PDA

View Full Version : Suicide

alleigh
11-08-2011, 01:02 AM
My aunt committed suicide in a very violent way yesterday. We are all shocked and in an immense state of grief.

I used to believe that suicide meant you didn't get to be with God.

Now I believe she she is home where she needs to be and is at peace. I pray that for her anyway.

I want to talk and talk and talk. I am in disbelief that this is happening to my family. I am so sad. I have cried all day and am so weak right now.

I cry for my uncle, my two cousins, my mom who has lost her sister.

I cry because I have been there and have been fortunate enough to come through the other side of it.

And I never ever thought I'd be part of the surviving family of a suicide victim.
:icon_frown:

Trieah
11-08-2011, 04:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I too, know what it's like to lose a family member to suicide. It kind of sounds like you're still in the state of shock stage. It isn't easy getting through all the different stages of grieving, but things will eventually get better. Hang in there and just try to take it one day at a time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

:hug2:

SteffMarshal
11-08-2011, 06:47 AM
You are absolutely right.When you commit suicide then it means you do not have faith on God.Think positively the suicide means that you have admitted that you are a looser.Can you listen your self a looser?
Absolutely not.always have faith on your god.Think that God is your best friend and protector.

Trieah
11-08-2011, 07:23 AM
You are absolutely right.When you commit suicide then it means you do not have faith on God.Think positively the suicide means that you have admitted that you are a looser.Can you listen your self a looser?
Absolutely not.always have faith on your god.Think that God is your best friend and protector.

People take their own life for all kinds of reasons, ranging from being in too much physical pain, emotional pain or unable to find a better solution to their problems. But that does not mean they were a looser. Perhaps to some people who are too quick to pass judgement and/or didn't really know the person, they might be considered a looser. But to their family, friends and anyone else who loved them, they were not a looser. To make such claims is very disrespectful to both that person and the loved ones they leave behind.

midnightstar
11-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Sending thought from me and my family at this tough time :hug3:

seeker89
11-08-2011, 08:59 AM
My condolences, Alleigh...My cousin committed suicide last year after a battle with Alcoholism and it really hurts...I am wishing you and your family well through this hard time.

seeker89

astralsuzy
11-08-2011, 09:07 AM
My thoughts are with you are your family. It is unfortunate that you have to go through this. I can imagine it would be horrible. As someone said, just take one day at a time. Life can be awful but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it.

Internal Queries
11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
**sigh** some folks just can't take it anymore, whatever "it" is. one has to be in extreme pain of some sort to override one's natural survival instincts and for this reason the harm they cause their loved ones by their self determined departure, with some understanding and compassion, can be forgiven.

condolences to you and your family, Alleigh. i wouldn't worry about where your aunt is right now. she obviously suffered more than enough during her life on Earth and i have no doubt that she's somewhere gentle and healing.

Tabitha
11-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Massive :hug2: to you, alleigh. Your aunt must have been in a terrible place to have done this. :icon_frown:

I cannot say much to comfort you, I know, but I do know of someone (not personally, through acquaintances), who took their own life, who then some time later came through in spirit to a relative who was a medium. Needless to say this person reassured their family that they were doing just fine in spirit. So I believe that people who commit suicide are helped and nurtured on the other side - they are (obviously) distressed souls at the time of their deaths, who desperately need it.

Please accept my most sincere sympathies at this horrible time. :hug2:

mattie
11-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I’m sorry that you & your family have had this happen.

Talk about whatever you need to as much as you need to.

scorpiowitch66
11-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I am so sorry for you and for family, Alleigh

Tabitha
11-08-2011, 12:46 PM

You have your right to express your opinion, but I believe you are very wrong. I cannot conceive of a loving God that would scorn and push away his miserable, distressed children, any more than I can imagine a loving parent here would do so. And my knowledge of the person I mentioned in my above post - who is much loved and missed by many, many people, and is most definitely not a "loser" (what on earth??) - leads me to believe that people who commit suicide are treated with the compassion and support that they need in the next life.

Coming2
15-08-2011, 02:30 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. As someone who has survived a suicide attempt I have had to learn how precious life really is in order to keep going. Some days it is all I can do to just get up but after trying to give up, I fight to keep going. I have battled my own demons and I never look down on anyone who feels they cant cut it in the real world. Life is hard and we are going to mourn our losses but please know they she is finally at peace. The wonderful thing about God is that He is always loving and always forgiving. Find peace with that.

SerpentQueen
15-08-2011, 03:11 AM
Heh. I just got done writing a post earlier about how my life has been dogged by suicides. If you want to talk and talk and talk, I am here; just PM me.

I disagree with SteffMarshall but I can also see the point he/she is making. It's a two-sided coin. It's not that your aunt lost faith in God; it's that your aunt was overwhelmed with human existence and wanted nothing more than to go back to God. This does not make one weak or a looser. Isn't it what we all long for? Yet yes, there is that flip side.... why take such a short cut like that? For those left living, that is the very question to ponder.

If you believe in reincarnation then it may console you to consider your aunt chose a very challenging path for this incarnation. She may have chosen to kill herself as a sacrifice for the rest of you that she loved, for lessons you all needed to learn to grow. In other words, she agreed to leave this world when she did, because it was all a part of a grand master plan, for the rest of you who are her One.

Or she simply took on more than she could handle, got overwhelmed, and went back for a rest. To stay on the other side from here on out, learning lessons from afar, watching and learning from afar, from a safer distance, through your lessons instead of experiencing them directly herself.

Just please whatever you believe, know that she is just fine, she may not be here in form, but she IS very much here. In ever breath you take. If you miss her, breath her in from the air. The molecules you breath in may transform their way into tears coursing down your face, and that is all as well... they evaporate, go back into the air, become clouds, rain down, filter through the ground, become the water you drink and a critical part of you.

Hugs and much love. I'm here, if you want to talk. Talk on and on to me all you want. Been there, done that. Over and over...

SerpentQueen
15-08-2011, 03:17 AM
P.s. I am not going to say I'm sorry for your loss, because I truly believe -- not believe, I KNOW -- you have not lost anything. Though I do understand right now it probably feels like that, and very much so. One of these days, not tomorrow, not next year... but one of these days.. you will know too.

And, I want to thank you for your post that helped me put some things in my own house in order.

truther
15-08-2011, 03:30 AM
I heard that God takes into consideration the person's mental illness before they committed suicide. So sad to hear this. I hope you have faith to know she is okay. I recommend going to chapels of Catholic Churches where Jesus' presence is said to be and just talk to him about it. I suggested a friend come with me one time about her struggles from moving away from her family but doing what in her heart she thought was right and she had to leave the chapel because she swelled up with emotion. I really feel its a healing place. When I am literally drained by life and just tired of it I go there and leave feeling refreshed and in peace again. May God hearken to your prayers and bless your family.

SerpentQueen
15-08-2011, 03:44 AM
I heard that God takes into consideration the person's mental illness before they committed suicide.

I want to say this without advocating suicide, because I don't, honestly, I don't!.... nor do I think it's constructive to advocate it, so I do understand the church's teachings on this, really I do... but...

Mental illness? Please. What is more sane than wanting to be back in God's arms? Is that not what all of us spiritual seekers ultimately want?

Dwell deeper on this. Maybe you will uncover the layer of the onion that is the Puritan work ethic --- reunion with God takes hard work and effort and practice, not an easy short cut. And, I'd probably agree with that, but then there are many additional layers of the onion to cry through as you cut and slice away at this particular question, breathing in and crying out souls as you do.

Don't ask why they did it -- ask what you can learn from it. Here. In your human experience. Go deeper than the pat answers. The pat answers work with your first funeral. Kind of. Maybe. By your 6th you've got to the heart of the onion.

Perhaps the greater insanity is being here. And then you realize -- insane is awesome amazing space to be! Let's hear it for the insane!!!

Trieah
15-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Mental illness? Please. What is more sane than wanting to be back in God's arms? Is that not what all of us spiritual seekers ultimately want?

Question. Are you saying that all people who commit suicide are just spiritual seekers who what to return to God?

My Stepdad committed suicide after his new doctor changed his depression medication three times in one month. Even after this new doctor been warned by the previous doctor to never change the medication, because of a prior history of attempting suicide after the meds were changed, he still did it anyway, telling my Stepdad that he just wasn't even trying to get better.

I'm sorry, but I do think mental illness most certainly can drive a person to taking their own life.

Hez0405
15-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I am very sorry for your loss.
Suicide is a very.. taboo subject even today, but I witnessed my best friend mourn for a friend of hers who committed suicide.

I do not believe, if you commit suicide 'you go to hell' In fact, I dont believe in hell.

Her spirit guides, would have helped her with the transition - and for whatever reason she done it for. They will be helping her heal.

If it helps, talk to her. The biggest question is 'why'. But not everyone opens up and the most unexpected people could commit suicide.

I hope this helps somehow.

Stay strong

Hezxo

alleigh
15-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Thank you for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

My initial suicide/heaven beliefs did come from the catholic faith however, I have since moved on from religion all together. They don't teach of this stuff on this forum in CCD or even Sunday school in any church that I've ever heard of. What I have learned comes from within.

I once struggled with depression. For about 14 yrs until I was healed. I've had two failed suicide attempts so I know how she felt - and even if not to the nth degree - I've been there. And I do understand how she could believe it was her only way to escape the darkness. She was on the wrong medication which is why we believe she was able to commit this horrendous act. This seamless woman, who was in charge of every breath from dawn to dark, who lit up the world with her singing and grace and love and how she loved her children...only 7 months ago something invaded her and drove her away from us, God, her children, and any joy she had. She did not find comfort in anything worldly.

I truly believe that when she died, she was welcomed with open arms and when I close my eyes I can see her so light and loved. I can feel her all around us. I do not wish her back here at all. I will surely miss her, as we all will, but we are settled in the peace that we know she now has. She is being healed, cared for, and will be given whatever role she will now fill.

Suicide IS a delicate matter however the bottom line is, people need to be loved and remembered regardless. I would never think anyone a loser should they take their own life. In their minds, it is the only way. (I've been there. I just didn't do it right.)
And we are not to judge that. We embrace one another and mourn however, we feel her love even moreso than before.

Thank you so much again, for listening to me. Still in a bit of shock and sadness and coming full circle with knowing she is in a far better place...

Sarian
17-08-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry for the pain you are dealing with regarding the loss of your beloved aunt. I don't believe that anyone goes to hell. I have struggled with suicidel thoughts and desires and attempts my whole life. At one point, while trying to be a 'christian', I could no longer take it, and cried out to God that I didn't believe a god of love...that people claim is 'love' would cast me to a place like hell in my despair and pain. I asked for forgiveness and I cried out how I simply could not continue living in the mental and emotional anguish I was...at that moment, it was a truly liberating moment for me. All pain ceased, I got the urgent sense that I feared a place that didn't exist, all that existed was love. All my surroundings even looked different, calmer, peaceful, beautiful. It's funny because I've been listening to one of Eckhart Tolle's books on CD while driving to school each day...I read the book before and it was not doing much for me during the dark period of my life...but hearing it now and how he came to be out of his darkness, I could totally relate to.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, please be at peace and while you miss your aunt, please don't worry she's in hell. She is not a loser, she was a hurting woman....

Coming2
17-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Beautiful post Sarian!!

cazamac
17-08-2011, 09:11 PM
sorry for your loss am sure a speak for everyone when l say where all here for you xx

nephesh
17-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

MutedBlue
17-08-2011, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Sarian]It's funny because I've been listening to one of Eckhart Tolle's books on CD while driving to school each day...I read the book before and it was not doing much for me during the dark period of my life...but hearing it now and how he came to be out of his darkness, I could totally relate to.

QUOTE]

May I ask which of Eckhart Tolle's books you are referring to? I've listened to an audiobook of his in the past and it helped me a great deal. I think I need to turn to another work of his at this time in my life. Thanks:hug3:

Acchaa Dalit
19-08-2011, 03:20 AM
May I ask which of Eckhart Tolle's books you are referring to? I've listened to an audiobook of his in the past and it helped me a great deal. I think I need to turn to another work of his at this time in my life. Thanks:hug3:

Tolle's stuff has an interesting habit of working better for fairly comfortable people, if you only read a few pages at a time. If you can get through half the book in a day - which is so hard when you spend every page reflecting, haha - it can change anyone. Though if you don't mind me joining the conversation, it's great that you're seeking out the message again. He leads you through the human tunnel, into the light ... then into more and more light with each word :D
Everyone reacts differently, but on topic ...

I hope this helps you abandon your worries. Not many people know the origins of the Christian suicide beliefs. In Roman times, the new Christian religion was spreading. They were a touch decadent. So those who'd lived by the Ten Commandments realised, wow, this Heaven place sounds amazing. Let's go there now!
Soon the Church's numbers began dwindling. Now they cared about their message, and didn't want the people sharing it to die out. Unfortunately, the Papacy ran their flock with Pax Romana, the same tactics that the Roman army used. So they chose fear tactics, and told the new Christian sect that suicide was now a sin. Those who performed it with no regret would definitely live with eternal damnation.
Ah, the tangle those two words have caused. Someday Humanity will laugh at the idea, promise :)

You know, all of us looking for answers in this topic have chosen a good place for it. So much healing intention ...

ChrisZanetti
19-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Don't be weak, don't let your family bring you down! Remember, you're a light warrior. Light warriors are strong people.

richag77
21-08-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about anyone who suicides. There is no Hell but there is a consequence. From what I have read, a person repeats the life and circumstances that led up to the suicide, so really, it is never is an escape. It just looks that way.
Bye

indiesongwriter
24-08-2011, 07:43 PM
My impression: Souls who commit suicide do not go to hell. I've communicated with a friend from beyond the grave who took her own life and she was in a good, healing place. She was raped by her father and suffered from bipolar and gave up because of the pain. In a meditative vision I saw her as a child and she told me "I can be innocent again" and she was on a playground with angels surrounded by light. She regretted taking her own life but was learning from the experience.

There is absolutely no punishment for taking your own life other than that souls often regret doing it after the fact and make a commitment to not do it again. It can even be a learning experience for souls who take advantage of it. We learn what not to do by making mistakes, right? It is just another lesson. If it becomes a habit - which for most souls it does not - than the birthing guides address this by the structure of the souls lives and sometimes their spiritual growth may be a bit slower than others due to this. I think for some souls who are in truly intractable pain and/or debilitation without any possible end in sight suicide is permissible. People have to be very honest with themselves and their guides/god/inner self about where to draw that line so that they are not being rash. But I am a proponent for assisted suicide in some cases. Also, souls that suicide while they are mentally ill or in a psychotic state I sense are not held accountable because they were not truly in touch with themselves or with reality. Again, its very individual - but souls will judge their spiritual progress not just on how they ended their lives but also how they lived it.

EverythingAllowed
26-08-2011, 02:45 PM
alleigh-- i am so sorry to hear this. i committed suicide in a past life, so while I can't even begin to fathom your grief, I can understand what your aunt went through. Having been back for a few incarnations since that life, and having gone through a past life and life between lives regression, I can say that your aunt was met on the other side by souls who love her unconditionally and that the pain she felt in this lifetime went away as soon as she returned home.

I can tell you unequivocally that when you commit suicide you are not 'punished' for it in the afterlife and that my experience of 'karma' from the suicide was more about learning how people would be able to forgive me and how to forgive myself than it was about being 'punished' for what i'd done.

if you want to talk more, send me a private message. I'm more than happy to answer questions from the perspective of someone who made the decision your aunt did, but i'm also just happy to listen if you need someone to talk to.

doryn10
16-09-2011, 08:47 PM
My Condolences to your family. So sorry.

Summerlander
16-09-2011, 09:58 PM
My aunt committed suicide in a very violent way yesterday. We are all shocked and in an immense state of grief.

Now I believe she she is home where she needs to be and is at peace. I pray that for her anyway.

I want to talk and talk and talk. I am in disbelief that this is happening to my family. I am so sad. I have cried all day and am so weak right now.

I cry for my uncle, my two cousins, my mom who has lost her sister.

I cry because I have been there and have been fortunate enough to come through the other side of it.

And I never ever thought I'd be part of the surviving family of a suicide victim.

My stepfather committed suicide too. I started having strange vivid dreams afterwards where he would come to visit me but he looked sad and he had phantom black bags attached to his torso which seemed to weigh him down.

When he was alive he once said to me that if there is an afterlife, he would try to prove it to the living when his time came.

Later, I'd have more dreams and one in particular where he told me that "it is all true". Then, he started coming to me in happier moods and looking younger and more alive. This was before I found out about OOBEs and lucid dreams.

When I decided to visit him for the first time in an OOBE, I seemed to have surprised him in his own world where he was living out some fantasy. Later, he would cry to me and tell me that he regretted what he did. I patted him on the back and told him that everyone makes mistakes and that nobody blamed him. That seemed to cheer him up.

After that, he would surprise me in lucid dreams and once he even asked me how I could visit him. I told him about OOBEs and he seemed interested.

Anyway, as I became more experienced it just seemed to easy to visit him. It made me feel really good and it has been very beneficial for me in terms of getting over his death (whether it was really him or not). He has also told me things that checked out in real life but I can never be sure if it was coincidence or product of the subconscious reservoir.

These days I don't visit him any more but I might again...like seeing an old friend...

I don't think there is any punishment in death. Mistakes can also be beneficial. there is a lesson learned in everything. And let's face it, whether there is an afterlife or not...the deceased are still winning.

Suffering comes from living and, although there are those of us that endure this experience and get the most out of it...others cannot take it any more (or they believe that they can't).

LadyImpreza1111
20-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Heh. I just got done writing a post earlier about how my life has been dogged by suicides. If you want to talk and talk and talk, I am here; just PM me.

I disagree with SteffMarshall but I can also see the point he/she is making. It's a two-sided coin. It's not that your aunt lost faith in God; it's that your aunt was overwhelmed with human existence and wanted nothing more than to go back to God. This does not make one weak or a looser. Isn't it what we all long for? Yet yes, there is that flip side.... why take such a short cut like that? For those left living, that is the very question to ponder.

If you believe in reincarnation then it may console you to consider your aunt chose a very challenging path for this incarnation. She may have chosen to kill herself as a sacrifice for the rest of you that she loved, for lessons you all needed to learn to grow. In other words, she agreed to leave this world when she did, because it was all a part of a grand master plan, for the rest of you who are her One.

Or she simply took on more than she could handle, got overwhelmed, and went back for a rest. To stay on the other side from here on out, learning lessons from afar, watching and learning from afar, from a safer distance, through your lessons instead of experiencing them directly herself.

Just please whatever you believe, know that she is just fine, she may not be here in form, but she IS very much here. In ever breath you take. If you miss her, breath her in from the air. The molecules you breath in may transform their way into tears coursing down your face, and that is all as well... they evaporate, go back into the air, become clouds, rain down, filter through the ground, become the water you drink and a critical part of you.

Hugs and much love. I'm here, if you want to talk. Talk on and on to me all you want. Been there, done that. Over and over...

I could not have said this better myself!

Celeste
24-09-2011, 04:05 AM
So sorry for you and your family.

Solace733
24-09-2011, 04:14 AM
:hug: I am so sorry for your loss and if it brings you any comfort at all to know you are not alone (my grandpa shot himself, and i have had a few close friends commit suicide) I am so sorry for what you are going through. We are here for you, and for those that have experienced similar, we understand.:icon_frown: Please take at least a little comfort in this.
If you need to talk, i would be more than happy to just listen.

Solace733
24-09-2011, 04:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I too, know what it's like to lose a family member to suicide. It kind of sounds like you're still in the state of shock stage. It isn't easy getting through all the different stages of grieving, but things will eventually get better. Hang in there and just try to take it one day at a time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I just wanted to give you a :hug: too for what you have been through Trieah

Solace733
24-09-2011, 04:17 AM
My condolences, Alleigh...My cousin committed suicide last year after a battle with Alcoholism and it really hurts...I am wishing you and your family well through this hard time.

seeker89

a:hug: for you too seeker. sorry for your loss

Solace733
24-09-2011, 04:23 AM
My stepfather committed suicide too. I started having strange vivid dreams afterwards where he would come to visit me but he looked sad and he had phantom black bags attached to his torso which seemed to weigh him down.

When he was alive he once said to me that if there is an afterlife, he would try to prove it to the living when his time came.

Later, I'd have more dreams and one in particular where he told me that "it is all true". Then, he started coming to me in happier moods and looking younger and more alive. This was before I found out about OOBEs and lucid dreams.

When I decided to visit him for the first time in an OOBE, I seemed to have surprised him in his own world where he was living out some fantasy. Later, he would cry to me and tell me that he regretted what he did. I patted him on the back and told him that everyone makes mistakes and that nobody blamed him. That seemed to cheer him up.

After that, he would surprise me in lucid dreams and once he even asked me how I could visit him. I told him about OOBEs and he seemed interested.

Anyway, as I became more experienced it just seemed to easy to visit him. It made me feel really good and it has been very beneficial for me in terms of getting over his death (whether it was really him or not). He has also told me things that checked out in real life but I can never be sure if it was coincidence or product of the subconscious reservoir.

These days I don't visit him any more but I might again...like seeing an old friend...

I don't think there is any punishment in death. Mistakes can also be beneficial. there is a lesson learned in everything. And let's face it, whether there is an afterlife or not...the deceased are still winning.

Suffering comes from living and, although there are those of us that endure this experience and get the most out of it...others cannot take it any more (or they believe that they can't).

sorry for your loss too.:hug:

Solace733
24-09-2011, 04:33 AM
I am not crying, just trying to be there for another since i have been through similar... when your grandfather shoots himself, and when your friend jumps infront of a train... it kinda changes your outlook on suicide, karma or not... i am trying to provide comfort to someone who needs it now.. and the hugs i gave were in mutual understanding and connecting as human beings. I always have good intent. I do not believe she or i need any lectures at all, instead understanding, comfort and acceptance.
I am not understanding your lack of compassion.

jturk
24-09-2011, 05:46 AM

i wish you the best & i really wish there were something i could say to soothe the pain. much love & hope to you and your family.

(((hug)))

Neville
24-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Look at my name. Does it ring a bell to you?
A Deity worshipper of sorts I believe a devotee of Paramahansa Yogananda. As with some devotees, there can be a tendency toward fanatacism and indeed to become overtaken and subsumed within the belief system.

Theres no harm in it, but they do have a tendency to profess a little and a usually so enthusiastically that they drop pearls of wiisdom all over the place, like seagulls on a beach, only it's not pearls that seagulls drop.

Oh well.

stillwater29
24-09-2011, 01:03 PM
I feel that the soul in continuous, it always lives on, I feel that although in one lifetime you may commit suicide i believe that you can reincarnate into another. No one can judge on this except for the creator. No one knows why your auntie did what she did. I believe each soul goes through events to make it grow.
My thoughts are with you and your family

Solace733
24-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Look at my name. Does it ring a bell to you?

No, I am sorry it does not, as we have never conversed before. However, if you mean in a higher sense of your screenname, i can appreciate your devotion to an extent.

(i understand if you were trying to say one should not be attached to death as spiritual death does not exist etc. in some people's views. Of course i understand those concepts, however, in the midst of the raw present for the original post, emotion, heart, shock etc. tend to take over, understandably so -in my opinion. It will take time for her or anyone else experiencing similar to heal from such an event. In the meantime, if i were going through it right now, i would appreciate understanding and compassion. To each his own... We are all entitled to our views which makes the human experience so intriguing.

Take care.

Solace733
24-09-2011, 05:09 PM
A Deity worshipper of sorts I believe a devotee of Paramahansa Yogananda. As with some devotees, there can be a tendency toward fanatacism and indeed to become overtaken and subsumed within the belief system.

Theres no harm in it, but they do have a tendency to profess a little and a usually so enthusiastically that they drop pearls of wiisdom all over the place, like seagulls on a beach, only it's not pearls that seagulls drop.

Oh well.

~smirks~..........................

glucan
24-09-2011, 06:41 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I agree with stillwater 29, that no one can judge another. What lies beyond is a mystery and you should remember your aunt through the happy memories you and your family shared. I wish you and your family well to get through this difficult time with strength.

MutedBlue
24-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Alleigh, I posted earlier in the thread, but did not offer my sympathies, I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes we are so wrapped up with ourselves we don't always see when another is hurting.

Summerlander
26-09-2011, 10:23 PM
sorry for your loss too.:hug:

Thanks. Much appreciated. :hug2:

Tonna
30-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi alleigh, sending you a big hug, know what is like to lose someone...

Smiler
30-09-2011, 05:21 PM
alleigh

Sending you a hug and sent a prayer up for you and your love ones.

Sorry to hear of your loss

XX

emalie
01-10-2011, 05:38 PM

I believe sincerely that she will be helped to be at peace. Whatever healing is needed she will find.

My heart goes to you and all your loved ones at this time.

emalie

Solace733
01-10-2011, 07:13 PM
I am not crying, just trying to be there for another since i have been through similar... when your grandfather shoots himself, and when your friend jumps infront of a train... it kinda changes your outlook on suicide, karma or not... i am trying to provide comfort to someone who needs it now.. and the hugs i gave were in mutual understanding and connecting as human beings. I always have good intent. I do not believe she or i need any lectures at all, instead understanding, comfort and acceptance.
I am not understanding your lack of compassion.

hmm... updating this post as it was in reply to another who was being inconsiderate..and invalidating others feelings... and now his posts have been deleted, so mine ^ is not making sense lol... anyway, just wanted to add that this was intended towards the deleted posts/ poster, not to anyone else in this thread:smile:

duckstar
03-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Im so sorry to hear of your loss, suicide is something that should be talked about more than it is. Im sure that the spirit realm is taking care of her and i truly hope you find some peace. Please talk as much as you want to about your aunty and get any feelings you have out there for us all to help you through, much love xoxoxo

duckstar
03-10-2011, 07:06 AM
I would like to send love and light to all of you that have left comments on this thread, alot of you have lost so much and still find the strength to consol and support others in need, you are all such wonderful people x

hawkmoth65
03-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Question. Are you saying that all people who commit suicide are just spiritual seekers who what to return to God?

My Stepdad committed suicide after his new doctor changed his depression medication three times in one month. Even after this new doctor been warned by the previous doctor to never change the medication, because of a prior history of attempting suicide after the meds were changed, he still did it anyway, telling my Stepdad that he just wasn't even trying to get better.

I'm sorry, but I do think mental illness most certainly can drive a person to taking their own life.I can vouch for this as I attempted suicide back in 1989.I didn't feel that I wanted to return to God,in fact I had no idea where I was going,it was just that life had become so unbearable that death seemed the only way to escape from what I was going through.The idea of being a 'spiritual seeker' is utterly alien to me,I was 23 and had never heard of such a concept.

Solace733
03-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I would like to send love and light to all of you that have left comments on this thread, alot of you have lost so much and still find the strength to consol and support others in need, you are all such wonderful people x

Just wanted to give you a :hug: thank you

nevermind
03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
my thoughts are with you............

HallowsEve
08-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm so sorry. my close friend just took her own life so I know how you feel. I know these words are meaningless, but I just wanted to reply. Keep strong xxx

emalie
09-10-2011, 06:28 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. As someone who has survived a suicide attempt I have had to learn how precious life really is in order to keep going. Some days it is all I can do to just get up but after trying to give up, I fight to keep going. I have battled my own demons and I never look down on anyone who feels they cant cut it in the real world. Life is hard and we are going to mourn our losses but please know they she is finally at peace. The wonderful thing about God is that He is always loving and always forgiving. Find peace with that.
I like your words, and I like your signature.
“We are not human beings seeking a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings living a human experience.”
Pierre Teilhard De Chardin
I have been strongly drawn to suicide a few times but fortunately not succumbed to the attempt. I believe too strongly in spirit, that there is a reason for my being in the world. Having been told that I had incurable cancer a year ago (longer than I was given to live) to save my family the heartache of preparing my funeral service, I wrote my own, and the brochures as well (not a hard thing for me to do). On the brochures is the exact same quote by Pierre Teilhard De Chardin (though I left out "Pierre" - I hadn't realized that his first name was Pierre)
(BTW I mention my reason for using the quote, but I'm not seeking counsel about the cancer etc. I'm fine, surprisingly free of any symptoms etc. Thanks)
emalie

emalie
10-10-2011, 12:42 AM

A *lot* of love coming to you alleigh :hug2: :hug:
I totally believe that your aunt is being healed now as we speak. That's what happens to people who suicide. As you say elsewhere, those people don't do it lightly. It is only after they have suffered too much pain phsycially or emotionally, and others don't always know how much till afterward. And you're not just a person who is the nephew of someoine who suicided. You are a person whose loved one found the only answer they could to end their pain. By all means, share much love with your family and receive it openly. You need that. I'm so glad to see how many here are so ready to give it to you, and some who have experienced what you have.

All our hearts go out to you.

Talk, alleigh, and keep talking till you run out of breath. Keep talking till the pain eases.

emalie

Ahimsa
12-10-2011, 05:01 AM
My understanding of suicide is that it's a karmic vortex of sorts- when beings go in this direction it's just like anything else- it's a step, a part of the path. The issue with suicide is that the energetics behind it don't suddenly disappear when the person dies. As many people are aware the soul goes on, carrying with it all the karmic matter it didn't have the opportunity to work through in life. Suicide is a heavy karma and it follows a soul from one life into the next. When a person commits suicide s/he doesn't transcend the suicide karma in that lifetime- so it has to be dealt with later.
My understanding of the suffering of the soul post suicide is that there is the opportunity to witness all the pain and suffering caused by the suicide. The one who has died experiences these sensations energetically in death, and it can be quite unpleasant. Yet it is necessary, it's a part of the process. We can't deny that grieving in the wake of suicide is very, very hard. I think the best thing we can do for our loved ones who have gone out that way is pray for them, offer them compassion and forgiveness, and unconditional love.
Another thing I think of with suicide is that the soul has the opportunity to view aspects of reality that were not readily accessible to view during his/her lifetime. For example, a soul may witness the great outpouring of love that occurs when people learn of his/her suicide. Many who kill themselves feel utterly alone. And when the soul gains consciousness of the amount of love involved, the being may have a moment of understanding and attempt to latch back into life. Unfortunately, because this is impossible, the soul may become trapped in limbo, earthbound until s/he is ready to let go into the light and/or reincarnate. That is why suicide can generate troubled ghosts.
I lost my twin flame to suicide, and I had the opportunity to witness the process because I was so close to him. He did go into the light, but it was after a lot of suffering and pain. I read to him from a book called "Who Dies?" by Stephen Levine, and that seemed to help.
I have no doubt that your love for your family member will transmit to her. The truth is that she is still with you, even now. And yes, she is being healed. There is unconditional compassion and acceptance from God and the angels and all the energy of the Divine for those who have died by suicide. The challenge lies not in the availability of forgiveness by others, but in the soul's own ability to forgive itself, to have compassion and acceptance for itself and the choice that was made.
May you feel peace in your heart; may your loved one be at peace.

primrose
14-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Alleigh, sorry for your loss, send loving thoughts to your aunt, believe that time heals all wounds. This is the place to talk, there are a lot of wise people on here to help.

MMM
16-10-2011, 11:54 AM
my nephew too committed suicide and this left his mother, my sister, deeply depressed, to the point of her going bald
grieving is a process that has stages - you will need to talk, cry, listen, get mad, etc (it will take time)
but god is not vengeful or punishing
suicide victims are healed and they will be re-united with their loved ones later
god heals all
unlike the last post, i do not believe suicides can turn into ghosts - god does not loose his children, the power of the light when we die is so strong no one can resist it, who would want to stay here when they ever catch even the smallest glimpse of the light? no one
god heals all

matt1973
27-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss and sorry also for resurrecting this old post that seems to have run its natural course. Being a newbie, I felt I had to comment on this.

Without knowing exactly why your relative decided they had no option but to end their life, it is difficult to offer any insight or explanation, but I do have some understanding of suicide. I suffer with bipolar disorder (or manic depression as it used to be known) and suicidal thoughts are something I have to deal with on an almost daily basis - often for no reason at all. When I was in my teenage years I actually attempted suicide myself.

The truth is there is no rational explanation for suicide. People, including myself, try and make sense of something that simply doesn't make any sense. Something just happens inside your mind that overrides your natural instinct to survive and stay alive. It's not a nice place to be, but one hopes that those who do feel that they have no alternative but to take their own lives, will find peace in the spirit world that they were unable to find here on mother earth.

itsme1672
18-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Reading the replies...I found it sad people telling victims of suicide that they didn't have faith in God. Maybe God simply couldn't help him. Picture yourself dying a slow painful death that last 7 years, it happens you don't have health insurance, and your name isn't Steve Jobs, so you will be in agonizing pain day in day out. One day, you can't take it anymore and overdose or jump of a building...You simply can't take more pain, pain where is no solution for, and I am not talking about psychological pain but physical pain. I personally don't believe that psychological pain is good reason to end your life, since there are so many remedies for that.

Lynn
18-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Hello

I have worked with many in that place of physical or emotional pain and seeing no light at the end of that tunnel. Until we are put in that place we do not know how we would react or what we would do. I have been in that place of pain where I called out "Ok God take me now I am DONE" and I do not beleive in God....its a state of mind one gets to where one wants litterally out of pain. I understand that place.

It is sad that we live in times where life and even death has such a price tag attached to it. Where ones's feel that burden on family or society in general but too in all there are always lessons and learnings along that path.

As a Medium I have been asked to contact the spirits of LOVed ones' that have by one's own hand gone to the other side....and some are very devout to their faith....and they are just fine. I do not feel that God makes that choice on whom stays and whom goes, more I feel that we all have our TIME here and when we are done we do truly go....if that be by one's hand that simply be the time.

Growing up and not understand the voices I heard in me head and what I saw and felt I did think I was headed for the house on the hill, and I did start down that road of ending it all. I know understand what I be and while its not maybe the preceived normal I am quite normal.

I know well both sides of the same coin, what the mental brain is and what the pain brain is....and both can put one to that point of DONE ! God does not judge one in this nor does it stop one along one's path. That is where man was given free will.

I would never be able to give someone that final dose to go but I can and have had to say ok time to turn off the power.....its not easy to do.

Lynn

Occultist
19-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Julie Zalinski, a woman from Reading, Berkshire, England, was traumatized when her boyfriend, 53-year-old Adrian Rowland killed himself while talking with her via Skype, the Mirror reports.

Zalinski told the paper she and her friend watched in horror as Rowland slashed his wrists and slit his throat and stomach while on a business trip in New Delhi, India.

“He walked into the kitchen, grabbed a glass and smashed it on the table then stuck it straight into his neck," Zalinski told the paper. "He was holding his bloodied wrist out to the screen. He wanted us to see. I don’t think he realised he was bleeding."

In shock, Zalinkski called the police in the U.K. in the hopes that they could contact authorities in New Delhi, according to the Oxford Mail.

Unfortunately, Indian law prevented authorities from breaking into Rowland's room, meaning he was left to die from his injuries.

Zalinski said she believes the incident is the result of a mental breakdown.

“He was just in a complete state. He was sweating profusely and his eyes were just staring," Zalinski told the Oxford Mail.

“He kept saying ‘they are going to get me, they are going to get me.'”

According to the Oxford Times, the 53-year-old's cause of death was listed as heavy blood loss resulting from the self-inflicted injuries.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/573406/thumbs/s-ADRIAN-ROWLAND-large.jpg

We should not be judging these people but we should not be okaying this behavior either. This is sick the man was clearly unstable no way could this be a part of spiritual development for him. Maybe we can learn something.

There is no proof God even exists let alone judges or doesnt judge.
In Jewish teaching, the prohibition of suicide is not contained in the sixth command*ment: "Thou shalt not kill" (Exodus 20: 13 and Deuteronomy 5: 17). Obviously it does not follow from the fact that a man may not take the life of another that he may not take his own life.

There is, in fact, no direct prohibition of suicide in the Bible. In the Talmud (Bava Kama 91b), however, the prohibition is arrived at by a process of exegesis on the verse: "and surely your blood of your lives will I require" (Genesis 9: 5), interpreted as: "I will require your blood if you yourselves shed it." It is possible that there is no direct prohibition because very few people of sound mind would be inclined to commit suicide in any event.

So it is God's law that you should not kill yourself and if you are indeed a Christian and believe that Yehwa was in fact Jesus/Yeshua's father then you should maybe believe and respect his laws.

Personal opinions aside we can all agree that it would not be fun to watch.
So my suggestion is if you feel strongly that someone should not be alive and should commit suicide you should watch them take there own life. Maybe pay perview it? Or make them fight for it Hunger games style. Or have an award for best suicide of the year?

akhileshneo
19-04-2012, 10:48 AM
I am very saddened about hearing loss of your loved ones. God blesses are always with you.

itsme1672
05-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Picture yourself like this: You have a very painful incurable illness, no health insurance, physical pain day in day out. Because of this illness, you end up homeless. Ever since you got this illness, you don't remember much other than pain. The prognosis is, a long slow painful death that can last possibly 20 or 30 years. My question to you is: would you want to live or die?

Coming2
05-05-2012, 03:48 AM
That is probably the most interesting question I have had to ponder in some time. Life and death is a series of difficult and painful choices, Some times the life we are given is far more painful than joyous.I am not am advocate for euthanasia but when a life is lived with more pain with joy then I feel that when all else has failed it is is a viable opportunity.

itsme1672
08-05-2012, 01:07 AM
First off all..that's a great quote "“We are not human beings seeking a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings living a human experience.”

Furthermore about physical suffering. A friend of mine is in chronic pain already for 14 years, her suffering was caused by a surgeon who butchered her foot. She sleeps barely 4 hours, week. She is a firm believer in God and doesn't believe that ending life is appropriate. Personally I hate to see her suffering, and I can't imagine God won't forgive her for taking such an act.
To me physical suffering is different than emotional suffering, since I don't see any spiritual advantage in physical suffering. Emotions are tightly integrated with our spirit, there fore I think it's almost always the wrong choice to end your life because of depression. Speaking for myself, ever since an MD me up, I am in severe pain, no cure no remedy, and ever since there is nothing but physical pain. I am not able to care, share, enjoy because of the physical pain, and certainly not to grow spiritually. When there is nothing but physical pain, there is not spiritual growth. But hey, I am all ears if people can convince me of the opposite.

CatChild
08-05-2012, 03:50 AM
First off all..that's a great quote "“We are not human beings seeking a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings living a human experience.”

Furthermore about physical suffering. A friend of mine is in chronic pain already for 14 years, her suffering was caused by a surgeon who butchered her foot. She sleeps barely 4 hours, week. She is a firm believer in God and doesn't believe that ending life is appropriate. Personally I hate to see her suffering, and I can't imagine God won't forgive her for taking such an act.
To me physical suffering is different than emotional suffering, since I don't see any spiritual advantage in physical suffering. Emotions are tightly integrated with our spirit, there fore I think it's almost always the wrong choice to end your life because of depression. Speaking for myself, ever since an MD me up, I am in severe pain, no cure no remedy, and ever since there is nothing but physical pain. I am not able to care, share, enjoy because of the physical pain, and certainly not to grow spiritually. When there is nothing but physical pain, there is not spiritual growth. But hey, I am all ears if people can convince me of the opposite.

Physical pain is Very difficult to ignore. Emotional and mental pain in the equivalent (to me) as I tend to feel my mental and emotional pain on a physical level. I struggle with allowing myself to feel my emotions for this reason-

I would have to say though there are techniques such as Reiki which can lessen your physical pain to a level of tolerance or even have it diminish completely. Perhaps you'd benefit from a Reiki treatment.

With regards to suicide, I view it as a personal choice to be honest. While I think it's very selfish to leave those behind who will be left with the feelings, I also see it as a means of relief for those who do it. All things in life are for further evolutionary training- how we respond to our triggers and our environment. What we choose to do. There's no point in judging though because it's futile and a waste of precious energy.

Nightmare
09-05-2012, 09:52 PM
The person who can't live a full life and has no prospects won't feel good even if has no physical pain.
There're situations when suicide is permissible.
Besides, the person who has no family and responsible affairs has right to commit suicide even if has no grave reason.

MRDazzle
13-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Alleigh, I can sympathize with you. I lost my Aunt in the same violent way. On my birthday 1.5 years ago. We were all in a state of disbelief and wonder. I went through a period where I was mad at her selfish behavior for doing this to our family, not long after the grieving part. Til this day, I wonder if her energy is stuck here in this house with us waiting to go to the light because it still effects our household here. She was living with us at the time. I'm sorry you had to go through that. That is really really hard to deal with and to understand why. It is so hard to vocalize an inward pain and sense of doom. Please feel free to release and not hold it in.. Maybe your Aunt didn't have someone to talk to, but you do. Sending healing thoughts of peace your way.

ronald001
17-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Now a days, suicide is a black page in our history. many of people comitted suicide for minor obstacles in life. I want to tell all u friends "Life is a miracle" and it is a God gift. But on the otherhand, i think that we cannot easily understand their problems and mentalability of that persons wo commit suicide.

Gr4ssh0pp3r
17-05-2012, 08:02 PM
I think suicide is generally a bad option, at this point, in the universe. It is such a complex topic, but, since I feel highly positive about the future, I hate to see people not participating in it --- with their current bodies, if possible.

HeavenlyKevinly
18-05-2012, 05:37 AM
Think of the times you've spent with her, close your eyes and visualize her. The image you just imagined are the photons that bounced of of your aunts face which originated from the sun or any other source of light at that very moment you were with her. Those light particles curved around her face and engulfed your aunt, which you then captured inside your eyes trapping those particles inside you, for as long as you preserve that memory.