PDA

View Full Version : Exorcists and science.. Whats do you believe..

Angels3
17-03-2011, 02:25 AM
I watched a show about exorcism today and these self claimed exorcists blew my mind! Though I do believe one could be posessed by a dark entity, I don't believe everyone with a problem (sometimes one very serious)could be caused by a demon which is what these microphone having, Bible waving and banging screaming "out demon" think. They are praying on the scared and weak and I think its very disturbing. From what little information I know about posession, the posessed have unexplainable happenings that cannot be explained by science or medicine (ex: someone all of a sudden having the strength of 10 ppl, speaking in languages they never knew, ect..). What do you think about exorcisms? Can a person really be posessed by a dark entity? What about these "traveling exorcists"(microphone shouting ppl), is what they do something ok??

nightowl
17-03-2011, 03:23 AM
I think that there a dark energies that can sometimes influence the behavior of people. I also believe there are those who struggle with chemical imbalances and mental illness that can be seen by certain groups as demonic behavior.

These behaviors should not be clumped into the category of spiritual possession. As with all unsual behaviors or illnesses I believe the evaluation of such should begin with looking for biological causes.

There are always going to be people such as these exorcist who will be sought after by those who feel they have no other avenue to pursue. Sometimes just letting a person think they have been rid of something can help some, but very often it will reappear in their lives because the root cause isn't spiritual but physical. Of course there are those with such strong religious beliefs that they would not think twice about using these people.

Remember a lot of these exorcist truly believe what they preach. And as I am sure a lot are phony. I guess it all comes down to what a person spiritual views are as to whether they seek these people out. No one forces them to go to these meetings. When some people have exhausted all hope many will try anything.

nightowl

nventr
20-03-2011, 02:12 AM
From what I have seen, it seems that they are forcing up the person's kundalini in an unexpected and violent way. This makes people say the most crazy things and behave with spasms and thus proving that the exorcist is doing something. When the burst has burnt out, the (victim) collapses in total exhaustion, which feels like peace.

I would like to know if these people are really truly cured. I would like to see a follow-up 1 year, 2years, and 5 years later. Kundalini overload can create some serious medical and psychological disturbances. By opening that channel so violently, I would bet that these people are not cured, but now in more misery.