Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 03-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Not receiving messages

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to communicate with my spirit guides for a long time and I have never been able to receive messages from them as far as I could tell. I originally started with Orin and DaBen, the book 'opening to channel' then I got the 'opening to channel' CD set and 'improve your channeling' CD set.

I am able to meet my guide but every time I asked the guide a question I never got a response. I sit and wait and wait and wait and nothing. So I don't know what the problem is, I guess I'm doing something wrong? In the book and in the CD’s there's questions they recommend asking, but I never get an answer.

I've had a couple of classes with Betsy Morgan and she told me that I had a heart blockage and suggested that I have a session with Wayne Brewer. Which I did have and it was a good experience but it didn't help with trying to receive answers from my guides. I remember reading in Betsy's book about a guy she was training with touching the back of her head and that helped to wake up her abilities.

I'm hoping someone here can give me some suggestions on what I could do. Do I have a blockage of some kind? If so, who can I go to to unblock it?

Thank you for your time and input.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Deactivated Account

It could be a blockage. Are you paying attention to your thoughts? Guides speak through your own mind, so it really just sounds like your own voice when you're musing to yourself internally. When you wait for an answer you usually have to actively allow it. So what that means is sort of 'helping' your guides to mentally get the words across one by one. You just 'think' whatever word comes to your mind in each moment, and then you end up stringing a sentence together, ect.

Have you been going about it like this, or differently?
Old 04-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Newbie ;)

To answer your question no I haven't been doing it that way. I try not to think, my mind is constantly racing with thoughts. I find it very hard to even meditate. Just following my breath in an effort to quiet my mind will work for maybe a minute or two. I'm kinda like the dog sitting in the front yard. I can let a few of the cars pass by but eventually I'm gonna start chasing them. And what I mean by eventually is within two or three minutes or so. So I get totally wrapped up in thought and completely lose what I sat down to do.

So after chasing my thoughts for a while it finally dawns on me, hey wait a minute I'm supposed to be contacting my guide. So I go back to that and try to empty my mind from thought and then the whole cycle starts over again. It's very very frustrating.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Deactivated Account

Ah I see, that's going to be the issue then. If you haven't created enough space in your mind then the thoughts of your guides are going to get lost in all your own mental chatter. I thought to mention I haven't worked with Orin and Daben myself so I wouldn't know how they are teaching you to go about the process, but these are things I think everyone faces on their journey when starting out. In my own case I would have thoughts like "I can't do this, this is crazy, why would they want to talk to me anyway".... which would block out the signal. And before I could start to perceive them clearly I had to deal with all those fears and negative beliefs.

A monkey mind such as what you are experiencing is really the result of the same thing, and the worst advice in this case I think would be to try harder to stop chasing your thoughts. Instead I'd suggest to follow the thoughts and see where they end up. That's how you expand your consciousness. Once you know where the thoughts lead then there's naturally no desire to repeat them again and they dissolve, and you create more space. It's like virgin teens who are mentally obsessed with the idea of sex, until they have their first sexual experience and then are satisfied and the obsessive thoughts eventually die down. Same principle.

So have fun chasing the cars, see where that takes you. Then when you're ready come back to your center and see how that helps.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi and thank you for your reply. See the thing is though I do let thoughts go to their conclusion (at times) only to be replaced with another thought that I let go to its conclusion and on and on. Until I remind myself to snap out of it and get back to it.

The things that I do to prepare myself to relax and get in a state to be able to receive gets wiped away eventually and I'm no longer relaxed, I'm keyed up because the thoughts won't stop.

There must be some way that I can calm my mind down long enough to be able to receive messages. I'm hoping you or someone else can give me some suggestions on how to quiet my mind down long enough that I can receive these messages.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Experiencer

Look to your mental chatter/dialogue..A lot of it may well be you.. But not all...in my experience
Old 04-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaningGibbous
There must be some way that I can calm my mind down long enough to be able to receive messages. I'm hoping you or someone else can give me some suggestions on how to quiet my mind down long enough that I can receive these messages.

The next time you are in the process of asking for guidance or messages, after you do whatever you usually do to get ready ..... say " I am open to receiving messages and guidance and I can easily hear what I need to hear, clearly and also understand the messages I am receiving " ..... and BELIEVE it will be so !

Best wishes to you !

ps sometimes the messages, answers to your questions may come in a variety of ways .... it might not always be, when you are sitting in meditation.... it could also be words on a license place, a saying on the sign of a truck or a bill board sign, words in a song .... a visual ..... keep your eyes and ears open to all possibilities !

and have patience .....
Old 04-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Experiencer
This is very good advice. I honestly do believe one of my guides have contacted me. They were in three of my dreams. But now when I say my prayer at night then I aim my thoughts at the guardian who appeared in my dream. I let them know that I'm ready to have a conversation with them in my dream. They know I am not yet ready to see them outside of my dreams. I need to get over that fear aspect. But since they came to me in dreams I figured perhaps they thought I was ready to start learning and building a relationship with them.

Did they change their mind? Haha. I know to be patient. And I feel that my guardian is busy doing other things. I can't explain it. Sometimes when I think of them I just get that feeling as if " they are there if I need them but otherwise thy have other duties"

Also. My mind is kind of like the OP. I've never tried meditation but I do aim my thoughts to my guide. My only probably is. I'm scared that my mind might be answering for my guide how can you tell the difference? Like I would ask a question and before I even finish the sentence I see a yes or no . that's my mind right?
Old 04-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaningGibbous
Hi and thank you for your reply. See the thing is though I do let thoughts go to their conclusion (at times) only to be replaced with another thought that I let go to its conclusion and on and on. Until I remind myself to snap out of it and get back to it.

That's because your monkey mind is in a bad state.... only until you get to exhaustion of the chase will it all quieten down. Or you can try to counteract it by learning to take the energy away from those thoughts and putting it into the channeling, but that generally requires a still mind first or some inner space which if isn't cultivated may just end up feel like fighting a losing battle.

Have you ever tried asking for a message right before bed? Like, when you're really really sleepy? And then don't expect a reply, just fall asleep. But you might hear one whilst drifting off, or have a dream which gives an answer.

If your mind is too hectic right now then maybe working on that before trying to channel would be a better idea, without trying to get the outcome to channeling. Like Adrienne said guides can give us messages in many different ways. You can ask for external signs, or angel numbers, and through the use of symbolism you can easily determine what they are saying to you. Without actually having to directly hear them. I also recommend tarot, which is easy enough again if you are good with symbolism.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaei
This is very good advice. I honestly do believe one of my guides have contacted me. They were in three of my dreams. But now when I say my prayer at night then I aim my thoughts at the guardian who appeared in my dream. I let them know that I'm ready to have a conversation with them in my dream. They know I am not yet ready to see them outside of my dreams. I need to get over that fear aspect. But since they came to me in dreams I figured perhaps they thought I was ready to start learning and building a relationship with them.

Did they change their mind? Haha. I know to be patient. And I feel that my guardian is busy doing other things. I can't explain it. Sometimes when I think of them I just get that feeling as if " they are there if I need them but otherwise thy have other duties"

Also. My mind is kind of like the OP. I've never tried meditation but I do aim my thoughts to my guide. My only probably is. I'm scared that my mind might be answering for my guide how can you tell the difference? Like I would ask a question and before I even finish the sentence I see a yes or no . that's my mind right?

They're likely waiting until you're completely ready... these things can't be rushed in stages. Sometimes we try to propel too fast forward and so when we aren't ready for the next step then it feels like we are pushed two steps back instead lol :)

There is a difference between your mind answering and you helping your guide interpret the messages through your own mind, for me I feel the energetic difference, my own mind feels like me, messages from my guidance 'feel' different, they are clearer.

I find my own mind likes to come up with direct yes/no answers, so I usually don't pay attention to those and instead wait until my guides actually explain it out to me. That way I know that I'm getting the whole of it, and not just my own mind's interpretation of it.