Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-05-2013, 11:44 PM
D01

Serious Questions

1) Can an individual close one's eyes and instantaneously arrive at the astral bridge (1 minute or less) being only a practitioner of qigong--never practicing astral projection--for 1 year; or, is this a delusional thought?

2) If an individual does not see their astral body leave the physical body, then did I really experience astral projection?

3) Does the astral bridge look like Space with only star like figures swirling around, and can this be referred to Dr. Robert Monroe's 3D blackness?

4) Is Dr. Monroe's Focus 21 the astral bridge and if so does one have to get to arrive at that stage, or see it, in order to astral project?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by D01
1) Can an individual close one's eyes and instantaneously arrive at the astral bridge (1 minute or less) being only a practitioner of qigong--never practicing astral projection--for 1 year; or, is this a delusional thought?

2) If an individual does not see their astral body leave the physical body, then did I really experience astral projection?

3) Does the astral bridge look like Space with only star like figures swirling around, and can this be referred to Dr. Robert Monroe's 3D blackness?

4) Is Dr. Monroe's Focus 21 the astral bridge and if so does one have to get to arrive at that stage, or see it, in order to astral project?

1. I have never heard of anything about someone being able to achieve astral projection with in a minute regardless of their method. It is something that takes an extremely deep level of relaxation. The only way I could see it happening in a minute is if prior to closing your eyes you are somehow in an open-eyed trance state. There are monks who can achieve trance state with their eyes open so I imagine in those cases if they closed their eyes at the right time and it didn't reset their level of relaxation then it would be possible. But a person able to do this is going to be a rarity and it will be a rare occasion they are able to achieve what you are asking. More often than not no this is not going to be possible. Theoretically speaking of course anything can be possible, but realistically it's going to be extremely difficult and unlikely to happen.

2. How would one see their astral body leave their physical body? When one leaves their other bodies they are inside of their astral body and so the only thing they would be able to see is their other bodies, or possible parts of their astral body if they are looking at their hands or something along those lines. I say other bodies because I have found that we are actually leaving our etheric body and not our physical body. The brief moment we gain awareness right before shifting into our astral body we are not in our physical body but instead inside of our etheric body. When you leave your other bodies inside of your astral body you are inside of your astral body, so you are not going to see your astral body. Even with that said a lot of the times I leave my bodies everything is black and I cannot see anything. Once I get out of my body I will usually sit down on the floor in a meditative position for a few seconds until I am able to see. Sometimes it takes a minute or two, sometimes it takes a few seconds, on the rare occasion I never do gain my sight but that doesn't happen often. I used to just fly up into the astral planes and usually once I break into the planes I am able to see, but sometimes that wouldn't happen and I would be flying around in the planes blind which isn't something I like doing. So now I just wait until I am able to see to travel into the planes and remain in the RTZ until I gain my astral sight.

3. What is the astral bridge? I have never heard of an astral bridge. When you first leave your body you are in the RTZ (Real Time Zone). You can leave your house in the RTZ and fly up the street and things of that nature but if you fly through the floor or ceiling you are going to break into the astral planes. Usually before passing into the planes you will enter the black void zone which is exactly what it sounds like - a black empty zone. This zone usually lasts for a couple seconds, on a few occasions right before breaking into the astral planes a bunch of stars appeared in the black void zone.

4. I don't allow myself to be confined by Monroe's focus levels. I have projected from completely different states of awareness and completely different levels of relaxation. Astral projection is not some stage that occurs everytime you reach a certain level of relaxation. You can not rely on achieveing a specific level of relaxation to produce a projection. More or less the most important factor is to be able to achieve awareness and/or lucidity while in a alternate state of consciousness. The earlier you are able to do this the more likely you are to project.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Master

You can achieve ap in a minute. I used to be able to do it but only after some hours of sleep first.

I have never heard of an astral bridge either.

I agree with AE. I do not take any notice of Monroe's focus levels. I have my way of doing it.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by D01

Yes, for those that come in like me with it already there learned in them. I do not even need to close me eyes, many times I just go. I have never practiced it for the purpose of projection as I honestly grew up thinking it was just another "don't talk on it taboo". I have had to learn it in reverse so that I can teach it to others.

I have three children and one does it all the time in class, keeps the day sane where one can be present in the lesson but too off in relaxation. The time just flies by then.

Yes, I know that I have left its a vibrational feeling that one has. Too if one is able to be around others that can see the shift happen its validations. I did that once during a music presentation. I was board...out I went the drummer stopped mouth dropped open stunned I just left.

Its a 3 D effect or more in layers that one experiences. Its a blackness for a split second but not pitch as in you can not see. More its a fuzziness for a wee bit til the brain catches up to the eyes.

What stage one does have to reach is that feeling of vibrational realization where one accepts its more than just the brain playing games. Its a true feeling that one has upon leaving. Its a vibration that is an inner feeling that is different than anything the physical body can produce. Its an inner knowing without thinking this is real it just is real and known as a real experience. One simply floats out...and floats in.

Lynn
Old 04-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Guide

Different people have different methods of achieving AP, and yes some are able to AP pretty much any time they wish without a complex 'warm-up.'

I've not heard of Dr Monroe or Focus 21 or the astral bridge. But that doesn't mean I don't AP, it merely means that I'm not following that particular set of instructions. As Lynn put it, I sort of float out and float back in.

Try not to get hung up on the details. If you are expecting a particular set of images or experiences (ie seeing your astral body leaving the physical body) and convince yourself that you MUST see/feel/experience exactly what you've been told, you may well get so hung up on the perceived method that you won't be mentally relaxed enough to AP.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
I have never heard of an astral bridge. When you first leave your body you are in the RTZ (Real Time Zone). You can leave your house in the RTZ and fly up the street and things of that nature but if you fly through the floor or ceiling you are going to break into the astral planes. Usually before passing into the planes you will enter the black void zone which is exactly what it sounds like - a black empty zone. This zone usually lasts for a couple seconds, on a few occasions right before breaking into the astral planes a bunch of stars appeared in the black void zone.

This is interesting. I often find myself in the RTZ on a night or early morning. IF I fly through the walls I find myself back in my body, if I go through the window...same thing. Sometimes it goes...not black.. but like I am JUST Seeing light trying to get through a thick...something and I can just see faint light spots. Like a very thick black fog. THough I still feel I am 'travelling'.

I was there this morning.. I kept resetting into my body.. I think my alarm was pulling me back but I had this blanking out a few times, especially when I grabbed a hand that was waiting for me to pull me from the body.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Guide
Hi D01!

I enjoyed your questions so much, I decided to write my response on my website in an article answering them.

Quote:
I’d like to answer them here, because they’re actually really great questions!

1) Can an individual close one’s eyes and instantaneously arrive at the astral bridge (1 minute or less) being only a practitioner of qigong–never practicing astral projection–for 1 year; or, is this a delusional thought?
In the world of Projection, anything is possible. People have spontaneous projections even without knowing what a projection is… this is usually the first step in their discovery of the process. If you’re excellent at focusing… and more importantly, focusing away from the physical, then yes, this kind of thing would be very possible. There is a big HOWEVER though. The problem is that someone who hasn’t had any direct projection experiences of their own, doesn’t really know or understand how the process happens.

I won’t say it can’t happen, because as I said… anything can happen. For this particular scenario, even with the training that QiGong provides, it’s probably just unlikely

In the end, just work on meditation… and more importantly, work on trying to ignore the physical as much as possible. This will remove you from this reality… which is the end goal.

Yes, it’s a Projection. Projection is about being consciously aware that you’re experiencing a reality that you recognize as not being this physical reality. That’s it really. The sensations of “leaving” the body and other separation phenomenon are only symptoms of the process by which you have this experience. Just like a lucid dream illustrates the process that you projected by becoming aware while ALREADY being in the non-physical… or the classic obe separation experience whereby you have the perception that you’re “separating” from your body is only the process by which you experience the non-physical.

So anytime you have an experience where you recognize you’re not in this physical reality, *IS* a Projection. You can understand now that you’ve probably had more Projections than you realize.

3) Does the astral bridge look like Space with only star like figures swirling around, and can this be referred to Dr. Robert Monroe’s 3D blackness
That is one particular interpretation, yes. Your interpretation can, and probably will be, be much different. It can even be different each time you experience it.

4) Is Dr. Monroe’s Focus 21 the astral bridge and if so does one have to get to arrive at that stage, or see it, in order to astral project?
Just to clarify one quick thing. Robert Monroe wasn’t a doctor. He was an electrical engineer.
Now onto your question… my understanding is that, yes, Focus 21 (or around there somewhere) is the “bridge”. You don’t have to ever experience it in order to project, consciously or otherwise. More often than not, you’ll probably skip right past it.

Now, my honest opinion, is to completely forget about any of the “Focus Level” stuff and just project. Don’t be so concerned with what other people say happens AFTER you’ve projected, just work towards having experiences in the non-physical… explore and have fun. Log your experiences… then after having LOTS of them, go back and begin analyzing them.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/20...ion-questions/
Old 08-05-2013, 12:38 AM
D01

Thanks a lot for your responses, everyone! I really appreciate it! :)

SO it was actually my older brother who asked these questions. Previously, we had engaged in an extremely heated debate concerning these very questions.

I have been practicing meditation in conjunction with qigong energy exercises (specifically Falun Gong) for roughly a year now. In December, I began consistently seeing what we describe as the 3D blackness -- extremely vividly -- while meditating or simply laying down (I actually remember asking about what this could be when I first began to experience it regularly/daily in a post on either this site or Apulse and some helpful ppl referred me to Monroe's descriptions... I believe that's around the same time I joined these two forums, so that I could ask the question about the 3D blackness that I was consistently seeing).

In about March, I realized that I would be at the "astral bridge" upon sitting down and closing my eyes... whether sitting in a car, an office, couch, bed, or basically anywhere I could sit. It was weird because I didn't expect for it to happen by merely sitting anywhere; and, it was even more weird that I would often get there in less than a minute... Today, even within 5 seconds, and then it would become much more vivid and everything would swirl a lot slower and more "up in my face" in a moment lol. Though it was a bit weird to me, I'm now not really surprised because I guess one should expect progression after a regular practice... However, still weird because didn't expect to progress so quickly. Could it be that I've always had an open mind about the universe and remember experiences as a child, or that I've always been interested in "supernatural" things as a child and held beliefs? My bro and I both begin law school shortly and it's going to be very interesting trying to delve into even more regular argumentation on the basis of logic... and astral projection isn't logical to numerous people! The debate I had with my bro made me realize how much I really value these forums because there's not many ppl I know who I can share my experiences with without being ridiculed about it.. lol.

Anyways, my bro seemed to really not believe in me, concerning these questions. And I didn't realize, until then, that my bro probably secretly thought that I was a 'crazy' person when I would share my experiences with him lol. I truly thought he believed me from the start, especially since he told me he once experienced, long ago, the 3D blackness that I described. But he still didn't believe me... he took a meditation class in uni and just felt that the things that I was saying were too inconsistent with his prof's lectures lol... So I invited him to email his prof and ask her these questions. But instead, he decided to ask them here and on another site.

And to clarify, I agree with those of you who said that you don't have to notice or reach the "astral bridge" described, or any other 'bridge' for that matter, in order to project. I explained this to my bro, with reference to the fact that my first projection (last summer) did not involve this 3D blackness as described by Monroe.

My bro didn't believe that I project because I don't often see my spirit leave my body, or a see a silver cord, or see my body over my bed. "Ridiculous!", I thought... He had become too attentive to common stereotypes involving projection... or techniques that seem to work for many, but have never worked for others including myself (e.g. rope climbing technique? Lol! This NEVER worked for me... projections came when I stopped trying to do them.. they came from regular meditation and energy exercises).

Well, that's my rant. I'm sure everybody empathically feels the.. let's say 'grudge'.. that I had against my bro last week lol. I wouldn't expect a stranger to believe me, but I would at least expect my own family to lol. At least I know what I experienced... and ppl say that's all that matter, and I know it's true... but I did feel a tad like ****.

Alright guys, now this really concludes my story! Lol. I really would like to thank you all again for your responses!!! You've been very helpful in allowing my bro to open up his mind a little bit more .. I hope! :p
Old 08-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Guide
Remember though, the best educator you'll ever find regarding astral projection is... YOURSELF. You need to educate yourself though experiencing this stuff directly and personally. The knowledge that comes with that will trump anything anyone tells you. :)
Old 09-05-2013, 08:24 PM
D01

Exactly. Well said :)