PDA

View Full Version : Soul Recognition?

Blanket
29-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Hello everyone I have to ask you all a question because I would like all of your respectful opinions on this. This is very confusing for me, what I am about to ask..

Well I guess I should approach this with my own personal experience. There are some people that I come across, where I'll look into their eyes and something inside of me will just automatically be set off as if there is some kind of soul recognition going on . Inside of me I will feel like I know who the person is or like my spirit knows who the person is but I won't actually know who the person is . They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul and I believe this. I do not understand this type of thing though and I am wondering where it sits with Christianity just out of curiosity.
Is it the devil tricking me into feeling that there is some kind of soul recognition going on or is it genuine and authentic???

LisaLisa
29-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone I have to ask you all a question because I would like all of your respectful opinions on this. This is very confusing for me, what I am about to ask..

Well I guess I should approach this with my own personal experience. There are some people that I come across, where I'll look into their eyes and something inside of me will just automatically be set off as if there is some kind of soul recognition going on . Inside of me I will feel like I know who the person is or like my spirit knows who the person is but I won't actually know who the person is . They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul and I believe this. I do not understand this type of thing though and I am wondering where it sits with Christianity just out of curiosity.
Is it the devil tricking me into feeling that there is some kind of soul recognition going on or is it genuine and authentic???

What you're probably experiencing is being attracted to a certain person, or feeling good about them because you sense something about them that you feel comfortable with.

There is no such thing as reincarnation.

Summerland
29-06-2011, 12:09 PM

No, you are not being tricked. I had that same reaction the first time that I met many, many of the people whom I work with. We all have agreed that we have known each other from "before", but not in this particular current life.

gentledove
30-06-2011, 02:08 AM

Well, I actually wasn't sure about reincarnation until I had many experiences which convinced me that I've known people from "before".

Actually blanket, I'm not even really sure about "time" itself though and I wonder if physicists really are all that certain about it either.

I do think that whether we believe in reincarnation or not is immaterial though. It doesn't change what we're doing here and now. I believe how we treat others is what's important and love is the key.

bubblyglot
30-06-2011, 02:11 AM
I like this threaddddd, I can relate :D :D xoxo

mattie
30-06-2011, 02:57 AM
It is a personal choice as to whether we consider the devil to be real or not or it having the ability to influence us.

Some religions are very invested in emphasizing the devil’s power over us, promoting that we are powerless to its tricks. We are seen to be weak powerless pawns in the war between good & evil. We’ve been told this disinformation for centuries to convince us fearful. Those who are energetically savvy know that fear of anything is more than sufficient to keep us from achieving any significant spiritual/energetic growth.

This is not how many see these dynamics though. Many see us as very capable spiritually, full partners w/ the energies we call God (or the Universe). We have more than sufficient ability to choose our own path, ignoring any other beings tricks.

TRUST your own gut feeling that you are looking into others’ souls. This is a positive connection. Part of what might be occurring is your recognizing your innate connectivity to others, your shared Oneness. You may well be seeing your empathy grow. As we expand our awareness we have many of what we call our psychic abilities expand.

It is your own choice as to what beliefs you select. There are many nuances to & differing beliefs within Christianity. You can select whatever beliefs you want out from this & any other belief system. Go w/ what feels right for you. Flexibility about examining other beliefs & giving one’s self the freedom to explore them w/o any pressure to change your current beliefs is often productive.

Blanket
30-06-2011, 03:01 AM
I like this threaddddd, I can relate :D :D xoxo

Aww I'm glad! :D LOL :hug3:

Blanket
30-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Well, I actually wasn't sure about reincarnation until I had many experiences which convinced me that I've known people from "before".

Actually blanket, I'm not even really sure about "time" itself though and I wonder if physicists really are all that certain about it either.

I do think that whether we believe in reincarnation or not is immaterial though. It doesn't change what we're doing here and now. I believe how we treat others is what's important and love is the key.

I know what you mean about time ... I don't know if time really exists . Actually when you really sit and think about it, I don't think it exists because take sleep and dreams for instance. Sometimes, it feels like a dream lasted for a long time when in reality we have billions of dreams per night but we don't remember most of them. Time, I think, is must a man made thing to help us be organized while we are on Earth as physical beings.
Also, I don't know about you but after I wake up from sleeping, it doesn't feel like I've been sleeping for as long as "time" would show..this also tells me that time might not really exist .

I personally don't believe in reincarnation ... but I have to admit that things such as soul recognition stump me..there seems to be no other logical answer for it except for past lives and/or reincarnation ... and then of course it could all be just a trick of the devil or just a trick altogether in some type of way..

You're right reincarnation doesn't change what we're doing here and now .. but to know if it's real or not matters to me because of personal spiritual experiences that I have/had ... same goes for past lives..
I'm open though I personally don't believe in either..I could be wrong of course.

I agree with you 1OO% ! What's the most important is how we treat other people and LOVE. Always LOVE.
:)

Blanket
30-06-2011, 03:18 AM
It is a personal choice as to whether we consider the devil to be real or not or it having the ability to influence us.

Some religions are very invested in emphasizing the devil’s power over us, promoting that we are powerless to its tricks. We are seen to be weak powerless pawns in the war between good & evil. We’ve been told this disinformation for centuries to convince us fearful. Those who are energetically savvy know that fear of anything is more than sufficient to keep us from achieving any significant spiritual/energetic growth.

This is not how many see these dynamics though. Many see us as very capable spiritually, full partners w/ the energies we call God (or the Universe). We have more than sufficient ability to choose our own path, ignoring any other beings tricks.

TRUST your own gut feeling that you are looking into others’ souls. This is a positive connection. Part of what might be occurring is your recognizing your innate connectivity to others, your shared Oneness. You may well be seeing your empathy grow. As we expand our awareness we have many of what we call our psychic abilities expand.

It is your own choice as to what beliefs you select. There are many nuances to & differing beliefs within Christianity. You can select whatever beliefs you want out from this & any other belief system. Go w/ what feels right for you. Flexibility about examining other beliefs & giving one’s self the freedom to explore them w/o any pressure to change your current beliefs is often productive.

I know what you mean and you're right, we lives our lives based on our beliefs so I think it's important to have some kind of foundation . I personally believe in the devil and demons because I actually remember seeing a demon when I was young . As far as the devil goes, I just believe that he's real . And I'm aware the evil is all around us so we can always be tricked ... and this scares me and annoys me at the same time because it always causes me to question spiritual things that I feel and spiritual things that have happened to me. I always wonder "is this genuine and authentic? Or is this a trick from the devil?" I'm constantly wondering that with every spiritual experience that I encounter and also with the spiritual feelings I have/get.

I honestly do feel like a powerless pawn on this Earth. I feel like evil is so intense and much more powerful than human beings realize and this scares and worries me so much. Anything can be a trick of the devil and this sucks because you don't know when to accept something as genuine or not.
Evil has too much power in my opinion. I think God should limit it.

I can't help what I instantly feel when I look into a person's eyes. It is not my mind that feels the "knowing" it is my spirit. There are just some people that I will look at and it's like an instant alarm is set off inside of my spirit about certain people . And it's only certain people for me, not everybody. Just a selected few. I feel an inner knowing about them but I won't actually know them for real. It's like ... I've seen the person before but I can't remember where or when...and I don't understand this or how Christians would look at it..or God Himself..
The beliefs I have aren't comfortable to me. They make me scared and worried but I feel like they are engraved in me so I can't get rid of them. So now, everything I experience that is spiritual is based on these beliefs of mine that seem to have stuck to me like super glue..
-_-

..And it's very confusing..

lovint7
01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi Blanket I have the same questions. I grew up in a christian home but I have similar experiences. I don't believe in reincarnation but for some reason I do have soul recognition too. It doesnt feel evil to me but it does make me question what it means.

zipzip
01-07-2011, 07:19 PM
In my world, there are no demons or devil so I cannot comment on that. However, when you meet someone and it feels good and you have a good vibe or good feelings, then that is great. Trust your instincts.

zipzip

Blanket
01-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi Blanket I have the same questions. I grew up in a christian home but I have similar experiences. I don't believe in reincarnation but for some reason I do have soul recognition too. It doesnt feel evil to me but it does make me question what it means.

Wow I'm glad to have found somebody who seems to be on the same page as me with this in particular subject . It's a very difficult and tricky subject in my opinion and some people like to say things like "oh, it doesn't matter.." or "oh, don't worry about it.." but it matters to ME because I want to know if I'm feeling something evil or not when I feel like my soul is recognizing that of another person's soul as in a familiar type of way. I don't believe in reincarnation or any of that but again, I can't deny that I don't know what else soul recognition could mean or indicate....unless it's just merely and simply trickery from evil sources or something.........and it doesn't feel evil to me either ... it actually feels kind of special in such a beautiful way ... but sometimes evil things present themselves in a nice light so it can be very tricky..sorry to write you a novel LOL . I'm just happy to see somebody else who feels like me about this. :)

Blanket
01-07-2011, 07:35 PM
In my world, there are no demons or devil so I cannot comment on that. However, when you meet someone and it feels good and you have a good vibe or good feelings, then that is great. Trust your instincts.

zipzip

I understand what you mean. We do live by our beliefs...and even though me and your beliefs are different I thank you for what you wrote :)
However, feeling good isn't always good and this worries me a great amount....
:(

zipzip
01-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I understand what you mean. We do live by our beliefs...and even though me and your beliefs are different I thank you for what you wrote :)
However, feeling good isn't always good and this worries me a great amount....
:(

Ok, Blanket, if this worries you, then perhaps this is where you take time to get to know someone and your feelings. Time and the other persons actions may be your best friend to allow you time to see how and who they really are. And this will give you time to get your vibe too.

Since I don't believe in evil spirits, is there another thread on here that deals with that sort of thing? Maybe that is the direction for you.

zipzip

Stellar_Steve
01-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I absolutely believe in soul recognition and also believe that these souls can find each other on earth without our human mind knowing. I do not necessarily believe in the devil but I do believe there is a balance of good and bad in the world. With that said, I don't necessarily believe someone who commits an evil act is an evil soul or someone who commits a good act is a good soul. I think we all have our part to play to maintain the balance. One day, we may be the villain, the next the hero,