PDA

View Full Version : An issue that bugs me...

Terry
08-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I come from a Catholic family, however I was never baptized nor did I ever go to church every Sunday so I seem to be the only non-Catholic in that family. Thank goodness too because who knows what I would be if I was brought up to believe that nonsense what I don't believe in. I mean no offence to any Christians here when I say that.

Anyway my point is this:

If I have different beliefs to the rest of my family, would I get seperated from them when I die simply because I have a different view? They would probably see a Christian-like view of heaven and I would see different things and be with people who share the same beliefs?

theophilus
08-05-2011, 07:20 PM
What happens to you after you doesn't depend on whether your beliefs agree with those of your family but on whether or not you have believed and put into practice what God has revealed through the Bible.

Here are two good sites that can help you:

http://www.backtothebible.org/index.php/Today-on-Back-to-the-Bible/Today-on-Back-to-the-Bible.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.backtothebible.org %2Findex.php%2FToday-on-Back-to-the-Bible%2FToday-on-Back-to-the-Bible.html)

http://christianity.co.nz/ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fchristianity.co.nz%2F)

Mind's Eye
08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi Terry,

I do not think people will be separated at death because of beliefs... somewhere along the line, we will all be reunited in the love of the Divine.

The unfortunate part about all this is the separation that can occur now. Religion is a wedge that has broken many family apart. I hope this is not the case in your situation and that blood is thicker than dogma.

I would converse politely with others about their beliefs and respect them, but also make sure they respect yours as well.

Terry
08-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi Terry,

I do not think people will be separated at death because of beliefs... somewhere along the line, we will all be reunited in the love of the Divine.

The unfortunate part about all this is the separation that can occur now. Religion is a wedge that has broken many family apart. I hope this is not the case in your situation and that blood is thicker than dogma.

I would converse politely with others about their beliefs and respect them, but also make sure they respect yours as well.

Hi Mind's Eye. I'm sorry to hear about your family's situation and I am quite lucky not to have that happen to me. I don't really talk about my beliefs with them. They know I don't believe in Christianity and that I believe in some form of God and that's about it. The reason I asked my above question was I read about the law of attraction and what you think is what you get and things like that.

Internal Queries
08-05-2011, 07:38 PM
i had a decidely Hindu-ish NDE and i was an extremely devoted Fundy Christian at the time. imagine my surprise when once revived i recalled blue skinned deities bedecked in peacock feathers and gold ornaments. one would think i'd have caught a glimpse of Jesus instead but nope.

i guess what i'm trying to say is ... it's not just what you believe. there's vibrational affinity to consider.

Sungirl
08-05-2011, 07:52 PM
If I have different beliefs to the rest of my family, would I get seperated from them when I die simply because I have a different view? They would probably see a Christian-like view of heaven and I would see different things and be with people who share the same beliefs?

Hi Terry

Please don't think me flippant... but surely it depends on what you believe happens when we die.

No-one has the answer for this, we are all guessing. I believe that we are all united and denomination doesn't matter...but if you speak to a devout christian they would be certain that I am off to hell and my christian mum would be off to heaven..... so we would be separated.

Although it is not a case of picking and choosing a belief simply because we like it, it is a case of working out what sits well with you and going with that.

I often say this to people "if a belief empowers you, go with it. If it creates fear, sorrow or anger, bin it".. what does the belief that you will be separated bring you?

Mind's Eye
08-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi Mind's Eye. I'm sorry to hear about your family's situation and I am quite lucky not to have that happen to me. I don't really talk about my beliefs with them. They know I don't believe in Christianity and that I believe in some form of God and that's about it. The reason I asked my above question was I read about the law of attraction and what you think is what you get and things like that.

Oh no... there are no wedges within my family. But I have seen other individuals disown their own flesh and blood because of religion.

As far as your law of attraction question; I'm not sure that we separate after death depending upon belief.

When the veil is lifted I think there is only truth and we will all see that truth for what it really is.

Peace

Bluegreen
09-05-2011, 09:20 PM

I think it all comes down, not to shared beliefs, but to whether you love your family and whether they love you. Love and hate are the two emotions that create the strongest bonds.
Another important factor that plays a role is spiritual levels. Each level is of a specific vibration. Like attracts like.

HBuck72
09-05-2011, 09:42 PM
I don't think there is a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc. afterlife. I think there is an afterlife, but what the afterlife actually is, is anyone's guess. As Shakespeare said we are all heading to that "undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveller returns".

Triner
09-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I come from a Catholic family, however I was never baptized nor did I ever go to church every Sunday so I seem to be the only non-Catholic in that family. Thank goodness too because who knows what I would be if I was brought up to believe that nonsense what I don't believe in. I mean no offence to any Christians here when I say that.

Anyway my point is this:

We are all one, especially after death. I think you get to see whomever you think about. Thinking about them calls them immediately to you. You will see them all if you want.

Catholic, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or whatever religion one follows is set up to control you in this life. One passed, those fetters are released.

Shabda
09-05-2011, 10:00 PM
I don't think there is a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc. afterlife. I think there is an afterlife, but what the afterlife actually is, is anyone's guess. As Shakespeare said we are all heading to that "undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveller returns".
not exactly true, anyone can go and have a look without actually dying...

mattie
09-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Don’t worry about having different beliefs separating you from your family when you die.

At one time it was widely believed that the planet was flat & one was in danger of falling off the edge of it if one sailed too far. Of course, we now know that nobody was ever in danger of falling off the planet! Likewise, just because your family has a view of what occurs after the physical body’s demise, this doesn’t mean that this modifies Universal laws about how energy operates.

TRUST your inner wisdom about your own beliefs. It is always interesting that many Christians never feel obligated to wrap their differing beliefs or even outright criticism of others’ beliefs in saying that they ‘mean no offence’ to others. If other take offense, this is their issue. You have the exact same right to have your belief as others do even if others disagree w/ it.

Freke & Gandy’s ‘The Jesus Mysteries’ & John Shelby Spong’s ‘Jesus For The NonReligious’ have explored how Christianity has gotten itself in quite a pickle by the authoritarian view that its views were the ONLY valid ones. This has led to considerable problems for this religion. Spong, a proponent of Christianity, discusses how if his religion doesn’t revamp & ditch the flawed teachings that it is doomed to cease existing.

LIFE
09-05-2011, 11:43 PM
not exactly true, anyone can go and have a look without actually dying...

How's that?