newyear2006
04-01-2006, 04:16 AM
Spirits of Nature

Space_Man
04-01-2006, 08:16 PM
I

howiemac
05-01-2006, 11:59 AM
[quote=Space_Man]where does death fit into the picture?

DASA
05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Bhagavad-Gita, Chapter 2:

"That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable soul."

"For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain."

I totally agree as per the quotes above that we (as souls) are eternal, but don't understand why some still insist on killing animals for food when fruits, grains and dairy products are enough for a healthy diet. Unless you are living in the North Pole and there's no real choice, it's not really showing any love for that other soul.

howiemac
05-01-2006, 01:26 PM
I totally agree as per the quotes above that we (as souls) are eternal, but don't understand why some still insist on killing animals for food when fruits, grains and dairy products are enough for a healthy diet. Unless you are living in the North Pole and there's no real choice, it's not really showing any love for that other soul.

I agree - I am vegetarian myself and don't even eat eggs - but what if you believe that plants have souls too? We have to eat something that has been alive...

Space_Man
05-01-2006, 08:52 PM
I agree totally with newyear2006 that it is of great benefit to regain connection with our natural origin and "understand the language of nature".
Ooohhh

howiemac
05-01-2006, 10:56 PM
[quote=Space_Man]I have a tough one for

Space_Man
06-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Sorry

DASA
06-01-2006, 11:16 AM
It's a fact that we can't avoid killing. When we boil a kettle of water we kill bacteria, when we walk on the street we step on insects, even when we blink the living beings on our eyes are being affected. Life isn't pretty.

But the question to me is 'How can we reduce the suffering we are giving to other living entities within functional boundaries'.

The suffering animals go through in slaughterhouses and battery farms etc... is far greater than the suffering of plants when we take a fruit from a tree or dig up some vegetables from the ground. Does this not make common sense?

howiemac
06-01-2006, 12:03 PM
The suffering animals go through in slaughterhouses and battery farms etc... is far greater than the suffering of plants when we take a fruit from a tree or dig up some vegetables from the ground. Does this not make common sense?

it does to me :)

Space_Man
06-01-2006, 03:58 PM
But the question to me is 'How can we reduce the suffering we are giving to other living entities within functional boundaries'.

The suffering animals go through in slaughterhouses and battery farms etc... is far greater than the suffering of plants when we take a fruit from a tree or dig up some vegetables from the ground.
There seems to be a bit of an assumption there (that plant life would experience less suffering than an animal life form), but that

DASA
06-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Looks like the Veggie argument is popular in this message thread.
Here's a link to some articles about Vegetarianism if anyone's interested :

http://www.naturalnirvana.com/Vegetarian/Vegetarian-Files/Non-Vegetarian-Food.htm

Gouranga !!

Das

Kolo
20-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi .. my name is Kolo.

I thought this was a great thread, not a great deal of spiritual forums really address Nature
- Nature is spirit, and has a spiritual consciousness. As we ascend, we learn to commune with them all (this is the gifts of awareness that one attains)

I would just like to add, even though we have to eat plants .. they (unlike animals) have given their permission to sustain and nurture humanity.

Whatever we eat .. even if one is still eating meat - it is all about honour.. deep honour.

Namaste
Kolo

Space_Man
23-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Nature is spirit, and has a spiritual consciousness.
So, just out of curiosity, do you believe that the Earth itself has a

mikron
09-09-2006, 11:18 AM
you can track awareness with nature and spirital energy will rise

mikron

BLAIR2BE
12-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Space Man,
Do You Define Spirit And Conciousness The Same?
If Not Please Define Spirit?