Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Toddy

Right to die??

Hi everyone,
Does anyone here have any spiritual views on euthanasia. I saw a program on it recently and it got thinking quite alot. So what do you lot think. is it right or wrong?
Old 06-03-2006, 08:21 PM
silver swan

Hi Toddy.
I have very strong views on this subject after watching my mother in law die of cancer. She said that if someone had offered her a drug to end it all, she would have taken it as she was in so much pain. It should be made legal. It is heartbreaking to see a loved one suffer. Everyone should have the right to choose for themselves.
Old 19-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Maarkandeya

One problem with euthanasia is that its legalization could potentially lead to substantial abuse. Can you imagine parents being asked by their heirs to leave the world earlier in order to preserve the inheritance? There is no issue that is clearly "right" or "wrong". Each situation is unique.

While I believe that people should have the "right to die", I am not sure at this time how I would vote if euthanasia was submitted to a public referendum.
Old 19-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Red Sky

This is not a good subject for me to get started on really so I'll try to be fairly brief. My views are strong on this subject. My mother had a massive stroke which left her comatose and virtually brain dead. She was on life suppport for nine days and the hospital nagged me constantly about pulling the plug. They called me at home. They plagued me when I was at the hospital. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make. I just don't think any of us have the right to choose over life and death. It's just a very difficult topic. I just couldn't believe how insensitive the hospital staff was regarding my mother's condition. I don't think it would have been so easy for them either if it had been a member of their family.
Old 24-03-2006, 04:31 PM
sennacharib

I think that it is persons right. as if they are going through alot pain, i can whole heartedly understand them wanting to take a drug to end it all. It should be down to the induvidual.
lovely to read everyones views xxx
Old 15-04-2006, 08:25 PM
eogz

I agree with Sennacharib, it has to be an individuals choice. We hear about Living Wills, where a person can state at which point they would like to be "unplugged" or assisted with their suicide (a dirty word). I suppose if it was legalised here, I feel that everyone should be able to make a choice and state it via a living will. Then all pressure is off loved ones, hospital staff and even the courts!
Whether a person would be punished spiritually for it, i don't really know. But if our creator is love and understanding, wouldn't we be forgiven for wishing to end suffering?
Old 22-04-2006, 07:14 AM
feohgoddess

I need to study up on this ALOT more than I have in order to have an opinion.
Old 30-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Light Mage

I believe everybody should have the right to choose their own fate, after all - it's their life.

Nobody asks to be born in the situation they live in, so there really shouldn't be much surprise when people choose to end their suffering in the most efficient way they can think of.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Raona

Hellos Toddy

Euthanasia is a very disturbing and difficult subject for people to discuss. Some people agree and others disagree.

However, i feel that Euthanasia should be legalised.. I see it as a persons free will. How can it be moral for legislation to say that we are allowed to watch our closest friends and relatives suffer in illness. When they and ourselves would rather end there suffering.

I probably think this isn't an ideal point to make but im going ahead with it anyway. When my dog got put down (she was a major part in our family), we were given the choice to end her suffering of cancer or let her live and die in pain...eventually. Of course it was a tough decision but we made the right one all round. I realise that this is an animal that im talkiing about but we do become attatched an the do become one of the famiily. If u have the right to decide over an animal....why not a human???
Old 01-05-2006, 12:48 PM
sprite

as humans we have laws and legislations to protect us from all kinds of abuse, safety at work, laws on discrimination etc but when it comes down to our rights to end the suffering of a loved one.. our rights are disregarded.. its personal choice, ,yes its heartbreaking when a loved one dies,its heartbreaking to see one suffering,me personally i also watched my mum suffer with cancer,a number of times she'd look to her family for help to stop the suffering she was going through, we did nothing, so i ask.. is it for our own selfish reasons we do nothing, to keep our loved ones on this earth plain.

Blessings xxxx
Closed Thread