PDA

View Full Version : Soul Age..

HungerForKnowledge
22-06-2011, 07:50 PM
So i've been reading a lot of posts in this section and I see people saying they are old souls but don't really understand what that really means. So being hungry for knowledge as I am, lol, I went on a search to see if i could find something that would define exactly what an old soul is. What I found was a pretty good read on the progression of the soul through "soul ages". Have a read and see where you would place yourselves on the scale of soul ages. They briefly define each age but scroll down to "soul age articles" and read the more detailed descriptions of the ages.

I found myself to be a mature soul. I would say 90% of what I read would describe me and my mentality. How bout yourselves??

much love everyone!

HungerForKnowledge
22-06-2011, 07:51 PM
oops.. maybe not the right section to post this in, but i often see people writing they have old souls here and what not and thought it was most appropriate

HungerForKnowledge
22-06-2011, 07:55 PM
haha.. forgot to post the link..

michaelteachings .com/soul_age_index.html

Dawn
22-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Correction -> http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_age_index.html

And, lol looks like I fall under the category of 'old soul'.

HungerForKnowledge
22-06-2011, 08:53 PM
ya sorry about that, apparently you cant post a link until you've had 15 posts. thanks for the correction. I found the old soul description kinda funny.. kind of like they had a "f*** it" attitude lol.

Dawn
22-06-2011, 09:27 PM
lol Sorta do. For me, mine's a bit more peaceful and less 'bite me. I'm old, I can do whatever I want'.

Kinda funny that, on and off over the past 5 years I've thought about a comment someone had made to me. Why don't you like travelling? Why aren't you like so-and-so? Why don't you like trying new foods?
More than once I said what I felt (thought it, not said it aloud). I've lived long enough to know what I do and don't like. I don't nee to go out experimenting, jumping off cliffs, being all super experimental. I can just look at something and 99% of the time, I can tell whether or not I'll like / enjoy it. I know myself and refuse to let myself be bullied or peer pressured into anything.
lol I already sound like an awnry ol lady... and I'm only physically 29!

LightFilledHeart
23-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Generally speaking, I think souls save the hardest lessons for last, and thus a truly old soul would likely not have a light and easy life from the viewpoint of others looking in. He/she would likely be enormously sensitive, since souls seem to grow in that quality as they progress. They would also likely be extraordinarily humble and not seeking the ego gratification desired by younger souls. The folks who achieve celebrity status and positions of great power (be it entertainers, sports figures, politicos or royalty) are still workin with lessons pertaining to ego gratification, I would think.

There are, of course, some exceptions, namely Gandhi, Mother Theresa and the Dalai Lama, all of whom DID achieve fame, but not by choice, and all of whom are (or were, in the case of Gandhi and Mother Theresa) people of extraordinary humility and compassion whose lives and the examples they set are nothing short of inspiring. Never-the-less, no one could say those lives, while deeply satisfying at the spiritual level, have been "easy". Vacation lives seem to be reserved for young souls :wink:

Fenetre
24-06-2011, 12:31 AM
I am a young soul! :D

Does that mean I have two more to go?!?! :icon_eek:

Fenetre
24-06-2011, 12:36 AM
I definitely am looking to be a change maker, or change-agent, as my old teacher would call it. I also have aspirations of being a performer and living quite comfortably. I never saw myself as a materialistic person though, just very goal-oriented. I guess I think that my goals, and reaching my goals, would manifest themselves in how much money I make, which may or may not be true. My life is not centered on what kind of cars I have or where I live, but rather I feel that those things would show how much hard work and passion I've put into things... not sure if I'm making sense! lol

Anyways, great website, thanks! Lots to learn!

Silver
24-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Awwww. I thought there was a quiz or test or something. or did I miss it?

Dawn
25-06-2011, 05:14 PM
lol Silvergirl, you didn't miss it.
From here (http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_age_index.html) it's kind of a 'read and see which category you fit into' sort of thing.

"Soul Age
As we reincarnate from lifetime to lifetime on our soul's path -- gathering experiences, learning lessons, and fulfilling agreements -- an evolutionary process transpires and that course of development is called Soul Age.

Soul age refers to how a person has grown from experience on the planet, not just to how many lifetimes he or she has lived. No person is "ahead" or "behind" any other, but is simply occupying another place in the continuous circle leading to and from the Tao.

There are five soul ages to progress through during our cycle of incarnations on the physical plane. Each stage is a mark of our soul's evolution.

Infant souls deal with issues of survival; they do not yet have a basis for making sense of what is “out there”—they only know that it is “not me.”

Baby souls have a need for structure and tend to live according to beliefs based on dogma, such as religion. Baby souls, focused as they are on bringing people together under the umbrella of civilization, see others, sometimes simplistically, as being “just like me.” They can become confused and upset when those “other me’s” act differently than expected.

Young souls are success oriented and set high standards of personal achievement. Young souls are learning to impact the world, and see others as “you”s they can impact.

Mature souls are relationship fixated and tend to gravitate towards emotional drama. Mature souls, delving into their inner world and exploring relatedness, can keenly feel other people’s “stuff,” and perceive it in the same way they perceive their own. This can make for much intensity and, often, subjectivity.

Old souls seek the larger perspective of life, and have less interest in playing the material game. They tend to be more detached, and try to see themselves and others within a larger context."

HungerForKnowledge
25-06-2011, 06:31 PM
i would read the more detailed version, i found i really connected with the mature soul description.. i wish i could remember at least one past life.

Dawn, i've read your japan past life story, i found it amazing.. i also feel a strong connection with japan and their culture, i love how honorable, humble and intelligent people they are. My family also feels a connection to japan but i have no indication of a past life there. If i could only remember!!

Dawn
26-06-2011, 01:34 AM
HungerForKnowledge, thank you kindly for saying so.

>i love how honorable, humble and intelligent people they are.
I know how you feel about that. For me, it just resonates with me so much. It just 'feels right' to behave that way. I guess I just lived so much in that era way back when, lived so long in that mannerisms, it's just a part of who I am.

>If i could only remember!!
I hear you on that one. I started out like that too. I was curious about learning about my past lives. I went onto AOL chats, lol mind you, this was back in... what? '02? '03? To one of the spiritual chats and talked to a psychic one evening. He told me I'd lived somewhere over in Arabia some time ago (mind you, I'm trying to dust away the cobwebs of this lol it's been a while since I've had to rememebr this), was the wife of a vase maker. I was an artist, a painter, and would paint vases. He was really jealous of my skill and when people would compliment on the paintings, he'd take credit for it (it wasn't really looked well upon for women to be involved with much else besides child-raising, cooking, and house hold chores, but he let me paint the vases to make money for us, and because it'd cost extra to have someone else do it). One day he'd had enough and poisoned some figs. I ate them and that's how I died.
To this day I have yet to recall that past life. I've recalled quite a few (easily over 20 by now), but none in anywhere of a desert area. But, if I were to believe what that psychic said, at least that'd help me understand why I dislike figs in this life. (Even Fig Newtons make me go 'ugh'.) Then again, it may just be different life, different enviroment, different upbringing that affects my specific tastes.

I've read around here that there are numerous ways to go about recalling past lives, including going to a regressionist to do so. For me, personally, I prefer getting to recall them myself. Letting the memories bubble up when the time is appropriate for them, and accept whatever it is that comes. (No matter how sad or unpleasant.)
I wish I could remember where I saw it on here but it keeps slipping my mind.
Pray to God (or whatever diety you revere), ask your white lighted guides, guardians, and angels help you become more open, help you to remember your past lives. Tell them you feel ready to remember them and be willing, be open. Don't try and imagine any scenarios, and don't try and force yourself to remember anything.
Everything happens in its own right time and for its own reason. Remember that. It'll serve you well in both good and bad times (despite how ****** the bad times can get) since nothing ever 'just happens' for no reason.

But yeah. Just say you're ready to remember. Be open and willing.

You can meditate, purchase stones and crystals to help, find ways to help yourself relax, any number of things that you yourself personally find helpful.
Just do what makes you comfortable since your path is your own to walk. Everyone and their cat can offer you advice, but, in the end, you find what works for you (not saying, I'm stating fact. We all do it), what makes you the most comfortable, and go with that.

This may not be as helpful or specific as you were hoping, but I'll leave that up to you to find. With all of the wonderful, helpful people that hang around here, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people that will help point you in the right direction.
^_^

HungerForKnowledge
26-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the advice Dawn!, i wish i was gifted when it comes to things of this nature. i find that none of this comes as easy as it does for others.. maybe there's a reason for that tho lol. It interests me a great deal to find out who i've been and seeing if they have a big influence on the person i am in this lifetime.. i definitely feel i am ready to find out. i feel as though everything does happen in its right time so that helps from getting me frustrated about the fact i haven't had much luck when it comes to things like this, but i'm sure if i keep at it long enough it'll happen for me :)

Perfect Storm
27-06-2011, 08:41 AM
I was asked a question by an SF member recently. 'How old are you'. I answered, then they asked 'How old do you feel'?

This is find this a good question and fit your question well.

How would you answer?

My answer was 'I cant put an age on me'

I think its becuase souls have no age. Age is a physical concept that you really put on the body.

LightFilledHeart
27-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I was asked a question by an SF member recently. 'How old are you'. I answered, then they asked 'How old do you feel'?

This is find this a good question and fit your question well.

How would you answer?

My answer was 'I cant put an age on me'

I think its becuase souls have no age. Age is a physical concept that you really put on the body.

Sometimes I feel younger than springtime.. others times older than dirt! I agree with you that the spirit is ageless and eternal, but what is usually meant by "soul age" is how many times one has incarnated and the amount of experience acrued.

miss.hawaiki
06-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Hey,

As I stated on someone elses thread which I will shorten here, is that what I know personally to be true is that we are all extensions of the source energy of the creator expressing ourselves in different ways in the same WHOLE as ONE. No one soul is better than the other, BUT, there are some that have experienced more and learnt more but that does not mean that they do not make mistakes or have a long way to go. I have an inner knowing which I can't explain, that I am an old soul and have spent past lives in other time space realities or planets if you like and have learnt many things and seem to know a lot about things which comes off to a lot of people as "a preacher" or "a know-it-all" even though I am humble and know that I have made many mistakes and have a long way to go. I believe that when our creator created our souls that they were extensions of the creator (therefor making us part of the creator) wanting to learn more and expand itself through us as we are ONE mind ONE creator ONE whole.

Hope I helped in some way :)