PDA

View Full Version : reiki + QiGong

njbr1111
21-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know if and how learning both may compliment each other ? I'm reiki level 2, doing master in a few weeks and also thinking of learning Qi Gong ... wondering if and how this may help in healing sessions.

Does anyone have any experience in this ?

thanks,
njbr.

pre-dawn
22-11-2011, 04:07 AM
In "The Healing Promise of Qi" Roger Jahnke O.M.D. has a 2 page description of Qi healing which would not be amiss in any Reiki manual without changing a single word.
Reiki is Qi healing put into a particular framework by Mikao Usui.

Therefore, Reiki is Qi healing, and Qi healing is Reiki although you will find lots of people who will say that one has to be attuned to do Reiki healing. I don't think the Qi actually cares about that.

As they are the same in their essence they do not complement each other, let alone compliment :icon_eek: (we should try to get our words and concept correct) but practicing either one will deepen one's experience.

One of the absolutely major failures of Reiki today is the lack of a consistent, comprehensible framework with structural integrity. Studying Qigong can provide that at the price of demystifying Reiki, and removing it from the elitist-esoteric realm, personally a price I am very happy to pay.

TzuJanLi
22-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Greetings..

In "The Healing Promise of Qi" Roger Jahnke O.M.D. has a 2 page description of Qi healing which would not be amiss in any Reiki manual without changing a single word.

Therefore, Reiki is Qi healing, and Qi healing is Reiki although you will find lots of people who will say that one has to be attuned to do Reiki healing. I don't think the Qi actually cares about that.

As they are the same in their essence they do not complement each other, let alone compliment :icon_eek: (we should try to get our words and concept correct) but practicing either one will deepen one's experience.

One of the absolutely major failures of Reiki today is the lack of a consistent, comprehensible framework with structural integrity. Studying Qigong can provide that at the price of demystifying Reiki, and removing it from the elitist-esoteric realm, personally a price I am very happy to pay.
Hi pre-dawn: Precisely stated, and accurate.. Thanks..

Be well..

krishna
22-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Have seen massive results with Qi-Gong.
Light and grace.
Krishna.

njbr1111
22-11-2011, 12:56 PM
thanks guys.

Akaalis
26-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Agreed with Pre-Dawn, Reiki is quite a low-level practice and is more so a spiritual commercialized business than it is a practice. A complete waste of ones time(if one is not money motivated that is)

Henri77
27-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Might I suggest you shop around for a teacher that you really feel at home with.
It appears each teacher-school has its own techniques-movements, and what you learn from one may not be accepted by another, (you'll likely start as a beginner again) if you switch.... at least in my area.
I've been doing ChiGong 2 yrs and quite love doing it. Wish I had researched teachers-techniques... but the master whose moves I do is highly respected and I've no complaints .. Do wish we had more options in my area though.

Of course there're lots of youtube videos to expand one's practice.. and I've adopted 2-3 things from there.

pupiavril
08-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Nicely put Pre-Dawn. Light

libelula
24-05-2014, 11:13 PM

Very well said.

DuskShine
20-10-2014, 07:09 AM
As Glenn Morris said,

Reiki = Spray Bottle Spritz

Reiki + Qigong = Fire Hose

The Back Seat
31-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if and how learning both may compliment each other ? I'm reiki level 2, doing master in a few weeks and also thinking of learning Qi Gong ... wondering if and how this may help in healing sessions.

Does anyone have any experience in this ?

thanks,
njbr.

Anything is everything, and anything compliments everything. We are all just energy and we feel this energy as Chi and therefore everything we do requires chi.

Arkx6
02-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Dead thread but still...

As someone who has done Chi kung and has a level 2 in Reiki i think i am better qualified than those who badmouth Reiki with no practical experience.

If Reiki was such a low practice it wouldn't:

have techniques where the master can open energy points on the student to speed their development ie: attunements/Reiju. By contrast there are indeed a few Chi kung styles that do this but they are few and far between instead requiring years of practice to attain the same development.

It wouldnt allow students within their first two years to carry out distant healing effectively...this kind of feat requires years of practice for chi kung practitioners.

The pay structure of reiki is steep but keep in mind that usually a reiki practitioner will get one attunement per year while a chi kung teacher has the luxury of charging for classes over a whole year. People need to earn a living...

Reiki has become known as a healing system but originally when Dr Usui taight it it was a system of spiritual development. Those who think it is only a healing system should research Reiki's early history.

Lastly...lets be adults and not badmouth each others systems especially when the people doing so have little or no experience of what they are criticising...

asmallpanda
06-01-2016, 05:15 PM
From what I can tell many chi kung and Reiki techniques are held back by practitioners that restrict emotion. Working on being able to use and hold onto powerful positive emotions makes all these practices many times stronger. The no-mind thing is true, a clear mind allows for more energy but the energy is multiplied by emotion as well.

markings
02-01-2017, 03:19 PM
From what I can tell many chi kung and Reiki techniques are held back by practitioners that restrict emotion. Working on being able to use and hold onto powerful positive emotions makes all these practices many times stronger. The no-mind thing is true, a clear mind allows for more energy but the energy is multiplied by emotion as well.
I think there may be a problem here in that the energy will be colored by the emotions, something one should try to avoid.
It is not for us as a practitioner to 'infuse' emotions into a client, even if they are positive ones. The energy should be as pure as it can possibly and humanly be and then be allowed to do its work in the client.