Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 20-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You always were a joker, Neville....

You are joking Nev? Oh well that's OK too.

Old 20-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Summerland

Silvergirl, I just read that with the earthquake back in May or April in Mexico, it has caused additional strain on faults that were not under strain before. But the earthquake and volcanic activity follow all along the west coast of South and North America.
And I too worry about Yellowstone going bonkers. They are having earthquake swarms on the northeast and eastern side regularly. I saw a movie a few years ago about Yellowstone erupting and the ending was not a happy one for anyone east of the Rockies.
What I find inexplicable is that these loud booms are being heard across the world and no one knows what they are or where they are coming from. In some places the booms are loud enough to knock pictures off of the walls and knock over china and such. Nothing is registering on the seismographs when the booms happen. The government denies any knowledge or part of being the cause of it. It is not aircraft. It is coming from within the earth. Neville, have you any ideas about these booms?
Old 20-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
You are joking Nev? Oh well that's OK too.

Silvergirl, Neville is NOT joking. I don't know what bonds mac and Neville have, but he is not joking about something this serious. Please check out his article that he provided a link to.
Old 20-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Neville

I aldo took out some time to write an article on supervolcanoes and the effects caused by them as recorded in the geological record from the Toba cataclysm of 75,000 years ago.

http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences/super-volcano/

http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences...oba-cataclysm/

It's something I am interested in
Old 20-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I aldo took out some time to write an article on supervolcanoes and the effects caused by them as recorded in the geological record from the Toba cataclysm of 75,000 years ago.

http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences/the-toba-cataclysm/

I like the articles that you are posting. They are informative without overwhelming you with length. I need to trot off to sleep soon, but was wondering about the past volcanic history of New Mexico. I have climbed some that are right within Albuquerque and the ones down closer to Roswell. So much past volcanic activity is plainly evident there and I heard just a day or so ago that there was vocanic activity down in New Mexico, which surprised me as I thought it was a 'dead' area.
Yellowstone is so dangerous that I wonder that they even let tourists into the area. Fumes are killing off trees and wildlife there, which means it is seeping up from the caldera.
Thanks for getting this thread started; it is way overdue.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville

http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences/the-toba-cataclysm/

I'm a science geek myself Neville (Hence the Sci in Scibat) and I have seen and read a lot about Supervolcanoes. There is nothing that has happened that compares in devastation in the history of the world to date.

If one ever occurs it will make all the disasters in the world up until that point seem like a pleasant walk in the park.

Excellent articles by the way!
Old 20-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
There is nothing that has happened that compares in devastation in the history of the world to date.
I think the dinosaurs would disagree with you..
Old 20-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
I think the dinosaurs would disagree with you..

I was speaking of mankind's history, that which has been recorded. Sorry I wasn't clear, sometimes I get ahead of myself.
Old 21-12-2010, 08:35 AM
mac

We had a guy on one of my regular spooks websites who was posting links, referring to scientific sources, predicting all manner of catastrophes as a direct outcome of the huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Others did the same after the Eyjafjallajökull volcano did its thing in Spring. Here, at Christmas, we've seen not one of the predicted outcomes for this year. The volcano is doing what volcanoes do. The oil spill likely will cause huge problems for the gulf. The fracturing of the sea bed and emissions of monstrous gas bubbles didn't happen. Most such claims for prediction quickly get forgotten as humankind moves on to the current problems.

Eventually, statistically, one of these numerous predictions about disaster will come about and there will be marvelling at the accuracy of that particular prediction, totally ignoring or simply forgetting all the others that didn't come to pass...

Let's not be silly about this all though. The earth isn't "striking back" as Neville provocatively titled his posting. Chances are if he's done his research well he stands as much, or as little, chance of being right as other well-researched pieces. One outcome, by one or more individuals, may eventually match one of the many claims which may be found littering cyber space.

I hardly need to wonder how folks will react. It's depressingly predictable...
Old 21-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Neville

Hello mac, It is indeed a provocative and attention grabbing thread title but the reader will soon realise that the a opening post begins and closes with the question about the thread title.

Others have noted that certain changes are taking place globally . With regard to earthquakes and volcanoes it is far to assume that , that is Mother Nature doing what Mother Nature does. The extremes in weather might have been caused by us though. Though I have not discounted the natural North Atlantic Oscillation cycle in the case of the UKs weather.

This thread is designed to be mildly or seriously thought provoking dependent upon the reader whilst still respecting that the reader will arrive at their own conclusions in this regard . If we were to start a sweep stake on the cause of the next mass extinction level event we would have many possibilities to choose from

My source material for the OP for anyone interested is found at;

http://www.wavy.com/dpps/news/world_...k-back_3681120