Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 25-11-2013, 02:32 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Good and evil mirror each other. We invented good and evil to preserve social order in our society.

I agree White Warrior & Thunder Bow ...

Its enough that there are people who don't know the difference between good & bad or evil ...
Good judgement & clear perceptions guide us through life ...
Properly disguishing them develops intuition ...
This involves understanding why they exist, how to protect yourself & who are the good people to trust ...
You will be using these skills & reminding yourself of them throughout life ...

Concerning myself w/evil spirits is at the bottom of the barrel; being aware of bad or evil people is far more important ...
Old 25-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Master

I don't like the word "evil" to be honest but it's a useful word as a definition.

It's so hard to distinguish what is us and what is another. I've had badness presented to me at times, for my hackles to rise and for me to go eeek - and then I look to the self and I realise that it's just a teacher come to shine a spotlight on some part of my life.

then there was the lady at work - the company I've just left. She was truly vile to me but that was more based on her fear of me, her own incompetency. She managed to direct it to me, now I've gone others are bearing the brunt of her. It was unfortunate.

Then, there's the issue - we are human and we make mistakes, and that's not an evil.

I do believe in badness, evil, whatever. But for me it is part of the yin and the yang, and creates a balance.

A good saying, never fear the shadows, they are only there as the sun is shining.
Old 25-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Knower

Hi Raven Poet,

Saw your post in the channeling forum so now I'm here. Thanks.

I know evil is real and not just a human fabrication.

While I don't know exactly why evil was created I've been doing a lot of thinking about this and have come up with some possibilities.

1) Balance. For every yin there's a yang. For every poison found in nature there's a cure. For the Creator's infinite Love there's Evil.

2) Soul growth. Maybe we start out in the middle of a ladder and we go up or down as our souls evolve or devolve.

3) Soul growth. Circle of life kind of growth. Where the Creator's infinite Love is at the top and the most profound Evil is at the bottom and our souls have to experience all points around the circle in order to fully evolve.

I thought there was another possible reason but, I can't think of it right now.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Yes. Absolutely there are both. My understanding is that divine beings allow them to exist because of karma and free will. "Good meets with good. Evil meets with evil"
Old 06-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Astralyra

I believe there are those who choose to create harmony and there are those who choose to create disharmony. The varying levels of degree depend on how sick the person is mentally emotionally spiritually is to how much disharmony they thread in this planet and species.

Just as the more a person chooses harmony the more it ripples out and enriches this planet and species.

I really enjoyed white warriors rant, when reading WW's this is what came to mind for me.

Has anyone here read Waris Dirie's biography Desert Flower. It's an amazing story and funny in parts too, great sense of humour, a story where she ran from evil to save herself. I applaud her for fighting against Female Genital Mutilation when she was in a position to do so, yet women whom I have conversed with in the past here in our western world seem to think that FGM is "ok' because they deem it as cultural, where as Waris whom is actually from Somalia deems it as brutal and is trying to help women change it in those parts of the world. Funny things humans are, I root for Waris, she is from there she even knows it's not right/evil.

As to why Evil/Disharmony exists, it's time for it being part of our world to teach us, is well and truly passed it's used by date, there is nothing more we can learn from it, it's been around for so long, I wish it would give us all a well deserved break.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Is there a "good" and an "evil" ... and if you think there is "evil", can you say why you think God/Creator/Great Spirit would have allowed evil to exist?
I

First part of your question, the answer is obvious. There is both. I do not only think there is evil, I know there is. It's everywhere. I don't even need to explain it in this thread, if you exist in this reality, you witness both good and evil, in everything.

The second part of your question, a very good one. To me, it's not so obvious as the first part. Why does God allow evil?

At this point of my journey, I think because we ( our consciousness, our soul, spirit), needs a learning ground. We need to grow, spiritually. We need to prepare ourselves, be worthy of, existence in the higher planes, dimensions. We need to experience light.

Did we chose to come down here, to earth, the physical plane of existence, or, were we put here? I don't know. I've heard arguments from both sides on this, however, that is not your question here, anyway. That's another topic for discussion.

Evil, in my opinion, does not exist in the higher planes of heaven. Evil exists on this plane, and, probably the lower parts of the astral plane.

I wish you well, on your journey.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Is there a "good" and an "evil" ... and if you think there is "evil", can you say why you think God/Creator/Great Spirit would have allowed evil to exist?
!
Thanks Raven Poet, human beings are dualistic people, their polarity is both positive and negative. Being dualistic, we live in the right or wrong, the good or the bad, the optimistic or the pessimistic, love or hate, etc. We are caught in binary opposition.

Our most recent Creators (Sumerian and Akkadien texts) the Annunaki could of probably modified our DNA such that we would not be dualistic. But they do created human being that way such that we continue being creators also, so, maybe this phenomenon is indispensable for the holistic development of Human Beings, IMHO.
Old 23-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Ascender
Everything is a shade of grey, some lighter than others, some darker than others. Good and evil is down to personal perception. Its subjective. For example, in magick and spell casting, there are spells considered white and spells considered black. However, I believe it's down to intent. Like love spells. Generally they're considered white magick, until the intent becomes to control the free will of a person. Defensive magick is considered black most of the time, unless the spell is used in a protective nature, if that makes sense.

So, whether something is good or evil is entirely down to personal perspective.
Old 23-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Hi, everyone. I have been asking myself this question for years. It's a pretty big one. But I'm interested to hear what other SF members say.

I have a hard time believing there is such thing as evil. I think there are wounded spirits, both in humans and in the Spirit world or etheric world. But I think "evil" is really a human construction, and once a person leaves this physical world, their human ego, which I understand where "evil" comes from, is left behind in the brain.

An Elder asked me this question once - and I said No, I do not believe in evil spirits. He just nodded at me, then resumed his teaching circle.

Thoughts, folks? And please - I'm a little timid around this topic - please don't lay any really scary stuff down here, 'kay? Thank you!!!
Thanks Raven Poet for this Tread, interesting and challenging, IMHO, «good and evil» were created by socio-economic and then sanctioned by religions. It's also a polarity question.

Socio-economic - put simply - we are in a economic system where a Financial System controled the money that the Producers need to produceds goods and services, and then present it to the Market.

On the other side, the Buyers (consumers) are workers for the Producers, they received money for their work, but not enough, they need to borrow from the Financial System to buy goods and services for their families. So the multiple transactions going on between the numerous actors does not always run smoothly, some feel exploited, others abused, and so on. This creates inequality between Producers and Buyers. And from this, people are put in front of good and evil from this stance in the Market economy.

Religion - to controled the masses, the Religions have established dogma identifying what is good and what is evil, they even give names to evil. I don't need to go further, most of the members are aware of this.

Polarity - everyone know that we are dualistic people, we functioned with negative and positive energies, the electrolitic system of our body functioned with these two energies. Being driven by these two energies, it does influence (considering socio-economic and religion) our behaviours.

It's my point of view, hope it help further the discussion.

The best to everyone.
Old 23-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Ascender
I think it's a tad unfair to say religion is used to control the masses....