, there is only One, no we.

Morpheus
08-01-2013, 01:51 AM
The goal is to get over yourself.

And if we were God, and this were the real world, there would be no departure from it.
Religion involves all of the above.

psychoslice
08-01-2013, 02:12 AM
I think its not just getting over yourself, but just simply being your SELF.

Juanita
08-01-2013, 02:59 AM

It will never happen--well maybe in a million years...Wars over religion have been fought since time immemorial.......and don't most religions believe in one God NOW......?

Absonite
08-01-2013, 07:02 AM
The pantheistic perspective really does not motivate me to live with love, joy, or peace - in the same way that proclaiming everything is energy also fails to inspire me.

Morpheus
08-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I think its not just getting over yourself, but just simply being your SELF.

psycho, when you say,"self", it is in need of elaboration.

The egoic and organic, in space/time?
Or..?

These people highlighted here are being, them-"selves"...no?
www.dreamindemon.com (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamindemon.com)

subtleobserver
10-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I don't think we are all God. For me God is so Perfect, that it is impossible for Him to take on form like us and make the kinds of mistakes that we make. I feel that we are all part of God's Creation. Creation radiates from God as a natural thing. Creation is the radiation of God. Within this radiation, certain elements crystalize and form spirit-seeds. We evolve from out of these spirit-seeds. The seeds have the potential to become perfect, but do not necessarily become perfect. In their perfection though, they will still stay within the radiation of God, which is Creation, but they cannot enter into God directly, since they bear nothing of God's Essence. This is not the same as saying we are all God, because I don't feel we are. It's like saying Hitler is God.

How about we say that we are all spirits that have condensed from out of the radiation of God in Creation and we have to attain to perfection together? Or just simply, we are all spirits in Creation who have to attain perfection with the help of one another?

Wishing Light and Love!

subtleobserver
10-01-2013, 06:10 PM
I don't think we are all God. For me God is so Perfect, that it is impossible for Him to take on form like us and make the kinds of mistakes that we make. I feel that we are all part of God's Creation. Creation radiates from God as a natural thing. Creation is the radiation of God. Within this radiation, certain elements crystalize and form spirit-seeds. We evolve from out of these spirit-seeds. The seeds have the potential to become perfect, but do not necessarily become perfect. In their perfection though, they will still stay within the radiation of God, which is Creation, but they cannot enter into God directly, since they bear nothing of God's Essence. This is not the same as saying we are all God, because I don't feel we are. It's like saying Hitler is God.

How about we say that we are all spirits that have condensed from out of the radiation of God in Creation and we have to attain to perfection together? Or just simply, we are all spirits in Creation who have to attain perfection with the help of one another?

Wishing Light and Love!

psychoslice
10-01-2013, 09:39 PM
psycho, when you say,"self", it is in need of elaboration.

The egoic and organic, in space/time?
Or..?

These people highlighted here are being, them-"selves"...no?
www.dreamindemon.com (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamindemon.com)
Hi Morpheus, I mean your true Inner Being, the true SELF, if we let this SELF do what it does, then we cannot go wrong.

Enlightener
11-01-2013, 03:18 AM
It's time that a few people admitted that religion has been the greatest limitation on human development since politics!

Religion, by it's very nature, it separatist. It must lead you on it's own path or else you would stop following it, and it must have guidelines which you have to submit to, or else you will not reach God.

Tolerance builds acceptance. Love builds Tolerance.

If we all accepted that we were different, rather than arguing over who is Best, we would surely come to know World Peace. It is up to each and every one of you, except Morpheus, to help guide the planet in this direction.

Remember, Love creates Tolerance, and Tolerance leads to Acceptance.

God bless

Rin
11-01-2013, 03:49 AM
None of us is God in any way which which makes sense. Not in a Christian, Islamic, Hindu or Buddhist way.

There can be no unity in an idea which is nonsensical to some and blasphemous to others.

IMO the is nothing more blasphemous than the idea that we have to be more than just truly human, I consider it to be a kind of madness.

psychoslice
11-01-2013, 03:51 AM
Beautifully said Enlightener.:hug3:

Juanita
13-01-2013, 06:22 AM
None of us is God in any way which which makes sense. Not in a Christian, Islamic, Hindu or Buddhist way.

There can be no unity in an idea which is nonsensical to some and blasphemous to others.

IMO the is nothing more blasphemous than the idea that we have to be more than just truly human, I consider it to be a kind of madness.

Consider me as mad as a hatter then, Rin......we "are" spiritual beings temporarily in a human body......we are eternal.......

Honza
13-01-2013, 12:17 PM
If one does not believe they are God then they probably will one day. The reality of the situation dawns on you. You can be religious and have faith, but eventually the God you believe in TURNS into your own self. I know, it happened to me. Reality is huge. You can get away with denying you are God for eons. But eventually reality ends up being you again, having gone full circle.

Ciqala
14-01-2013, 08:33 AM
If one does not believe they are God then they probably will one day. The reality of the situation dawns on you. You can be religious and have faith, but eventually the God you believe in TURNS into your own self. I know, it happened to me. Reality is huge. You can get away with denying you are God for eons. But eventually reality ends up being you again, having gone full circle.

Do you what the difference between Christ Consciousness and Cosmic Consciousness is?

Christ Consciousness is the belief that we are God, all knowing, all powerful beings. It has many downsides though. Egocentric humans, overconfidence, stubbornness to change and accept new teachings, and in the extreme is the reason for the many messiahs roaming earth right now (in psych wards).
Christ Consciousness teaches us that might only get us as far as being crucified in a world for being so blinded to what else is around us.

But Cosmic Consciousness has no downsides to it.
Cosmic Consciousness is the belief of BALANCE and ultimate UNITY that
everything is one and interconnected and that we are a part of God. NOT GOD, but a part of. We realize the humbling aspect the divinity of the entire universe and the other beings other than us, but we also realize our own innate power.
We are a part of everything, we are powerful, but we are also separate beings in physical bodies and this is accepted... not looked down on.

If you want to know my opinion, it's that if you go too long thinking you are some important Almighty god and that you put yourself on that pedestal of ego and insult your human side, you are only leading yourself IN a circle.

krishna
14-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Hello Honza,
Wish to agree completely with you.
Stop hurting each other and put a massive final stop to rape.
What a filthy disgusting evil practice.
Of course karma will be waiting,no crying as you get yours.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.

Miss Hepburn
14-01-2013, 06:28 PM
...but eventually the God you believe in TURNS into your own self. ....
You can get away with denying you are God for eons.
But eventually reality ends up being you again,
having gone full circle.
"...And when union is attained the Lover knows the he himself was all along the
Beloved whom he loved and desired union with.....and all..the obstacles...he
himself placed in the path to himself..."

~Meher Baba

Animus27
14-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I don't think that a one world religion and/or spirituality has got anything to do with mediocrity and compromise. I think it has the potential for world peace and harmony; including all the differentiation.
Ah, perhaps. But humanity is a thing of diversity. Our uniqueness of language, culture, and custom gives us a way to express ourselves. If a single world religion became top dog and every person was born and raised in it, there would still be other religions, since some folks would see the presence of a single religion as a bad thing... some people only feel purposeful when they strive against the masses.

The heroic tendency of humanity would ensure religion doesn't stay uniform.

Moses, Luther, Buddha, Muhammad.

Maybe I'm just a little cynical :D

Enlightener
16-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Do you what the difference between Christ Consciousness and Cosmic Consciousness is?

Christ Consciousness is the belief that we are God, all knowing, all powerful beings. It has many downsides though. Egocentric humans, overconfidence, stubbornness to change and accept new teachings, and in the extreme is the reason for the many messiahs roaming earth right now (in psych wards).
Christ Consciousness teaches us that might only get us as far as being crucified in a world for being so blinded to what else is around us.

But Cosmic Consciousness has no downsides to it.
Cosmic Consciousness is the belief of BALANCE and ultimate UNITY that
everything is one and interconnected and that we are a part of God. NOT GOD, but a part of. We realize the humbling aspect the divinity of the entire universe and the other beings other than us, but we also realize our own innate power.
We are a part of everything, we are powerful, but we are also separate beings in physical bodies and this is accepted... not looked down on.

If you want to know my opinion, it's that if you go too long thinking you are some important Almighty god and that you put yourself on that pedestal of ego and insult your human side, you are only leading yourself IN a circle.

And you are this?

Enlightener
16-01-2013, 08:22 AM
"...And when union is attained the Lover knows the he himself was all along the
Beloved whom he loved and desired union with.....and all..the obstacles...he
himself placed in the path to himself..."

~Meher Baba

Beautiful <3

WonderGarth
16-01-2013, 06:45 PM
THIS

Is Perfection

Is God

Is Freedom

Is Bondage

Is Heaven

Is Hell

An Image of How I Imagine I to BE in relation to I , as experienced outside of I

An Image of How God Imagines God to BE in relation ot God, as experienced as outside and seperate of God

Wholeness

THIS ...... right here ..... is what we all yearn and search for ..... THIS

I Am What I search for ..... like running and hiding from I Am ... and hiding so well, I "lose all sense" if but for a moment as a lifetime , I am but hiding from myself

The search for the sense of I ... the meaning .. the purpose .... keeps the whole game going for "a while". Yet sooner and later I tire and rest ... and die unto the game... and in dying .... I remember that it was I who set forth the entire game to begin :)

There is but Wholeness

Even the shadows of doubts that spur my longing for home . . . I am never away from home .... for shodows and doubts of wholeness are home also

THIS Now ... THIS Now .... THIS Now ..... every breath . . every stroke of the keyboard ... every drop or rain upon my roof .... THE roof, house,chair, furniture .. All of "it" .. is utter Wholeness of Creation .... of God .... of "All that IS"

THIS

You see... the great "Mystery" of Life .. of God .. . of All Imagination . . . is Hidden in Plain Sight ... in Plain Sense

Extraordinarily Ordinary

The Utter Simplicity of Be-ing ....Hidden Within as if from Without

THIS IS Wholeness

God

Morpheus
16-01-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm all for the understanding what our true present nature and origins are, as modern physics also attests to, and, regarding the angelic.

But look around, listen to the news.

If, "we are all one"... the need for salvation, as religion attests to, is apparent.

Those who deny this are disconnected in the unfortunate way and manner.

Morpheus
17-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Hi Morpheus, I mean your true Inner Being, the true SELF, if we let this SELF do what it does, then we cannot go wrong.

I would agree with that, psycho.
However... and as elaborated in in the Buddhist, "Religion", :cool:
with regard to the distractions of the world, and illusory "Maya"...we need to pray, and meditate in repose, as, "Religion", also encourages.

You should acknowledge that at times a disconnect is all too apparent, in both nature, as well as humanity.

www.newlifeparadigm.com/ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newlifeparadigm.co m%2F)

Amilius777
17-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Well if the world became this "one world spirituality" it would be no different than living in India.

That country isn't perfect and they believe they are all God. That is the general belief in Hinduism.

I think it will be just another way of the ego finding something new to live off of. It won't stop murders. It won't stop anything negative. People will just go around with a self-deluded perception of reality.

I don't think anything can claim to be God. I think that is perhaps the most egotistical thing a person could say. If God were an Ocean we would all be waves. We can not claim to be the Ocean, but we are a part of the Ocean. BUT the Ocean can claim to be us because the Ocean became us all.

Enlightener
17-01-2013, 08:01 AM
That's a good point, Amilius.

In order for the world to find peace, we must expand our definitions of God, and what it means to Be God.

If God is a tyrannical, murderous, wrathful, vengeful being, then we will exhibit those behaviors, as we have seen in the last 2,000 years in humanity.

If God is an all loving, all embracing, understanding and accepting being, then humanity, as a whole, will exhibit those behaviors.

Honza
17-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Well if the world became this "one world spirituality" it would be no different than living in India.

That country isn't perfect and they believe they are all God. That is the general belief in Hinduism.

I think it will be just another way of the ego finding something new to live off of. It won't stop murders. It won't stop anything negative. People will just go around with a self-deluded perception of reality.

I don't think anything can claim to be God. I think that is perhaps the most egotistical thing a person could say. If God were an Ocean we would all be waves. We can not claim to be the Ocean, but we are a part of the Ocean. BUT the Ocean can claim to be us because the Ocean became us all.

I agree that claiming to be God is the most egotistical thing we can say, but it also holds a grain of truth. Because we are forced to be responsible for ourselves, to look after ourselves and to make sure we survive. There is no God 'looking after' us, we have to do it ourselves. We are forced to be our own God by the fact that there is no other God around to take care of things.

Also it is apparent that if God is everything then that includes all of us. Each and every one of us is a part of God - now whether one says I am a 'part' of God or whether one says I am 'all' of God becomes purely academic because God is total and complete - the whole. Just by being a 'part' of God you are directly married to the 'whole'.

I say "I am God" but I mean that I am a part. The saying "I am God" is the most direct way of strengthening oneself. Of becoming.

Amilius777
18-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I understand everything you said. And I agree.

But with the incoming feminine energy of changing the planet's consciousness we need to retain the masculine energy of reason.

You see the Dark Ages or the past degenerate Age for the last 2,000 years was consumed in masculine energy of reason. There was no room for the feminine energy. We saw it slightly in adoration for Virgin Mary, worship of Kuan Yin, and others around the world. But we are passing into a more mental and feminine age which governed the world in the past.

In the past there were great civilizations that have become myths- Atlantis, Lemuria, Mu, Dwaraka, Kumari, and many more. They all existed in a very balanced consciousness. After the fall of all these great worlds came an imbalance of energy. At one time the feminine ruled and then eventually masculine is the most recent.

Why am I bringing this all up? What does it have to do with what we are saying? We have to realize why spirituality and reason need each other. I won't use the world "religion" because that means a whole other ****. We must realize that the essence of our Soul and the essence of God's Being are the same. This essence is a Consciousness and awareness. It is called so many different names like Christ-consciousness, Krishna-consciousness, etc whatever. The name doesn't matter. But the individual soul and the Individual God are two distinct entities. One exists on it's own, the other exists because the One exists. The Christians came up with the Trinity like the Hindus to make distinctions. The Trinity is all God. BUT the Father is first and the Source of the Trinity because the Source can exist on its own without souls.

That is why in this upcoming Age of energy we can not make the mistake of the last 2000 years. We need to accept this feminine power of emotion and combine it with reason. A lot of people want to just throw out reason and religion. But without form and reason there can be chaos.

Miss Hepburn
18-01-2013, 06:06 PM
WonderGarth....excellent....:smile:
You, too, Amilius777...!

Amilius777
18-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Thank you Miss Hepburn. :smile:

I haven't seen you in a while. I am glad to be back again lol

Enlightener
19-01-2013, 05:16 AM
I agree that claiming to be God is the most egotistical thing we can say, but it also holds a grain of truth. Because we are forced to be responsible for ourselves, to look after ourselves and to make sure we survive. There is no God 'looking after' us, we have to do it ourselves. We are forced to be our own God by the fact that there is no other God around to take care of things.

Also it is apparent that if God is everything then that includes all of us. Each and every one of us is a part of God - now whether one says I am a 'part' of God or whether one says I am 'all' of God becomes purely academic because God is total and complete - the whole. Just by being a 'part' of God you are directly married to the 'whole'.

I say "I am God" but I mean that I am a part. The saying "I am God" is the most direct way of strengthening oneself. Of becoming.

Yes

Enlightener
19-01-2013, 05:23 AM
I understand everything you said. And I agree.

But with the incoming feminine energy of changing the planet's consciousness we need to retain the masculine energy of reason.

Reason is nothing when you have strength.

You see the Dark Ages or the past degenerate Age for the last 2,000 years was consumed in masculine energy of reason. There was no room for the feminine energy. We saw it slightly in adoration for Virgin Mary, worship of Kuan Yin, and others around the world. But we are passing into a more mental and feminine age which governed the world in the past.

In the past there were great civilizations that have become myths- Atlantis, Lemuria, Mu, Dwaraka, Kumari, and many more. They all existed in a very balanced consciousness. After the fall of all these great worlds came an imbalance of energy. At one time the feminine ruled and then eventually masculine is the most recent.

Why am I bringing this all up? What does it have to do with what we are saying? We have to realize why spirituality and reason need each other. I won't use the world "religion" because that means a whole other ****. We must realize that the essence of our Soul and the essence of God's Being are the same. This essence is a Consciousness and awareness. It is called so many different names like Christ-consciousness, Krishna-consciousness, etc whatever. The name doesn't matter. But the individual soul and the Individual God are two distinct entities. One exists on it's own, the other exists because the One exists. The Christians came up with the Trinity like the Hindus to make distinctions. The Trinity is all God. BUT the Father is first and the Source of the Trinity because the Source can exist on its own without souls.

The Source is Souls. It is Soullular energy, if I can put it that way. Have you ever listened to the silence of the Soul. Watched the vision of eternity. Danced for a lifetime and degraded again and again. This is you, you are this. Oneness Being Eternal.

That is why in this upcoming Age of energy we can not make the mistake of the last 2000 years. We need to accept this feminine power of emotion and combine it with reason. A lot of people want to just throw out reason and religion. But without form and reason there can be chaos.

Chaos is planned, always. There would be freedom and peace, brother, I can tell you that with dignity. There are men who seek to control Life, they are not good. The rest are fighting to free themselves of this. And there are many slaves, but more fighting than these.

Bless you dear brother.

Seawolf
20-01-2013, 02:05 PM
People think differently, therefore a one world religion is impossible. Unless a dictator forces it on everyone which is a possibliity and has happened before. If everyone believed the same it would a very sad and oppressive world imo. There is also the belief that everyone is right in their spiritual beliefs, regardless of how different they are from ours because everyone has their own path.

weallknowfrogsgoladida
21-01-2013, 10:39 AM
If we are all God, then why Aren't we creating planets and earths and stars and flowers and butterflies and trees.. And you get the gist..

Honza
21-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Because we are not all of him, we are just microcosms. But the reality that we are made of is God - in my opinion. God is the being who we all are. With limitations of course. We are limited God, not unlimited God.

weallknowfrogsgoladida
22-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Don't they say with a hologram that each little microcosm reflection is exactly the same in blu print as the whole... If you theory were correct, I imagine it would be the same withGod, meaning that even the smallest part of the whole would have the same power and ability within it as the whole.. Somehow something doesn't gel. The other thing is, if we say that God is all knowing and all powerful which God would have to be in order to create a universe, then it would come to mean that even the smallest part of God would have to be aware of its function and role and able to help and act in union with the whole, otherwise it would no longer be all powerful and all knowing, hence my logic that we are not all God because we don not have the power of creation, it is fair to say that each one of us has absolutely no knowledge of how to create the universe. Hence, there must be a creator.. Of us. If anyone has figured out how to create the world and everything else seen around us, of course I would love to hear about it?

Amilius777
05-05-2013, 04:47 AM
We are God in the sense of "spirit", we are not literally God.

The original transgression of "Adam" which was a necessary one was to show the fault and pride of one who puts themselves as God over God. Whereas we are meant to be as God with God.

God made us to know ourselves, to be ourselves, and yet one and same with God

Not that we are THE GOD, but gods or godlings.- all sharing the same divine DNA.

The Holy Spirit is the divine DNA, a divine person of the Trinity and is everyone's Higher-consciousness. In that way, through the Holy Spirit we are in essence God.

But we can never be God the Source, or "God the Father/Creator". If you believe you are, you have committed the truest sin- complete self-centeredness.

4you007
25-07-2013, 09:09 PM
No we are not God we are the creature of God.
God do not die as humans and other creature.

Morpheus
28-07-2013, 06:21 AM
St Paul declared:
"In Him we live and move and have our being."

Which he borrowed from a pagan tribute in Greece, to, "The Unknown God".

In merely this organic aspect, no, of course we are not God.
Yet, Jesus is called "The One" and He Himself stated we could do anything He did, and more. It's about transcension.
He called people, "gods", and related people with the angels.

God is everything, and all things are connected and unified in Him.

Originally Posted by Honza

Here is the thing, Honza. When you start talking about preservation and survival, you are veering from the greater reality.
As Yogananda stated, "Death is only an experience wherein you are to learn a great lesson; You cannot die."

Buddha didn't state the same?

And, "there is no God looking after us" ? Really?
Everything is a known to Him. Past, present and future are all before Him, and are a known.
He told us also about our future.
Of course He looks after us.
Remember all the various accidents we see are only from one perspective, this world or, "Veil", in time and space.

Many believe that there are no accidents.

"Jesus also stated that not one sparrow falls to the ground without your Father, and you are worth more than many sparrows."

the_crow
28-07-2013, 06:39 AM
Big thoughts, big dreams, big desires, big expectations.
Where did the humility go?
If you want world peace, become peaceful.
If you want to save the world, save yourself.
If you want everyone to be 'nice', be nice yourself.
How you are is the only reasonable contribution you can make.
Overstep that mark and you become the problem you decry.

sandalwood
01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
people dont figure things out that easy.
i believe all world religions have the same basic beliefs, but people come up with ways to make it different. if the world realised its oneness with god, people would come up with ways to divide themselves

Time
01-08-2013, 01:36 PM
humans are creators of our own utopia or creators of our greatest hell. Christianity got something right :P

the god in the bible is more then likely a literal version of human asperations. We can do pretty much everything the bible says god does, and in many cases we have. We are capable of the greatest empathy and the deepest horrors. We can destroy mountains and send plagues, set fire to cities and destroy whole peoples and even ecosystems. Even the exile from eden an be seen as our abandonment of nature worship.

We are all "god", but we are also the devil. Thats the whole point....

Honza
09-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Big thoughts, big dreams, big desires, big expectations.
Where did the humility go?
If you want world peace, become peaceful.
If you want to save the world, save yourself.
If you want everyone to be 'nice', be nice yourself.
How you are is the only reasonable contribution you can make.
Overstep that mark and you become the problem you decry.

The world is big......it deserves big dreams. :wink:

Morpheus
21-09-2013, 06:04 PM
humans are creators of our own utopia or creators of our greatest hell. Christianity got something right :P

the god in the bible is more then likely a literal version of human asperations. We can do pretty much everything the bible says god does, and in many cases we have. We are capable of the greatest empathy and the deepest horrors. We can destroy mountains and send plagues, set fire to cities and destroy whole peoples and even ecosystems. Even the exile from eden an be seen as our abandonment of nature worship.

We are all "god", but we are also the devil. Thats the whole point....

When Christians quote the verse in the bible about all having sinned, and falling "short of the glory of God", most probably don't realize what they are saying, with respect to affiliation with God.

Jesus likewise told his inquisitors that, "you are gods". As well as comparing people... those who die in the Lord, with the angels.

"The Fall" involves the "beast" and the carnal and evolved animal/mammal aspects, in time and space. The "Construct". Which according to science and the ancient teachings both, is illusory.

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/ (http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/)

TaoSandwich
22-09-2014, 05:47 PM
"When you know the mind, mind is Buddha. If you don't know it, it is the devil. Devil and Buddha are products of one mind. Buddha is real, the devil is madness."

-Zen master Fenyang

Put this in another forum, post, but it is relevant so I'll just leave it here. For those not familiar with Buddhism "Buddha" refers to someone who has awakened and sees the world as it is with pure perception. In many circles, this is understood as communing with God or the divine. If all of us have the potential for such communion within us, that is certainly something that connects us all whether we are "all one" in a literal sense or in one that is more metaphorical.

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich

Morpheus
23-09-2014, 05:10 AM
"Ego" is to be equated with the devil. We see it as Mara also, in Buddhism.

Short Video: "Ego, the worst confidence trick".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d0vtFja9GE&feature=related (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253D5d0vtFja9GE%2526a mp%253Bfeature%253Drelated)

charly233
23-09-2014, 08:01 AM
For me the universe is one, singular being that is eternal and uncreated. It is perhaps best not to name this being at all but if you must name it, it could be called "god" or the "goddess" for example.

We are all this being in its totality as well as being a mere part or fragment of this being. Jesus expressed it perfectly in his statement "ye are gods, ye are children of the most high". As Gods we are the totality, the whole oneness. As children we are merely part of God or a separate fragment.

Sometimes I pray to the god-that-I-am-not asking that I might come to realize that I am God. And sometimes I pray to him/her asking that the part of me that believes I am God may be forgiven.

Morpheus
24-09-2014, 07:35 AM
For me the universe is one, singular being that is eternal and uncreated. It is perhaps best not to name this being at all but if you must name it, it could be called "god" or the "goddess" for example.

We are all this being in its totality as well as being a mere part or fragment of this being. Jesus expressed it perfectly in his statement "ye are gods, ye are children of the most high". As Gods we are the totality, the whole oneness. As children we are merely part of God or a separate fragment.

Sometimes I pray to the god-that-I-am-not asking that I might come to realize that I am God. And sometimes I pray to him/her asking that the part of me that believes I am God may be forgiven.

You are wrong, and irreverent. Both.

charly233
24-09-2014, 08:57 AM
You are wrong, and irreverent. Both.

Please explain what is irreverent about my post. How can asking for forgiveness be irreverent?

I await your correction and instruction.

samsara4
30-09-2014, 02:56 PM
"When you know the mind, mind is Buddha. If you don't know it, it is the devil. Devil and Buddha are products of one mind. Buddha is real, the devil is madness."

-Zen master Fenyang

Put this in another forum, post, but it is relevant so I'll just leave it here. For those not familiar with Buddhism "Buddha" refers to someone who has awakened and sees the world as it is with pure perception. In many circles, this is understood as communing with God or the divine. If all of us have the potential for such communion within us, that is certainly something that connects us all whether we are "all one" in a literal sense or in one that is more metaphorical.

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich

Nicely expressed. It is relevant.

samsara4
30-09-2014, 02:58 PM
"Ego" is to be equated with the devil. We see it as Mara also, in Buddhism.

Short Video: "Ego, the worst confidence trick".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d0vtFja9GE&feature=related (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253D5d0vtFja9GE%2526a mp%253Bfeature%253Drelated)

There are also some Kabbalists who say that "Satan" is a code word for the "ego". We are saying the same thing.

BlueSky
01-10-2014, 07:42 PM
I see consciousness itself as ego. It's a process and some call it individualization.
It can think it's in control but within the process it eventually relinquishes that control.
Call it any name you want but the definition of what it is remains the same. It is the the very means by which the unconscious timeless one becomes conscious. It's divine!

ajay00
18-10-2014, 10:39 AM

That all is essentially God or Divine is taught by the Advaita Vedanta philosophy expounded by Adi Shankaracharya.

Here it should be understood that a mere intellectual appreciation of the theory of Advaita is not enough. Spiritual evolution takes place only when a corresponding change in the subjective life is accomplished through proper philosophical study, contemplation and meditation. The company of an enlightened master greatly helps in this regard.

Otherwise it can easily lead to egotistic tendencies and delusion as well.

The Advaita Vedanta philosophy has a high degree of complexity which makes it very hard to comprehend, but when it is comprehended properly, it can be a source of tremondous bliss, joy and peace.

One comes to understand that behind all the varied multiplicity that one perceives in this world, there is actually only one singular unity pervading it, call it God, infinite consciousness, love,truth...

Complete spiritual development does not happen en masse. It is an individual journey which results in enlightenment at the end. The duration varies for all.

I would say, appreciation of the teaching of karma, that one reaps as one sows, could help to get rid of all the negativities mentioned.

ajay00
18-10-2014, 10:45 AM

That all is essentially God or Divine is taught by the Advaita Vedanta philosophy expounded by Adi Shankaracharya.

Here it should be understood that a mere intellectual appreciation of the theory of Advaita is not enough. Spiritual evolution takes place only when a corresponding change in the subjective life is accomplished through proper philosophical study, contemplation and meditation. The company of an enlightened master greatly helps in this regard.

Otherwise it can easily lead to egotistic tendencies and delusion as well.

The Advaita Vedanta philosophy has a high degree of complexity which makes it very hard to comprehend, but when it is comprehended properly, it can be a source of tremondous bliss, joy and peace.

One comes to understand that behind all the varied multiplicity that one perceives in this world, there is actually only one singular unity pervading it, call it God, infinite consciousness, love,truth...

Complete spiritual development does not happen en masse. It is an individual journey which results in enlightenment at the end. The duration varies for all.

I would say, appreciation of the teaching of karma, that one reaps as one sows, could help to get rid of all the negativities mentioned.

Amilius777
05-02-2016, 04:39 AM
I think Julian or Norwich put it the best way without yourself an individual claiming to be the Whole Universal- "I realized my deepest self is God".

It's like saying yes deep down we are God in essence, but at the same time we can't claim to be the Universal or the whole Divine Force. That whole thing is called the Father or Mother; Being itself.

knightofalbion
05-02-2016, 10:17 AM
As Gandhi said about there being 'many branches to a tree', emerging from the one trunk. And so it is with faiths.

Many faiths espousing the message of the one God.Each, to a greater or lesser degree, bathed in sunlight (Truth)

dream jo
12-06-2016, 05:22 AM
im a humnst i am yea belve in god i do just relginz carz 2 mush probs in world thy do
im a humnst spritsl prson u cud say
coz dnt lk spekin abot poltiks or relgin bh carz big waws thy do

davidmartin
23-02-2018, 11:20 PM
I think Julian or Norwich put it the best way without yourself an individual claiming to be the Whole Universal- "I realized my deepest self is God".

It's like saying yes deep down we are God in essence, but at the same time we can't claim to be the Universal or the whole Divine Force. That whole thing is called the Father or Mother; Being itself.

Yes. This is also the problem
The distinction is very important
Some people think they are God, not just that deepest part which they don't fully know, if it can be fully known.
Teaching that we are God without that distinction is a lie, but with it, the ultimate truth!
It's hard work to reach the place, it's superficial to say we are all God, and wrong without seriously putting that in the right context first

Christianity teaches 'there is something greater than us that lives in us'.
That refers to the deepest part, and the outer part of ourselves that is not God. These two parts can be in union with each other, that is the amazing thing, God resting in us and us resting in God, this doesn't leave a person unchanged, it doesn't destroy them either, or make them fully God either.
Anyone has felt the wonder of this deepest union would never want to be God, all isolated and lonely, nor would they want to be apart from God, which would feel the same.
Only by uniting with God, can we escape being God how strange is that

Raziel
27-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Only by uniting with God, can we escape being God how strange is that

If the concept of God had not been introduced to a person - would they find it on their own?

Would a person be any of the established religions?

Africa had no Jesus before the missionaries - England was pagan.

We are essentially cosmic dust - surely that is being one with the universe anyway?

Shivani Devi
28-02-2018, 06:02 AM
If the concept of God had not been introduced to a person - would they find it on their own?

Would a person be any of the established religions?

Africa had no Jesus before the missionaries - England was pagan.

We are essentially cosmic dust - surely that is being one with the universe anyway?You are making the assumption that God is a 'concept'.

Raziel
28-02-2018, 07:22 AM
You are making the assumption that God is a 'concept'.

I could use any term: idea, name, notion ...

There is no need for linguistic judo - my points are still valid even to a believer of Crom such as yourself :wink:

Africa had no Jesus before the missionaries, if Christianity is "da whey" is every African pre-missionary dammed?

Shivani Devi
28-02-2018, 07:31 AM
I could use any term: idea, name, notion ...

There is no need for linguistic judo - my points are still valid even to a believer of Crom such as yourself :wink:

Africa had no Jesus before the missionaries, if Christianity is "da whey" is every African pre-missionary dammed?
Of course you could use any term, idea, notion or idiom to describe 'God', but it doesn't represent it beyond a mental abstract.

God is a 'mental concept', Shiva is a 'mental concept'....Crom is a 'mental concept'....Brahman/Absolute/Source/Oneness...all are just ideas in the mind until experientially realised.

Africa had no 'Jesus' before the missionaries and they introduced the concept OF a Jesus to the missionaries...but hey, Jesus was only the SON of God, right? another mental concept.

What I am talking about here is total transcendence...and that's an experience that the mind cannot even quantify into words...and yet, many African Shamans would know about it.

So, the Christians believe a soul will 'go to Hell' if they are not a Christian...but that is only a Christian belief and if you weren't a Christian and didn't believe it, will you still go to Hell? according to a Christian you would, but hey...if you're not a Christian, what then? and so, it becomes a belief-based 'reality' which has nothing to do with anybody who doesn't believe it.

Raziel
28-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Of course you could use any term, idea, notion or idiom to describe 'God', but it doesn't represent it beyond a mental abstract.

God is a 'mental concept', Shiva is a 'mental concept'....Crom is a 'mental concept'....Brahman/Absolute/Source/Oneness...all are just ideas in the mind until experientially realised.

Africa had no 'Jesus' before the missionaries and they introduced the concept OF a Jesus to the missionaries...but hey, Jesus was only the SON of God, right? another mental concept.

What I am talking about here is total transcendence...and that's an experience that the mind cannot even quantify into words...and yet, many African Shamans would know about it.

So, the Christians believe a soul will 'go to Hell' if they are not a Christian...but that is only a Christian belief and if you weren't a Christian and didn't believe it, will you still go to Hell? according to a Christian you would, but hey...if you're not a Christian, what then? and so, it becomes a belief-based 'reality' which has nothing to do with anybody who doesn't believe it.

I thought you didn't have internet :biggrin:

We totally agree - a person can choose to use the pre made labels for God & the universe given by mainstream religion if they so choose but they will miss out on other possibilities that may very well hold answers as well.

The very first humanoid to flinch at lightening probably ascribed it to some kind of higher power - the notion of "a power bigger than me" has always been within us.

Is it justified or is it simply part of our fight or flight instincts?

Thats for the individual to decide alone - and not a weapon to beat others over the head with or use to feel a sense of superiority over others.

The one world religion that the OP suggests is quite dangerous as there is no option for individuality.

Shivani Devi
28-02-2018, 08:10 AM
I thought you didn't have internet :biggrin:

We totally agree - a person can choose to use the pre made labels for God & the universe given by mainstream religion if they so choose but they will miss out on other possibilities that may very well hold answers as well.

The very first humanoid to flinch at lightening probably ascribed it to some kind of higher power - the notion of "a power bigger than me" has always been within us.

Is it justified or is it simply part of our fight or flight instincts?

Thats for the individual to decide alone - and not a weapon to beat others over the head with or use to feel a sense of superiority over others. After months of using the PCs at the library twice a week for an hour or so each time, I decided to bite the bullet, blow the budget and finally put some credit on my pre-paid modem.

happy soul
28-02-2018, 10:43 AM
I think most reading this would agree....we are all FORMS or MANIFESTATIONS of God, but we are not God specifically.

Edit: To put it another way - we are PART of God.

BigJohn
23-09-2018, 07:16 AM

If we are all gods..... comes from Psalms 82:6. ("I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.')

Jesus quoted this scripture in John 10:34 (Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'?)

The puzzling part is the Hebrew word for god (אֱלֹהִ֣ים) which just happens to be the same Hebrew word for God in the first creation account in the Bible (Genesis 1:1 - 2:3.

RabbiO
24-09-2018, 11:54 PM
If we are all gods..... comes from Psalms 82:6. ("I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.')

Jesus quoted this scripture in John 10:34 (Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'?)

The puzzling part is the Hebrew word for god (אֱלֹהִ֣ים) which just happens to be the same Hebrew word for God in the first creation account in the Bible (Genesis 1:1 - 2:3.

What is puzzling?

Shivani Devi
27-09-2018, 07:22 AM
What is puzzling?
What I find to be MOST puzzling, is that the Hebrew word for God, is Elohim...which consists of a masculine pronoun combined with a feminine attribute.

The literal translation of Elohim, means "the Shining Ones" and this word corresponds to the Devas or the Devikas of Hindu mythology...

I took a wild ride on that tangent just the other day...

Just by the by...I don't know much about Judaism whatsoever...I am a Shaivite Hindu...However, I became aware that you have a feast/festival known as Shiva...and Shiva means "seven" in Hebrew..

I found this out a while ago, when I stumbled across a book in a bookstore...

https://www.amazon.com/Every-Day-Bless-You-Reflections/dp/9655240770#

I thought to myself..."oh wow, I am getting a message here" until I realised it had nothing whatsoever to do with the Hindu God, but could equally apply nonetheless...that was quite amusing for me.

BigJohn
01-10-2018, 02:00 AM
What is puzzling?

If we are all gods..... comes from Psalms 82:6. ("I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.') The Hebrew word used here for gods is transliterated as Elohim.

Jesus quoted this scripture in John 10:34 (Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'?) So was Jesus referring to Elohim?

In Exodus 3:14 where it speaks of "I AM that I AM", in Hebrew that God mentioned is transliterated as Elohim.

BigJohn
01-10-2018, 02:03 AM
What I find to be MOST puzzling, is that the Hebrew word for God, is Elohim...which consists of a masculine pronoun combined with a feminine attribute.

The literal translation of Elohim, means "the Shining Ones" and this word corresponds to the Devas or the Devikas of Hindu mythology...

I took a wild ride on that tangent just the other day...

Just by the by...I don't know much about Judaism whatsoever...I am a Shaivite Hindu...However, I became aware that you have a feast/festival known as Shiva...and Shiva means "seven" in Hebrew..

I found this out a while ago, when I stumbled across a book in a bookstore...

https://www.amazon.com/Every-Day-Bless-You-Reflections/dp/9655240770#

I thought to myself..."oh wow, I am getting a message here" until I realised it had nothing whatsoever to do with the Hindu God, but could equally apply nonetheless...that was quite amusing for me.

There are other Hebrew names that get translated into English as God.
Elohim is used in the first creation account (Genesis !:1 to Genesis 2:3).

In the next verse, Genesis 2:4 Yahweh is introduced.

ajay00
02-10-2018, 02:23 PM

I think the proper word instead of God is Spirit, and God is distinct from Spirit.

We souls are all Spirit including God, but we do have our distinct individualities, imho.

As per Hinduism, Brahman is pure consciousness as the Vedas point out. Nirguna Brahman is pure consciousness of an impersonal nature, while God as Saguna Brahman and the jivatman or soul are pure consciousness of a personalised nature, with the Jivatman in bondage due to karma or unconscious impressions. This bondage, when wiped off through spiritual exercises and meditation, results in the soul or jivatman being purified of karma and regaining its original state as pure consciousness.

Paramahamsa Yogananda also states in this regard, "The word 'God' means the manifested, transcendental Being beyond creation, but existing in relation to creation. Spirit existed before God. God is the Creator of the universe, but Spirit is the Creator of God."

Here Spirit stands for Nirguna Brahman, while God stands for Saguna Brahman.

In the yogic philosophy, the Shivalinga as Saguna Brahman is considered the first form to arise when creation occurs, and also the last form before the dissolution of creation.

The Hindu scriptures Kashi Vishwanath temple considers the Shivalinga as representing a cosmic pillar of light.

Interestingly, as per the Shaivite monotheistic religious sect called the Prajapita Brahmakumaris, the form of the Shiva linga denotes God as a point of light (http://www.bkdrluhar.com/00-Graphics/07-Shiva/Shiva-01.jpg), and who is known as Jehovah, Allah, Ahura Mazda in other religions.

Shivani Devi
04-10-2018, 01:55 AM
There is also a monotheistic Shaivite sect called the Pashupati school, who sees Lord Shiva as a Primal Yogi, a Guru...A great teacher and a shapeshifting being, who can appear as anything He wants to... including a human, a stone Lingam or a point of light and isn't limited or defined by ANY of that.

God tends to appear to us in the way we can immediately recognise him/her AS God...from an ascetic monk, to an endless pillar of light.... because it would be remiss of God not to take our perceptions and cognitive biases into account....but when a picture of Bhairava or Mahakaal melts my heart and gives me goosebumps, I know to what school/sect I belong already.

Ahriman
07-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Everyone has the ability to become God, this does not mean everyone is God. Most people are nowhere near actualizing themselves as God.

Morpheus
06-02-2019, 09:31 PM
Everyone has the ability to become God, this does not mean everyone is God. Most people are nowhere near actualizing themselves as God.

Is it a question of percieving what the non apparent actual situation is, as opposed to what is apparent and illusory?

ImthatIm
07-02-2019, 09:01 PM
I think most reading this would agree....we are all FORMS or MANIFESTATIONS of God, but we are not God specifically.

Edit: To put it another way - we are PART of God.

Reading this made me think this.

Or "God particles"

ActualityOfBeing
07-02-2019, 11:16 PM
Spirit, like all words, is often used as a dualistic attempt to separate what is truly not separable.