PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if you are/were an indigo child?

Solitary Faery
16-01-2012, 09:51 AM
How can one tell if they were/are an indigo child? (Especially one that was never discovered)... I know a bit about the descriptions of what the "symptoms" are like in children, but as adults, what do those manifest as or change into? Any ideas?

~~Solitary Faery~~

michael55
16-01-2012, 11:42 PM
What is an indigo child?

Solitary Faery
17-01-2012, 05:29 AM
"Indigo children is a pseudoscientific[1] label given to children who are claimed to possess special, unusual and/or supernatural traits or abilities. The idea is based on New Age concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe. The concept of indigo children gained popular interest with the publication of a series of books in the late 1990s and the release of several films in the following decade. A variety of books, conferences and related materials have been created surrounding belief in the idea of indigo children and their nature and abilities. These beliefs range from their being the next stage in human evolution or possessing paranormal abilities such as telepathy to the belief that they are simply more empathic and creative than their peers.

Although there are no scientific studies to give credibility to the existence of any indigo children, or their traits, the phenomenon appeals to some parents whose children have been diagnosed with learning disabilities and parents seeking to believe that their children are special. This is viewed by skeptics as a way for parents to avoid proper (and generally pharmaceutical) pediatric treatment or a psychiatric diagnosis which implies imperfection. The list of traits used to describe the children has also been criticized for being vague enough to be applied to almost anyone, a form of the Forer effect. The phenomenon has been criticized as a means of making money from credulous parents through the sales of related products and services. [1] ^ Stenger, Victor J. (1998-06). "Reality Check: the energy fields of life". Committee for Skeptical Inquiry."

Kali
17-01-2012, 06:12 AM
ask your guide in a lucid state learn how to speak to them, its 2012 the energy is perfect for it so its a good idea not to just let this wonderful opportunity go by, use the energy of the stars for it peeps!

Solitary Faery
17-01-2012, 10:08 PM
On the less skeptic note... That is, if you believe in indigos as I do - seeing as that article I pasted up there is a bit critical, here's another point of view as well as the answer to my own question on the signs of being an indigo child as well as an indigo adult:

"I did some research on Indigo Children and Adults. I found it quite interesting.

Indigo Children:

Definition: Children who possess ESP or related paranormal abilities that indicate a new level of evolutionary development.

They are also most commonly known for having an indigo coloured aura, hence the name Indigo Children, sometimes also called Star Children or Crystal Children though.

Characteristics and Beliefs:

According to New Age beliefs, indigo children are hypersensitives who are highly empathic and intuitive by nature. They can easily detect, or are in tune with, the thoughts and feelings of others. They are also highly introspective and thus are very self-aware and have a clear sense of self-definition. They are often filled with a strong sense of purpose and the feeling that they need to make a significant difference in the world.

They are strong-willed, independent thinkers who prefer to be self-guided rather than directed by others. They tend to think outside the box and are often referred to as "system busters." They are naturally drawn to matters concerning metaphysics, spirituality, the paranormal, the occult, and mysteries and oppose conventional beliefs and unquestioned authority. They are often considered spiritually gifted, due in part to their depth of wisdom or level of awareness, which is said to be "beyond their years," and the extraordinary talents or abilities that they allegedly possess, such as "third eye perception."

Indigo children are often diagnosed with psychological disorders such as Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Dyslexia, Asperger's syndrome, and Autism. They often feel misunderstood and have a tendency to become unsociable or introverted when they are not around like-minded people.

They are also believed to be prone to depression and sleep disorders such as insomnia, persistent nightmares, and even night terrors.[citation needed] Indigo children also possess defining characteristics in learning: they tend to be more visual, kinesthetic learners and so remember best what they can picture in their mind and create with their hands. Movement is required to keep them better focused.

Note: All information was taken from (can't post links yet - newb status)

Now it is said that many people could of been Indigo Children and didn't even realize it. What happens with them? Can they grow up to be Adult Indigo's? Apparently so. I stumbled across this website with a list of 25 characteristics that make an Adult Indigo. A woman named Wendy Chapman claims to be the first to publish ideas of Adult Indigo's. I got this list from her website, link will follow.

Adult Indigo's:

* Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
* Are very creative and enjoy making things.
* Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
* Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
* Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
* May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
* Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
* Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
* Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
* May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
* May have trouble with RAGE.
* Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, i.e. political, educational, medical, and legal.
* Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't matter
* Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
* Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."
* Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
* Have psychic or spiritual interest appearing fairly young - in or before teen years.
* Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.
* Have strong intuition.
* Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
* Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
* May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
* May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
* Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
* Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world. May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
* When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Note: She says its more than likely for somebody to say yes to having multiple of these traits, but in order to be an Adult Indigo you must have most or all 25 or else anybody will think they're one. If you go to her website, she has more information on Indigo Children and other things as well.

Now of course this isn't an exact way to test whether or not you are a hypersensitive but it is definitely useful for suggesting whether or not you should look more into it. So, anyone here think they could possibly be an Adult Indigo with an Indigo Child past? Or does anyone think that their child is a possible Indigo?"

I found this in an article...

Serenity Bear
18-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Following the above descriptions, as far as I know all the coloured children including Indigos have their colour predominantly in the fixed area of their auric field.

Ie Reds would be scarlet, Orange the colour of the orange fruit, Yellows would be daffodil yellow, Greens are grass green, Blues are colbolt Blue, Indigos are indigo (which is like a very dark blue/purple) and lastly Crystals which is like looking at a diamond but has no colour.

Occultist
18-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Ask Nancy Ann Tappe she created the "Indigo" belief system.
She is also a self proclaimed psychic so if you have a question to ask for a psychic as well its like a 2fer.

Solitary Faery
19-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Ask Nancy Ann Tappe she created the "Indigo" belief system.
She is also a self proclaimed psychic so if you have a question to ask for a psychic as well its like a 2fer.

Is she on this web forum?

Occultist
19-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Nope she created indigo theory.http://www.nancyanntappe.com/
that website also gives info on how to contact her emails phone etc. Hope that helps.

Solitary Faery
20-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Oh, cool! Thanks!

Lauraye
22-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Just saw this thread, very shocked as I display every discription there, a little bit weirded out and have just been diagnosed with dyslexia at the age of 29!! This forum is a little cave of knowelege!

Solitary Faery
22-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Yeah, it is a very interesting concept.

Lauraye
22-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I know It is a great thread.

MorpHnStorM
24-01-2012, 02:03 AM
On the less skeptic note... That is, if you believe in indigos as I do - seeing as that article I pasted up there is a bit critical, here's another point of view as well as the answer to my own question on the signs of being an indigo child as well as an indigo adult:

"I did some research on Indigo Children and Adults. I found it quite interesting.

Indigo Children:

Definition: Children who possess ESP or related paranormal abilities that indicate a new level of evolutionary development.

They are also most commonly known for having an indigo coloured aura, hence the name Indigo Children, sometimes also called Star Children or Crystal Children though.

Characteristics and Beliefs:

According to New Age beliefs, indigo children are hypersensitives who are highly empathic and intuitive by nature. They can easily detect, or are in tune with, the thoughts and feelings of others. They are also highly introspective and thus are very self-aware and have a clear sense of self-definition. They are often filled with a strong sense of purpose and the feeling that they need to make a significant difference in the world.

They are strong-willed, independent thinkers who prefer to be self-guided rather than directed by others. They tend to think outside the box and are often referred to as "system busters." They are naturally drawn to matters concerning metaphysics, spirituality, the paranormal, the occult, and mysteries and oppose conventional beliefs and unquestioned authority. They are often considered spiritually gifted, due in part to their depth of wisdom or level of awareness, which is said to be "beyond their years," and the extraordinary talents or abilities that they allegedly possess, such as "third eye perception."

Indigo children are often diagnosed with psychological disorders such as Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Dyslexia, Asperger's syndrome, and Autism. They often feel misunderstood and have a tendency to become unsociable or introverted when they are not around like-minded people.

They are also believed to be prone to depression and sleep disorders such as insomnia, persistent nightmares, and even night terrors.[citation needed] Indigo children also possess defining characteristics in learning: they tend to be more visual, kinesthetic learners and so remember best what they can picture in their mind and create with their hands. Movement is required to keep them better focused.

Note: All information was taken from (can't post links yet - newb status)

Now it is said that many people could of been Indigo Children and didn't even realize it. What happens with them? Can they grow up to be Adult Indigo's? Apparently so. I stumbled across this website with a list of 25 characteristics that make an Adult Indigo. A woman named Wendy Chapman claims to be the first to publish ideas of Adult Indigo's. I got this list from her website, link will follow.

Adult Indigo's:

* Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
* Are very creative and enjoy making things.
* Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
* Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
* Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
* May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
* Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
* Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
* Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
* May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
* May have trouble with RAGE.
* Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, i.e. political, educational, medical, and legal.
* Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't matter
* Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
* Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."
* Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
* Have psychic or spiritual interest appearing fairly young - in or before teen years.
* Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.
* Have strong intuition.
* Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
* Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
* May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
* May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
* Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
* Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world. May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
* When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Note: She says its more than likely for somebody to say yes to having multiple of these traits, but in order to be an Adult Indigo you must have most or all 25 or else anybody will think they're one. If you go to her website, she has more information on Indigo Children and other things as well.

Now of course this isn't an exact way to test whether or not you are a hypersensitive but it is definitely useful for suggesting whether or not you should look more into it. So, anyone here think they could possibly be an Adult Indigo with an Indigo Child past? Or does anyone think that their child is a possible Indigo?"

I found this in an article...

Hi, I'm new here, and I fit every single one of these.= :) Nice to meet you all.

Solitary Faery
26-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Nice to meet you, too!

Cahro
27-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Ok I totally never believed in indigo children or anything like that, but I'm kind of weirded out because that describes me to a tee. I'm especially weirded out about the streetlight going out thing because it's something I've always noticed but always dismissed while driving. Weird!

Lauraye
27-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Ok I totally never believed in indigo children or anything like that, but I'm kind of weirded out because that describes me to a tee. I'm especially weirded out about the streetlight going out thing because it's something I've always noticed but always dismissed while driving. Weird!
Yeah I was the same as you weirded out!! Its sooo spooky, I think a lot of people on this forum will identify with these features and relations to this post!

Solitary Faery
28-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Yeah... Whenever I go over to a friend's house, their Netflicks on their computer breaks down as soon as I get close to it and it takes them hours to reload the whole computer!

Solitary Faery
28-01-2012, 06:44 AM
I think perhaps that a lot of people who are indigos may just naturally be attracted to more spiritual things, divination, Paganism and/or Wicca and/or Shamanism, etc. Maybe that's why so many of us on here identify with so much of what's on that list. The website for the woman who discovered or first wrote about the concept is http://www.nancyanntappe.com/