PDA

View Full Version : Do we know when we are going to die?

rainbowcrow
14-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I have heard or read a hand-full of stories of people who somehow knew that they were going to pass at a certain time or age. Some seem to know just a few days or weeks before their death and mention it to another or someone might start talking about how they want their funeral to go and another might start getting their affairs into order.
I have heard also of something that was I think labelled the "death mantel" or something to that effect, and that it appears or surrounds a person about 3 months before the time of death. I wish I could remember where I read it.
Does our soul know when we are going to leave the earthly plane and begin some sort of subtle preparations before passing? If as a soul we have a 'blueprint' of our physical lives, it would make sense that there would be a 'knowing' of when we are going home? Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has heard similar stories or has any thoughts they'd like to share?

DaveStar
14-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm gonna die young :>)

Don't know how i know, i just know, you know. lol.

But got to do Gods will 1st :>)

Seperate_Reality
16-07-2011, 06:36 PM
We each, as spiritual beings, have the native ability to simply know things sometimes. What you know is what you know. A car owner might know, that his or her car is going to start breaking down soon, so will sell or trade it in on a newer car. We are each non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate (like a car) and view in a mirror, so can sometimes be aware of when death of this human body is near.

Tricia
17-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Some have a knowing for example my mother's late partner, really quite healthy, had an appointment at a hospital, a minor adjustment to his pacemaker. As he left the house, he turned to my mother and said 'I have a feeling I won't be back' He was right, he didn't come back, he passed away whilst in the hospital.

Trieah
26-07-2011, 08:08 AM
There was a man that I had fallen head over heals in love with. But he and I never actually got to meet in person. He always knew that he would die fairly young because of his medical condition, so he lived his life to the fullest. He became quite famous throughout the world, and spared no expense on leading the good life. Though I'd read stories from his friends, about how he was lonely because he could never find the one person his heart told him was out there waiting for him.

Now whether that really was me, or not, I just don't know for sure. It just kinda hurts too much to think about it, so I try not to. I foolishly didn't follow my gut instinct and missed my one and only chance to finally meet him in person. But, about 2 1/2 months before he died, he actually come to me in a dream. He asked me where I had been. And said that he'd see me everywhere, but never understood why I never came to talk to him. I had to look him in the eye and tell him, "Well. . . , you're Andre the Giant. And I'm just a young single mother on welfare (at the time)." That didn't seem to matter to him, and eventually we wound up talking, though it felt more like we were old friends seeing each other for the first time in years. Everything seemed to be going great, until all of a sudden, I shot up out of bed and exclaimed, "He's gonna die."

I tried so hard to convince myself that it wasn't real. That was just about the only way I could get myself to stop crying and go back to sleep. Then about 2 1/2 months later, my sister told me that she heard on the news that he had died. I refused to believe her. But the instant I heard the requiem bell at the beginning of the wrestling show, my heart sank.

A couple of years ago, I had a tarot card reading done that said someone I had been in a relationship with before, would be coming back into my life. Then a few months after that, I got introduced to the ability to help lost souls cross over into the Light. Andre was the first spirit who came to me for help. He was always around for the longest time. But now, so many other things had happened in the spirit world, that I don't really get to see him quite as often any more. I did find out the he and I have had a few past lives together though.

rainbowcrow
27-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Trieah, thank you for sharing your really lovely story :hug2: It really resonated with me as I actually had a very similar experience (although my spirit friend was not famous), and even though our paths crossed quite a few times and I was 'drawn' to him in a way I didn't understand back then, I never did get to know him before he died. I have got to know him since though :D and we still have a strong connection.

rc xo

Gracey
27-07-2011, 01:06 AM
i never did think so until i saw my doppelganger in my house one day. did not understand why she was there. then a week later i dreamt of her and she showed me (i experienced) my own death in a "dream". i died with two adult twin boys who were my children.....five years after the dream, i gave birth to twin boys.....so i know my death and about the time it will happen, but not the exact time.

Trieah
28-07-2011, 04:37 AM
Thanks Rainbowcrow :hug2: I'm glad you were able to get in contact with your friend after his death :smile:

rainbowcrow
28-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow, Gracey that is quite amazing. I wonder if your "doppelganger" was your higher self and perhaps she has shown you only one of the possible paths that lead to your death? Interesting! Thank you for sharing :smile:

rc xo

Gracey
28-07-2011, 08:51 PM
i dont know, i dream like this all the time, so i struggle with the concept of free will, i try all different lines of thought to believe there is free will, just cant believe it at this time....

as for my higher self, dont know, but definitely was my "future" self.

green
28-07-2011, 09:14 PM
hi Gracey.

i believe in free will, but it is free will with limits.
one thing that your posts made me think about is WHY you got such a very clear message in such an early stage, so maybe there is something you should do? it feels that you were told that so you will do something or change something or create something, i can't tell for sure but i know it for sure, and this kind of put a time limit - dead line if you like- so you will get this done. so maybe you allready know what is it or maybe you should figure that out, and i don't mean just clean your table and make things ready, but something much deeper.
also, it might not be a real death but a very deep change. what will happen after that point in time will be a story of a new person that share your past but is a new you. i'm not sure if i explain it right and if it makes sense to you.
but think about it... if you like

G

rainbowcrow
28-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi Gracey, Yes I do understand your feelings concerning free will because I used to feel the same way up until quite recently. I'll share my story with you - for many years I believed that I would die at age 42, it was such a strong feeling. I turned 42 last December and the 'feeling' was getting stronger. I was an alcoholic and I just 'knew' that it would be the death of me so around the time of my birthday, I started to ask/pray for help to stop me drinking. A month later I was admitted into the emergency room with the most severe pain that I actually did believe that I was about to die. After numerous tests and a good stint in hospital I was told that I had a condition brought on by alcohol abuse and that I could never drink again. I still suffer the condition but it has improved since the first onset and I have been sober now for over 6 months. That strong feeling that I was going to die has left now (although I am still 42 until December so we'll see .......:wink: ) and now I appreciate life everyday :smile:

rc xo

Gracey
28-07-2011, 10:10 PM
hi Gracey.

i believe in free will, but it is free will with limits.
one thing that your posts made me think about is WHY you got such a very clear message in such an early stage, so maybe there is something you should do? it feels that you were told that so you will do something or change something or create something, i can't tell for sure but i know it for sure, and this kind of put a time limit - dead line if you like- so you will get this done. so maybe you allready know what is it or maybe you should figure that out, and i don't mean just clean your table and make things ready, but something much deeper.
also, it might not be a real death but a very deep change. what will happen after that point in time will be a story of a new person that share your past but is a new you. i'm not sure if i explain it right and if it makes sense to you.
but think about it... if you like

G

he he you spell already the way i think it should be spelled. anyways, let gods will be done. create something,,,sure,,two wonderful twin boys

Gracey
28-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi Gracey, Yes I do understand your feelings concerning free will because I used to feel the same way up until quite recently. I'll share my story with you - for many years I believed that I would die at age 42, it was such a strong feeling. I turned 42 last December and the 'feeling' was getting stronger. I was an alcoholic and I just 'knew' that it would be the death of me so around the time of my birthday, I started to ask/pray for help to stop me drinking. A month later I was admitted into the emergency room with the most severe pain that I actually did believe that I was about to die. After numerous tests and a good stint in hospital I was told that I had a condition brought on by alcohol abuse and that I could never drink again. I still suffer the condition but it has improved since the first onset and I have been sober now for over 6 months. That strong feeling that I was going to die has left now (although I am still 42 until December so we'll see .......:wink: ) and now I appreciate life everyday :smile:

rc xo you remind me of my dad, he thought for sure he was going to die at age 30, he said he could feel it so strongly, his dad died at that age,,,,it was his worry that clouded the truth. so glad you over came you addiction, congratulations to you! do you go t aa or na? i went to na in my 20's and learned how to be an addict.,,,go figure.

nothing has shown me that free will does exist...my brother and i both had visions of his sons death, he felt his so deeply that he went into a seizure, i was detached and saw the whole thing....it will not happen for a few more years, i have learned there is one way to prevent this from happening....i spent a good six months with deep sorrow for my brother, he does not know that i know too....i plan to tell his son in a subtle way with out revealing his death, if it works, then this for sure will change my view, unless of course something else does before hand.

OldTimer
29-07-2011, 06:53 AM
My eight year-old grandson, while having a walk and a talk with my friend as they both often did, told her he wouldn't live to be a grown man and then he told her, "I won't even grow to be nine years old." My friend told me she just tried to reassure him that he would grow up and then she changed the subject. A few months later, he was killed in a crosswalk by a careless driver who was racing on a public street. He was just 3 months and several days short of nine years. We had no idea how he knew. But, that was just one more amazing thing about him. He was quite a boy.

norseman
29-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Not going to explain myself more than briefly but in my wanderings, I straddle the veil and am becoming, more and more, drawn to the other side. I feel that this year's Samhain will be important.

Colhad75
29-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I believe the only one who knows your exact crossing over to the spirit realm is The Creator himself.

deepsea
11-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Know when we are going to die?
Interesting question.

Well,I'm getting on in years but haven't felt anything yet that my life is going to end soon.

But yes! I have heard that some do receive a certain feeling that they are not long for this earth of ours.
What that feeling is,I haven't got a clue.
I too know someone but haven't had contact with him for a while,who was told by the spirit world that he had 12 years to live.
I contradicted that but he is adamant that he only has a few more years to go.

I always assumed that spirit were not allowed to tell us when our time was to come in the future.

Deepsea.

Seperate_Reality
11-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't think there is any hard set rules for this...It really depends on how able and aware the spiritual being is, spiritually. Taking harmful drugs, harming other life forms, agreeing with false-information, can each take their toll and cause someone to be less able, therefore, less aware. Finding, learning, applying, the correct and exact spiritual truth or knowledge of life itself, is the way to gain certainty for your own future.

FrenchFry
21-08-2011, 09:31 AM
A message came to me some weeks back one morning when I awoke and pointed too a 6 month period where it might be the beginning of the end for me. This coming January. I didn't take it too seriously but just had a reading where it came up without me ever making any mention of that particular experience. My lower chakras feel like they are closing down here and my heart is not tethered to this world so I think for me this is a clear indication that it will soon be time to move on.

FF

Squatchit
26-08-2011, 08:54 PM
This thread makes interesting reading. :smile:

I was given my death date via a lucid dream a few years ago.

What surprised me the most is that the date is a genuine, feasible date. I even repeated the date to the man, to enure that I'd got it correct. Numbers are normally gobbledegook in dreams.

I have pretty much put the date out of my mind...in case it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Squatch

Mansour
25-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Generally we don't know

Celeste
28-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Yes I believe we do, and we also are given several opportunities to exit the earth.

mac
28-09-2011, 07:00 PM
The thread is entitled 'Do we know when we are going to die?'

There are many recorded anecdotes which strongly suggest that approaching death is felt by at least some individuals. The simple answer is that some may know and others will not.... What we believe or what we don't believe does not change the actuality.

It is not a single 'one answer fits all' situation. It may depend on our personal level of spiritual evolvement - how aware we are about matters spiritual - or on other issues about which we do not know.

emalie
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I am certainly ready to believe that some people, like some in this forum, do have a sense of when they will die, but on the whole, I don't think it's in our best interest because it can so easily change the way that we look at our life and the lessons we need to learn in it. I think those who have such a sense are given it because they can handle it and still look on their lives in a productive way.

emalie

mac
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I am certainly ready to believe that some people, like some in this forum, do have a sense of when they will die, but on the whole, I don't think it's in our best interest because it can so easily change the way that we look at our life and the lessons we need to learn in it. I think those who have such a sense are given it because they can handle it and still look on their lives in a productive way.

emalie

That sounds fair.....:smile:

duckstar
03-10-2011, 07:12 AM
My Nana called all of her children, grandchildren and people close to her just before she died, i remember the last call i got from her she sounded very faint as if she was a long way away, after she died when we went to sort her house out everything was packed up and there were little stickers on the bottom of everything she had been given so that we could all take back things we had given her, she was well prepared for her death and i believe she knew that her time was almost up so she got in a few phone calls first!

PanBaccha
07-10-2011, 12:23 PM
I have always known when the passing of my sons,
quiet healthy, would occur. It was something I didn't
want to know but was made aware for quite some time.
I knew when my 4 yr old son would pass; my 17 yr old
son, and my older son recently in a motorcycle accident.
All three were correct. It is not something I like knowing.

As for myself I always knew that I, too, will pass in 2016.
In the meantime I will continue enjoying life and contributing
to it and its inhabitants, and continue playing basketball, my
pasttime addiction. :smile:

duckstar
09-10-2011, 08:02 PM
I have always known when the passing of my sons,
quiet healthy, would occur. It was something I didn't
want to know but was made aware for quite some time.
I knew when my 4 yr old son would pass; my 17 yr old
son, and my older son recently in a motorcycle accident.
All three were correct. It is not something I like knowing.

As for myself I always knew that I, too, will pass in 2016.
In the meantime I will continue enjoying life and contributing
to it and its inhabitants, and continue playing basketball, my
pasttime addiction. :smile:

Oh you poor poor soul, how truly awful for you im so sorry to hear of all your loss's, knowing these things must be a living hell, i would be inconsolable if i knew that any of my children were going to die and when. Ive never read anything quite so sad as this and know that nothing will ease your pain, :hug2: thankyou for sharing your story x

SpiritLady
17-10-2011, 10:06 AM
What an amazing story Gracey. The only thing I struggle with, is why your future/higher self would feel the need to inform you of this upsetting news? If it was me, knowing that I was going to die would be bad enough but being shown that my children would die with me too would be very distressing. I know some people genuinely want to know this info but it sounds like it was dropped on you? Very intriguing.