PDA

View Full Version : Experience still unexplained

Buttercup11
21-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I had an experience around 6 years ago that I still wonder about, so I thought I would type it all out here. I will write it from the viewpoints I had at the time. I was on my way home from a trip into a larger town and I was traveling on old 66 into the small town I lived in. I was just singing to the radio and not paying attention to much around me. I was maybe 2 miles outside of town and noticed a light up in the sky from a plane.

It had to be a small plane, because the light was pretty bright and it was pretty low to the ground up in front of me and to my right. I was thinking they must be crop-dusting the fields, and that I'd typically seen that done in the daytime, but oh well.

As I drove I watched it and noticed that it was getting closer to me. It had one main big light in the center (white), and one small white light on either side of the big one (white). In a short time I realized it was getting uncomfortably close to me, and it didn't seem to be pulling out of the angle it was going. I started to get scared, because it appeared to be on a course that would lead it to crash into the ground right on top of me. I thought "oh no...this is scary".....I speeded my car up, and picked up my phone because I believed it was going to crash and I would need to dial 911 as soon as possible when it did. At the last, it was so close to me that the main light, almost a headlight, lit up the inside of my car and I remember being able to see everything inside my car from the light of it, including the phone in my hand.

It seemed in that short moment that speeding up had put me in the position to where the plane would crash behind me. i was so convinced that this was going to happen that thoughts were racing through my head as to whether I would be strong enough to attend to the victims after they hit, how far away I would end up being and how far away a plane explosion goes, etc.

After the light lit up my car, the angle was such that it would have been traveling over me and behind me. I monitored it, looking up through my sunroof waiting for it to pass. I waited, and when it should have been passing in a place that I could see it in the sunroof I could not see it there. I thought my judgment was off on timing, so I continued to glance multiple times.........then thought maybe it already did so started looking behind me.

But the plane NEVER passed into view through my sunroof........nor did it EVER become visible behind me. It was like it got close enough to light up my car and then disappeared. I was so confused and shaking that I pulled off the road and searched the skies behind me looking for it......listening to hear or see something, anything. NOTHING was ever visible again.

I was so shaken.....because it made no logical sense at all. Phone still in my hand ready to dial emergency services....I stood there so confused.

Through the years that I have lived in this small town there have been a few people in this town who swear they have seen UFO's here. They are very solid in their belief, but I have always been skeptical, and not that I didn't believe one could exist, but more than anything I just listened to their stories but sloughed them as just their own perception.

I have not been able to reach a logical explanation for this day.

Buttercup11
21-08-2011, 05:37 PM
After thinking back on that day, I also recalled that even though my window was rolled down, there was absolutely no sound of an engine from the plane. At the time, I didn't think about this, as it all really happened so fast that all I was thinking about was "oh my gosh, they are going to crash....what will I do...." and a multitude of other thoughts that immediately flash through your mind at an instant like that.

OldTimer
21-08-2011, 08:34 PM
All you can do is go with the facts as you experienced them. The "flying machine" was not behaving in a conventional manner. It kind of disappeared. It was silent. You have no idea what it really was. So.... you encountered an unidentified flying object. You had a very close encounter, indeed :D
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w154/sopn/ufo.png

and... welcome to the forum, Buttercup.

Buttercup11
21-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I have been told by a couple of people that I relayed the story to that it was probably one of the people who own planes in the area. I hoped that to be the case, and in those 6 years since it occurred I have seen a few of those planes both in daytime and nighttime. I have followed a couple of them and sat by the edge of a field and simply looked at them. Though it is a town of 1700 people and there cannot be many who have a private plane that would fit the size and proximity to the ground it was able to go.... I have not ever come into contact again with the "plane" that was there that night.

ThoughtOnFire
21-08-2011, 09:50 PM
How loud was the music in your car?

OldTimer
22-08-2011, 03:26 AM
I have been told by a couple of people that I relayed the story to that it was probably one of the people who own planes in the area. I hoped that to be the case, and in those 6 years since it occurred I have seen a few of those planes both in daytime and nighttime. I have followed a couple of them and sat by the edge of a field and simply looked at them. Though it is a town of 1700 people and there cannot be many who have a private plane that would fit the size and proximity to the ground it was able to go.... I have not ever come into contact again with the "plane" that was there that night.

Still, there's the fact that you heard no noise.... I've seen military copters that were noiseless. There were four of them and they came in very low over my back yard. The two in the front made no sound while the two following them did. It was spooky.

Buttercup11
22-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I was thinking about the music question...I was trying to recall what I did regarding the music, and actually have no recollection of music when this was going on. I don't know if I turned it down or off, but the sounds present at the time I was viewing the plane was simply the car, no music.

Buttercup11
22-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I actually want it to have been a plane. lol...I'm pretty much a chicken, so the concept of potentially being that close to something that had an explanation outside my typical world mindset is spooky to me. Yeah I probably sound like a woos, but that's because I am. :)

In my head I recall the image of two wings.....but that part of the image isn't real clear, so I think there may be the possibility that my mind might have superimposed (filled in) that part of the image to match what I would assume due to the location of the lights.

OldTimer
22-08-2011, 05:29 PM
There was an incident that I actually reported to MUFON. Now, it looked like a silver craft, hovering in broad daylight. But, it could also have been a floating balloon from some kid's birthday party. All I know is one minute it was there, floating and/or hovering and next minute it was GONE! Just like that.... Who knows? The area I live in is known for it's thermals so a stout breeze could have just whisked it away, the balloon that is. lol
To me, it looked like a craft and so, I believe I actually saw a UFO. I hope I get to see another one. (UFO, not just a balloon)

Buttercup11
22-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't mind at all seeing one from a distance. A little freaky to think it was something "else" shining it's light into my car. Maybe they were intending to abduct me and saw how ridiculously messy my car was and thought "eh...NAW!".

OldTimer
22-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't mind at all seeing one from a distance. A little freaky to think it was something "else" shining it's light into my car. Maybe they were intending to abduct me and saw how ridiculously messy my car was and thought "eh...NAW!".
Yeah... the light in the car bit would be a little disquieting. We humans like our privacy and our freedom. Do you remember what time it was when the incident began v/s when it ended? Could there have been any missing time?

Buttercup11
22-08-2011, 07:42 PM
No, it was business as usual with no time lapses of any kind.

Seperate_Reality
22-08-2011, 10:04 PM
This Light lit up your car in the daytime?

Buttercup11
22-08-2011, 11:15 PM
No it was nighttime.

Seperate_Reality
22-08-2011, 11:32 PM
That sounds more like it, because this sentence through me off a bit. Must of been only a figure of speech..

"I have not been able to reach a logical explanation for this day."

OldTimer
23-08-2011, 12:30 AM
No, it was business as usual with no time lapses of any kind.
My aunt saw a UFO while they were living in the outskirts of Las Vegas Nevada. She was out front watering during the day. Looked up to see a shiney silver, cigar-shaped craft just sitting there in mid-air. It sat for a few minutes and she could see it clearly. Then, she told me, it "took an angle" and just shot straight up and disappeared. They were living close to Area 51 so, I figure she saw one of our own reverse engineered craft. She was funny... she whispered this story to me and there was no one around. lol Guess she was afraid someone would think she was nuts. My aunt was a very practical person so, seeing this thing really bothered her.

Buttercup11
23-08-2011, 04:47 AM
I have only told a few people I know. I will not say it was a UFO...I say it was a plane..and it was wierd. I'm pretty skeptical just by practicality myself. But it WAS very wierd. I left a voicemail for my daughter babbling a mile a minute. lol...standing by the side of the road with my mouth hanging open.

OldTimer
23-08-2011, 05:15 AM
I have only told a few people I know. I will not say it was a UFO...I say it was a plane..and it was wierd. I'm pretty skeptical just by practicality myself. But it WAS very wierd. I left a voicemail for my daughter babbling a mile a minute. lol...standing by the side of the road with my mouth hanging open.
Well. No matter. You had an interesting experience.:smile: