PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation Yes, But From Where

dunno
14-07-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm new to this board. So maybe this idea has been discussed already, and maybe even hashed to death. Or maybe not?

I honestly can't say that I do believe in reincarnation. At least not in that sense that we're living multiple lives in order to work our way to Heaven, or God, or however you care to conceptualize that idea. Indeed, I was raised in religion that only doesn't believe in reincarnation, but it's so against the idea that it isn't even mentioned. But that doesn't stop me from thinking about it. However, as I said, I don't believe we're working our way to Heaven. And yet, I do tend to believe we have had more than one life. But, and here is what I want to know what the rest of you think. I don't believe that these past lives necessarily happened on Earth. I mean they took place on other planets.

We live in a unique time. Never before has mankind had the knowledge that our little planet exists in what we THINK is endless space. We don't even KNOW this for a fact, but at this time we believe it is most likely true. Assuming it is, what else is out there? I think that some where out there, and not very close to us, are planets with other life on them. I believe there is a God who created all this. To me it is silly, at best, to think that God created an endless universe to only put life on one planet. I really don't know what God is doing. But I think He's growing beings whom He can then trust with immortality. From what I think I know, once upon a very long time ago, God created many beings as immortal. He just gave them that, without any testing or purification. And apparently 1/3 of them rebelled against Him, creating what has been an endless problem. The only solution to the problem goes against the very nature of God. I do believe God is Love. Love is the nature of God. What a terrible thing to have to harm any of His life that He created. But this isn't what I want to discuss.

As part of the solution to making sure this never happens again, God needs to test any being whom He wants to give immortality to. And that's why we're here. We're being both tested and purified. Unfortunately for us, purification is a painful process. I don't think one lifetime is enough to do this with most, if not all souls (or spirits). I honestly don't know if there's a difference between a soul and a spirit, and if there is, what the difference is.

So the question is, if you do believe in past lives, do you believe that they took place on another world out there, or do you only think they happened on Earth?

I might as well say this too. I love Star Trek, and from the very first episode, I wanted to see that day come for mankind as much as anyone could. But that was a long time ago. I no longer believe it will ever come. I don't think it is meant for our species to have access to space travel. Considering what we do to each other, what would we do to beings who are different from us and live on other worlds. I think you know what I mean. Here in America we are a little tolerant, and a little civilized. But in too many places on Earth people are killed, tortured, and made to suffer because someone else either enjoys doing it to them, wants what they have, or is just plain ole intolerant of them because they're different. This is the way mankind is. And given this, do you really believe we should be allowed to travel to other worlds, and meet beings who may as different from us as night and day. But they may still be conscious, self aware, living beings who can love, feel pain, and do everything we can. So I don't believe we will ever achieve space travel.

But we may have lived on those other worlds in another life. What you all think?

Jack

Enlightener
15-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Heaven is here now. Unless it isn't. You decide.

We are multi-dimensional beings, so we are in fact living multiple lives, while living this one right here on Earth, and at the same time living on other planets, and in other dimensions. I'm kind of on the fence about reincarnation at this point, so won't comment.

We have, in fact, already achieved space travel, in varying degrees as well. I think it is highly possible that we will achieve the kind of space travel that can get us to other solar systems and galaxies, planets and such. But it will come with time, whether or not we are ready for these tools is still to be decided, and really depends on one's opinion of what the human race is up to.

Blessings,
Ema

Jeff4freedom
19-07-2011, 01:52 AM
There is too much here for me to reply to right now,
but I thought I'd address the "space Travel idea.

I grew up surrounded by "Space Travel"
My Dad worked at NASA, and my Mom at Lockheed Missile and Space.
I met some astronauts.
I was surrounded by the whole scene...

Now here is the thing about Space Travel that has been kept pretty much a secret from the General Public.

Yes, humans tend to be born over and over on Earth.

Our souls are actually tied to the Earth....

Our "Reality"....
our Sanity for that matter is held together very tightly bound with the Earth.
Our ego's are held together by our Proximity to the Planet.

Something you don't hear a lot about is that a lot of astronauts had serious problems holding their sanity together after a prolonged bout in space....
even just a little ways out.

"Worldly" people.... "Well Travelled " folks who tend to have a broader perspective...... on life..... it's been hypothesized that this is from seeing many different places and having many different experiences.... However the fact is just the physical movement across the planet..... broadens one's perspective.
We are born with a certain specific Placement in THE WEB of Life.
That placement is upon the Earth....
and even on certain areas of the Earth....
and movement from our Point of origin......
loosens our ego's grip.

My Teacher told me something a long time ago I thought was very interesting.
He said that there were no "Intergalactic Invaders"...
no aliens out to get us....
He said that aggression was an expression of ego....
and that no ego could hold together if it drastically changed position in the Web.

Lot's of astronauts had major "spiritual experiences" just going as far as the moon.
Others just went freakin NUTS.
One way some folks look at "spiritual" is as ego destruction....
and as our Illusions fall,
we certainly become more Spiritual.

SO the catch with Space Travel is

only the very Enlightened can handle it.

Trippy Huh?

dunno
19-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Hi Jeff,

Actually I had read this, some where, back around 1991. I read something about this idea that we're tied to the Earth by invisible bonds. And I think (not certain) that the author also said the part about some of the astronauts having mental and emotional problems when they were in space, which the author believed got worse as they traveled further from the Earth. Once I thought about this for a while, it made perfect sense to me. Even just thinking about that the Bible says God made us from the ground of the Earth, then that makes sense with we need the Earth to remain sane. I think that most of the things in the Bible have some kind of truth to them. As you go further back in the Bible, I think you have to realize that things can't be taken as the literal words seem to make it sound. So I'm not saying that we're the actual ground of our planet, but in some way if we need this planet to survive, it adds credibility to what the Bible says. And while I'm on this, one afternoon I accidentally put on a half hour TV show that has a Catholic Priest and a Jewish Rabbi as the hosts. That day the guest was a scientist who studies the Cosmos. I forget what we call them. This particular scientist is what you call a creation scientist. He believes in what we discover through our scientific methods, but he also believes what the Bible says. He said some VERY interesting things. I had never heard these things before, and I think this man is onto what the truth is. He was talking about the 7 days creation idea. Obviously, that's not meant to be 7 literal days. He said the Big Bang theory fits perfectly with the creation of light. Before the Big Bang happened, the pull of the gravity holding the primordial mass together was said to be so strong that even light can't escape. Just like with a Black Hole. So when God said Let there be light, and there was light, that was when the Bang occurred. I thought that was an ingenious interpretation. He also said that hither to Galileo and the modern telescopes, man believed the Cosmos to be static, unmoving, and that everything is where it is since forever. We now believe everything is moving, and he explained that in terms of something the Bible says that doesn't seem possible neither. So the astronauts going crazy away from the Earth makes sense to me. But tell me, since this is so, how is it we are planning a manned mission to Mars? Those astronauts won't be back for several years, am I right in this?

Jeff, I hope you comment on some of my other ideas. I was really hoping for more discussion than I've seen. I was expecting the people who come here to be into my wild, far out (literally) ideas. I mean I can go say this stuff in a local church, and have rocks thrown at me. I can say it in a local community meeting and half the people will get up and leave, and the rest will have fallen asleep. lol I thought there'd be some interest here.

Ema, no this isn't Heaven. This is Earth. I think Heaven is a real place. I mean God's Heaven. It exists. When you say Heaven is here, what do you mean? If you mean that in the same sense as Jesus meant the Kingdom of God is within us, then yes, it's here. But He was talking figuratively. Or He was referring to the Holy Spirit. You also said it depends on what the human race is up to. I hate to say it, but the majority of the human race is up to no good. :icon_frown: But maybe that's wrong. I keep forgetting I live in America, and it may not be that different in Australia. I should have said the majority of the human race is up to trying to survive on what's basically an inhospitable planet. I shudder to think what my fellow civilized American would do if there was no electricity, running water, stores with food in them, etc. In that sense most people scare me.

Jack :wav: I love these things :smile:

ROM
19-07-2011, 05:33 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but we achieved space travel many years ago. Our technology is more advanced than you imagine, but of course it's all withheld for silly reasons. We definitely need to be more spiritually/socially mature before truly understanding the nature of what technology is capable of. I think one of the crucial crossroads for mankind is to decide if they want technology to serve or to dominate; progression or destruction.

Life will develop and evolve in any condition and planet that permits it. So we aren't alone, that's for sure. There are probably billions of earth-like planets in our galaxy alone, all inhabited by other humans like ourselves, each on their own journey. You're right, not everyone has to incarnate on earth; it's different for each individual and whatever serves to benefit them most is how they will decide.

If you don't like the concept of re-incarnation or are only acting on what you've been brought up to believe, well that's your choice. But just make sure it's your own truth and not someone else's.

Enlightener
19-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Ema, no this isn't Heaven. This is Earth. I think Heaven is a real place. I mean God's Heaven. It exists. When you say Heaven is here, what do you mean? If you mean that in the same sense as Jesus meant the Kingdom of God is within us, then yes, it's here. But He was talking figuratively. Or He was referring to the Holy Spirit. You also said it depends on what the human race is up to. I hate to say it, but the majority of the human race is up to no good. :icon_frown: But maybe that's wrong. I keep forgetting I live in America, and it may not be that different in Australia. I should have said the majority of the human race is up to trying to survive on what's basically an inhospitable planet. I shudder to think what my fellow civilized American would do if there was no electricity, running water, stores with food in them, etc. In that sense most people scare me.

(hee hee, he called me Ema)

Jesus was talking literally. He was literally saying that you find heaven within you, not without.

He was referring to the Holy Spirit in the sense that it is here now, right within you, it is not out somewhere having a cocktail with Zeus and Paraclesius. It is all around, inside and out.

Hewasn't referring to anything subjective, actually, it was direct suggestion to look within, it's a real world example of how to find God.

Enltyerna

dunno
19-07-2011, 09:44 PM
ROM, the kind of space travel I was referring to would be faster than the speed of light travel. If you think we know how to do that ... well ... then you're in with the same kind of people who think we have a cure for cancer and refuse to use it. Or possibly you take Star Trek even more seriously than I do. I grew up with Star Trek. I remember the pre Star Trek world. It was actually quite different. And as much as I hate to say this, I know someone in his late 40's that still believes God created an endless universe only to put life on 1 planet. I almost fell off my chair. This guy is so intelligent in so many other ways. However, when discussing things like this we have to be very careful in what we're saying. I fully believe there is life on other planets. I have no doubts about it. But can I say I know this for a fact? No. I wish I could. I think it was Carl Sagan who once said, shortly before he died, that he wants to believe there is other life out there more than anyone else he knew. But being a good scientist he had to say we just do not know this for a fact. Even though the reasons to believe it's true are many. Until we know, we can only believe it's true. But ROM, I think you are being rather narrow minded in saying that life is human, just like us. Now that's something I doubt.

Enltyerna, is that your name :confused: I'm glad I gave you cause to chuckle. :smile: Laughter brightens the soul. I agree with what you're saying Jesus meant. But I still believe there is a real place, and this is a place we call Heaven. As I just told ROM, since I have no facts it's simply something I believe. And whether anyone else chooses to believe it or not is immaterial. As my favorite Philosophy professor used to say, "I'm for anything that gets you through the night".
I'm wondering, how often do you come across someone who you think really shows that the Kingdom of God is within them? I have never been to Australia, and I don't know if you've ever been to America. I really can't say I often run into someone who shows that the Kingdom of God is within them. Which of course leads to the idea that it isn't true of most people. I ask God to let me run into such people almost everyday. Sometimes, rarely, I do. And I honestly think I run into some of the better people in this area. Maybe, on the whole, you Aussie's are a better bunch of folks, since you're so isolated from the rest of the world. I hope so. When I look at what America is today, and what it once was, I see more hypocrisy than I can stand. :icon_frown: And I mean both, as it was, and as it is now.

If we do reincarnate into a life on another world, I can only hope it's better than life is here.

Jeff4freedom
19-07-2011, 11:14 PM
OK,
Reincarnation:
I remember quite a few past lives.
I did before I could even speak,
and as a young child I asked my parents about them.
Well of course they told me these huge scenarios in lands where I'd never been ...
was just my imagination.
Pretty wild Imagination.
We didn't have TV back then either to stimulate my imagination before I could talk.
But they told me the angels I conversed with since I was a young child was also my imagination...
and a whole bunch of other stuff.
I saw things they could not see.... so they said it was my imagination.
So like most aware children in an unaware environment, I pushed all those things aside....
I didn't want to be "strange" and figured out right off that I scared the **** out of my parents from the time I was a wee tot.
Well, later in life I met an old guy.... an amazing old dude.
I started telling him about a memory of my past life, it was in the 40's in Tibet.
So I was telling him my memory when he started to correct me.
He was actually there and remembered it better than I did.
In fact things he told me about it.... have had a big impact on my growth.
It's amazing how we repress .... things we don't want to see.
Well he told me the things I had repressed.....
and it actually took me about 20 more years to deal with what he said.....
Up until that point I was pretending that maybe all my very clear memories might just be my imagination....
But when he proved to me he was there...in his current body, while I was in my past life body. My doubt vanished.
In the years since then I have met other people who I share past life memories with.
One woman wrote a book about a lifetime we shared...
There are so many people who remember past lives.... and share past life memories that there really isn't much doubt as to the reality of it.

And what Enlightener said about us being Multi Dimensional beings is .... true.
BUT there is a little more to it actually.
Like I said, we are bound to the Earth.
Our Egos/Soul has a very precise position in the Web, if it is moved from that position .... it falls apart.

And here is the Thing about us being "multi-dimensional" beings.
The Web that we are all points of Light in (you could say)...or you could say "Cells in the Body of God".... is one thing.
God is the totality of all the pieces, just like someone gave an example of drops of water in the ocean. But that isn't the best example. A better example would be to say that God is A Tree, and every cell of that tree is a soul. This is a better example because some cells differentiated off to become roots, or bark or leaves. A leaf is not the bark, the root is not the flower, yet they are all parts of the same thing...... (it's actually the energy we call "free will" that allows the differentiation.)
Anyway being part of a whole we humans are "multidimensional" and our consciousness has the capability of awareness and transport to any other part of the Web.
Same as in the example of the tree.
The Bark can "know" the Roots, or leaves or whatever.
The consciousness can be shared.....

.....But not the physicallity.

The bark can not be the Root.

The human can not live on Mars...

(with a separate sense of self).

But the humans consciousness can travel anywhere.

dunno
20-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for sharing that story. I never met anyone else who claimed to remember a past life as you have. But then again, this is the wonder of the Internet. In the 10 years I have a PC, I have met more people from more interesting places and with more interesting things to say, than I have in my whole life. Which I suppose is to be expected. Luckily I have reached an age where I can handle it. But sometimes I worry about the younger folks, and especially kids. Probably in 20 to 30 years the Internet won't be as accessible to just everyone, as it is now.

I think I already said I didn't come to this board to debate anything. I really did come to listen. I am finding there is one thing I often want to say. And this is that I believe the most important thing concerning God is how we live our lives. To my knowledge all the real religions stress the same codes of behavior. And this is what is most important.

I'm fighting the urge to say a lot of other things. So I'll thank you again for sharing that story, and I'll close for now.

Jack :hug3:

Gracey
20-07-2011, 01:32 AM
There is too much here for me to reply to right now,
but I thought I'd address the "space Travel idea.

I grew up surrounded by "Space Travel"
My Dad worked at NASA, and my Mom at Lockheed Missile and Space.
I met some astronauts.
I was surrounded by the whole scene...

Now here is the thing about Space Travel that has been kept pretty much a secret from the General Public.

Yes, humans tend to be born over and over on Earth.

Our souls are actually tied to the Earth....

Our "Reality"....
our Sanity for that matter is held together very tightly bound with the Earth.
Our ego's are held together by our Proximity to the Planet.

Something you don't hear a lot about is that a lot of astronauts had serious problems holding their sanity together after a prolonged bout in space....
even just a little ways out.

"Worldly" people.... "Well Travelled " folks who tend to have a broader perspective...... on life..... it's been hypothesized that this is from seeing many different places and having many different experiences.... However the fact is just the physical movement across the planet..... broadens one's perspective.
We are born with a certain specific Placement in THE WEB of Life.
That placement is upon the Earth....
and even on certain areas of the Earth....
and movement from our Point of origin......
loosens our ego's grip.

My Teacher told me something a long time ago I thought was very interesting.
He said that there were no "Intergalactic Invaders"...
no aliens out to get us....
He said that aggression was an expression of ego....
and that no ego could hold together if it drastically changed position in the Web.

Lot's of astronauts had major "spiritual experiences" just going as far as the moon.
Others just went freakin NUTS.
One way some folks look at "spiritual" is as ego destruction....
and as our Illusions fall,
we certainly become more Spiritual.

SO the catch with Space Travel is

only the very Enlightened can handle it.

Trippy Huh?

well how about that, i wish one of them would write a book about their experiences.

ROM
20-07-2011, 03:14 AM
ROM, the kind of space travel I was referring to would be faster than the speed of light travel. If you think we know how to do that ... well ... then you're in with the same kind of people who think we have a cure for cancer and refuse to use it. Or possibly you take Star Trek even more seriously than I do. I grew up with Star Trek. I remember the pre Star Trek world. It was actually quite different. And as much as I hate to say this, I know someone in his late 40's that still believes God created an endless universe only to put life on 1 planet. I almost fell off my chair. This guy is so intelligent in so many other ways. However, when discussing things like this we have to be very careful in what we're saying. I fully believe there is life on other planets. I have no doubts about it. But can I say I know this for a fact? No. I wish I could. I think it was Carl Sagan who once said, shortly before he died, that he wants to believe there is other life out there more than anyone else he knew. But being a good scientist he had to say we just do not know this for a fact. Even though the reasons to believe it's true are many. Until we know, we can only believe it's true. But ROM, I think you are being rather narrow minded in saying that life is human, just like us. Now that's something I doubt.

Who knows? They probably do have machines capable of reaching light speed. And as for the cancer theory, I'm not so sure. They may, they may not. We can't know what goes on behind the scenes.

I was more pointing to the fact that other humanoid beings live on other planets, resembling us in a way. I think that is more likely than some 'thing' with three heads, green skin, fangs, etc, all of what's depicted in these sci-fi films.

Jeff4freedom
20-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm pretty sure at least one of them have... I can't remember his name.... , he got really outspoken...does lot's of talks. It might have been Shepherd....no, hmm. maybe.
You can usually find him quoted on UFO forums. You might be able to Google astronaut and religious experience.
I was a telephone installer in Menlo Park Calif for a time, once installed in one of the astronauts homes.... that dude was one of the ones who totally lost it. They actually have a term at NASA for what happens to them, I forget what it was. They eventually had to create some cover story because it was getting too obvious to cover up. NASA has some thing about them not being able to talk about it, but a few have done it anyway.
Both of my parents were in "Intelligence". I only found out recently. It was weird growing up, though I thought it was normal at the time.... but I never had a real conversation with either of my parents. I had hoped my Dad would talk to me when he got older but then he died. I have no hopes my Mom will.
When I was a kid we had an "alien encounter" while driving across the desert at night in Calif. We never talked about it.
You can read about it here, just scroll down to the second post.
http://mysticorbtalismans.blogspot.com/p/coming-out-of-scary-weirdness-closet.html
Anyway like I say we never talked and the closest I ever came to a conversation with either was years later after I left home and was visiting I brought it up. My Dad pulled me outside, told me to never bring it up again, especially around my Mom....showed me a little moon shaped scar by his belly button...... and said it wasn't there before that night. But that was it... I don't know if our lack of conversation was related to their employment in areas where you weren't allowed to talk about things or not. But I imagine the astronauts have some of the same restrictions.

dunno
20-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Well we're off topic now, but so what. I guess this wasn't such a great topic anyway. I think it was like the way my Metaphysics professor started the class. (this is a good one) He asked the class: "who wants to sit here and talk about everything we know absolutely nothing about?" Over half the class raised their hands. But not me. Not because I'm a genius, but because I knew that professor. I knew there'd be a catch to his question, and I didn't want to be the subject of ridicule. The answer was, how can we discuss that which we know absolutely nothing about. I think that's what happened to this question. So on to something else.

Jeff, I also know that NASA and even the regular military is keeping many things secret. Thinking back to when I was 20, around 1970ish, I thought that by now, for sure, aliens would have landed and said Hello. Or worse, blown the kababoozes out of us. But neither has happened. What a disappointment. The question arises as to why. I either said here or else where, that although we have no proof, I think there is other life out there. Who they are, what they want, and so on remains the questions. I think I know a few things that I'm also reluctant to talk about. And perhaps my reluctance is the same as NASA's. Except that since NASA is a government organization, they may start a panic, where the most I can start is people throwing rotten apples at me. I think I mentioned before an intelligent 40+ friend I had who became very upset and angry because I said something like, no half intelligent person would still think God created an endless universe to only put life on 1 planet. At the time this guy was a good friend, and he really got mad at me for saying that. I was apologizing for 2 or 3 days. He's still at the point where he's so closed minded that the thought of life besides us, that was created by the 1 and only God, shook him to his foundation. And if this guy thinks that way, I'm sure there are many more. I bet there are even more like him, than like me or some of you. I tried to reason with that guy, but to no avail. For him, the thought of other life, shakes his religious beliefs. At 1 time it did that to me too. The answer for me, and I say the answer is this. One must realize that there is Only 1 God. I believe there were other beings who visited this planet that pretended to be gods. The Bible calls them gods, because people saw them that way. But they weren't gods. So to get our minds out of the stone age, or more realistically, out of the early 1900's, we have to realize there is only 1 real true God. Once we do that, we can then start to figure out what's going on in the space near our planet. It's upsetting to think some of these beings are abducting us and doing not so nice things to us. Clearly, they are not from God. Another problem I've had with some folks is they refuse to believe there are evil, mean, beings in the universe. I don't see why anyone should find this hard to believe. Being technologically advanced, doesn't guarantee kindness, nor goodness.

What we need on our planet, is for everyone to be kind to each other. Me, being from the hippie generation, is what we were all about. But sadly, the majority of my generation sold out to the system. They stopped being kind to each other. Or maybe they never were. To me the worst thing is when either religious folks, or people who consider themselves as spiritually advanced, are mean, or smug, and do not exhibit brotherly love. This is a terrible thing, but it is the way things are. Yet I still maintain that we can change it. I change it in my life every week. I continue to be kind to others even when it costs me something. Other people often consider me a fool for doing this, but I firmly believe there is a God, and this is what He wants us to do. I have given up on the rest of my generation ever doing this. So in my job I come into contact with young people all the time. I consider them the hope of the world. I talk to them all the time. I try to make them see what I know. I tell them straight out that my generation blew it, Big Time. It's now up to them. I find this younger, new generation to be very smart. Many of them can see the mistakes my generation made. The problem is many of them feel things have gone too far in the wrong directions. Too many think nothing can be done. But not all of them. And I find they get excited and feel encouraged when I tell them they can change the world. Because in truth, my generation changed the world too, but we went the wrong way. I hope the new generations will go the right way, and I encourage them to do so every chance I get. Because I believe that only when we do, will we then maybe find out what's going on in space near our planet. NASA is probably scared to tell us anything and I don't blame them. But in 30 years from now, different people will be running NASA. I say again, when the majority of the this country, and of the 1st world nations really live by brotherly love, and let intelligence rule their emotions, maybe then NASA will tell us what they know. I'll also say this. Don't think NASA nor the government knows exactly what's going on. They too probably have more questions than answers. I don't think mankind will ever have all the answers. I think we won't get them until we leave this mortal life, and only if you're lucky enough to have gained immortality will you know. There is much truth in the Bible. There is also much truth that isn't in the Bible. Anyone who seeks to know one, without the other is a fool. We must seek all truth. We need to try and find out what is going on in space. But we need to remember the truths in the Bible. Because in some way that I'm not completely clear on, they are all true. It all meshes together into one big truth.

Jack :hug3:

Gracey
20-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm pretty sure at least one of them have... I can't remember his name.... , he got really outspoken...does lot's of talks. It might have been Shepherd....no, hmm. maybe.
You can usually find him quoted on UFO forums. You might be able to Google astronaut and religious experience.
I was a telephone installer in Menlo Park Calif for a time, once installed in one of the astronauts homes.... that dude was one of the ones who totally lost it. They actually have a term at NASA for what happens to them, I forget what it was. They eventually had to create some cover story because it was getting too obvious to cover up. NASA has some thing about them not being able to talk about it, but a few have done it anyway.
Both of my parents were in "Intelligence". I only found out recently. It was weird growing up, though I thought it was normal at the time.... but I never had a real conversation with either of my parents. I had hoped my Dad would talk to me when he got older but then he died. I have no hopes my Mom will.
When I was a kid we had an "alien encounter" while driving across the desert at night in Calif. We never talked about it.
You can read about it here, just scroll down to the second post.
http://mysticorbtalismans.blogspot.com/p/coming-out-of-scary-weirdness-closet.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fmysticorbtalismans.blo gspot.com%2Fp%2Fcoming-out-of-scary-weirdness-closet.html)
Anyway like I say we never talked and the closest I ever came to a conversation with either was years later after I left home and was visiting I brought it up. My Dad pulled me outside, told me to never bring it up again, especially around my Mom....showed me a little moon shaped scar by his belly button...... and said it wasn't there before that night. But that was it... I don't know if our lack of conversation was related to their employment in areas where you weren't allowed to talk about things or not. But I imagine the astronauts have some of the same restrictions.

so if leaving the earths affects our minds so much, i would love to know the dna of an alien. i am following on your blog, now, very interesting stuff.