PDA

View Full Version : Spirtual Awakening symptoms?

nailspiritseeker
21-12-2011, 03:58 AM
I came across this link while browsing about spiritual awakening. Most of these symptoms they list could almost come off as a health problem. I'm not saying that it is or that it isn't, but the list is huge!

For those that believe there going through a spiritual awakening, can you relate to any of these symptoms? I can relate to almost every one.

http://www.sunfell.com/symptoms.htm

luccidity
21-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I can relate to a lot of them symptoms as well.It would explain some of the things that have been happening lately.

Sarian
21-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Well, alrighty then...it's either that or my hormones are totally, totally out of whack. I realize I'm feeling 'expectant', but I thought I was losing my mind as well...so since I waffle between feeling like Christopher Hitchen's and Mother Theresa...I have to blame it on hormones for the moment..

Gem
21-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Well, alrighty then...it's either that or my hormones are totally, totally out of whack. I realize I'm feeling 'expectant', but I thought I was losing my mind as well...so since I waffle between feeling like Christopher Hitchen's and Mother Theresa...I have to blame it on hormones for the moment..

LOL :smile:

whitelotus
22-12-2011, 05:05 AM
i have almost all the symptomps...but they are veruy common i guess......it may or may not be spiritual awakening...

psychoslice
22-12-2011, 05:38 AM
The symptoms of Awakening are only that, symptoms, they are nothing to do with Enlightenment, the so called experiences are just that, experiences, they are the shadow of what IS, the experience is what comes through the mind, they are always tainted by the mind.

mattie
22-12-2011, 05:45 AM
There are some writers who overly focus on awakening symptoms. Some discuss it like it is a disease & have, unfortunately made it practically their only focus, giving readers the monthly grisly details of their own journey. These writers may have begun providing useful information, but often get stuck, not realizing they are woefully stuck. They then create allot of anguish for their self, wrongly assuming this is the same for everyone. Some progress into practically being fear mongers about ascension symptoms instead of providing information as one of many bits of info. The same nonsense was done w/ discussion about kundalini on some sites where they discussed this as if it is a horrid fate. Kundalini is our natural energies. As we expand our consciousness they naturally unfold. This has been done by millions w/o the kundalini horror stories on some sites.

There is also a tendency to overly attribute all physical symptoms to awakening ones. We can detox when doing allot of energy work. Some of these symptoms are likely from this detoxing when the individuals aren’t giving their body a needed assist from internal cleanses. Lisa Renee has openly discussed her own detoxing when she had a rapid awakening (energeticsynthesis.com).

There is some validity to these symptoms, but it is important not to go overboard about focusing on these or to look at awakening as something that merits fear.

The symptoms to really look for are largely psychological ones such as a change in POVs & looking for more information about spiritual subjects. There is a natural tendency to focus more on one’s self & this is noticeable w/ those who were very social who may seem uncharacteristically reclusive. The focusing on self is part of our deeply connecting w/ & exploring our own energies & is very positive. It isn’t problematic.

Trieah
28-12-2011, 05:42 AM
Interesting. I just skimmed through that whole list and noticed that I'd been experiencing everything on that list for about as long as I can remember, yet I didn't feel a full sense of an awakening till last year. But from what I've been able to gather, all that interesting stuff that happened last year was supposed to have been a kundalini awakening. But seriously, I've been experiencing all those things listed for over 3/4 of my life, some even longer.

So would that mean that I've pretty much always been "awake" so to speak, or that other people who are finally experiencing this stuff are just catching up to me? :wink: Who knows, maybe I really am one of these indigo/crystal/rainbow people I've heard so much talk about.

But what I'd like to know is, if people are just noticing this kind of stuff now, what was there life like before realizing something had changed???? To be honest, I can't really remember a time before the great majority of things on that list, seems like those things were always present in my life in one degree or another. So, what's it like to not have those kinds of things present in your life? I don't think I even know how to relate to that :confused:

psychoslice
28-12-2011, 05:49 AM
I think its best to just throw the list away, before it becomes some type of commandment in the future, then we all will be fighting over who practices the list the best, or to the letter lol.

Trieah
28-12-2011, 10:14 PM
In all honesty, I'm still trying to figure out why people need to makes lists of their experiences, as if everything they've experienced were the absolute definitive of the entire process. Aren't we all different and will all have our own set of experiences anyway? Sure, some things may overlap, but just like there are no two snowflakes that are exactly alike, neither will there be two or more enlightening/awakenings that will be exactly alike. So just how accurate are these kinds of lists anyway?

Lapis Lazuli
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
The symptoms to really look for are largely psychological ones such as a change in POVs & looking for more information about spiritual subjects. There is a natural tendency to focus more on one’s self & this is noticeable w/ those who were very social who may seem uncharacteristically reclusive. The focusing on self is part of our deeply connecting w/ & exploring our own energies & is very positive. It isn’t problematic.

I completely agree. That has been my change with spiritual awakening. It changes your whole outlook on life & what things REALLY matter! So many things in life that people fret about and are consumed with, are pointless from a spiritual perspective. It has made a profound change for me. It has been truly wonderful!!! :smile:

-Çharismo-
08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
This video is probably the best one I have ever seen and touched me very deeply. These are also some of the symptoms that I had when I was going through my issues.

Spiritual Awakening signs. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKoQ3lNlRFA)

Mr Interesting
08-01-2012, 09:29 PM
When do we ever stop awakening?

This kinda stuff I think appears to be measured against the vast majority who aren't even remotely interested so are we measuring against them or noticing the difference between when we weren't even remotely interested and are now somewhat interested?

Alike someone further up the thread ladder alot of this stuff has always been happening while others I've never experienced so I'd surmise that while alot of the instances point towards an "awakening" of a deeper experience of life everybody has different ways of awakening all the different parts of the whole... that is them.

Too much emphasis on outside saying what is leaves us somewhat unaware of our own internal balances so personally I think it's better to experience what happens to us and fit it into our own unique paradigm, and then let outer settle it into understanding, than follow outer and have inner mold to that... possibly.

Verunia
08-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by mattie

The symptoms to really look for are largely psychological ones such as a change in POVs & looking for more information about spiritual subjects.

I was just about to write out something like this. I agree... I think most symptoms are mostly psychological, when people begin to awaken to certain concepts and ideas.

Spiritprophet
06-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Many people skirt on the edge of wakefulness. But simply haveing transpersonal emergencies and symptoms dosnt wake you up. Lucidity and surrender to the condition of "waking up" will go a lot farther.