Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-11-2022, 07:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Do you believe you are the mind? What is the mind to you? Can you point out what you think it is or describe what it is? "Darkness" is a creation of the mind I assume. The idea of it, not it itself which is just various perceptions.
I am not the mind. The mind is not me.

The darkness comes in the form of a mother that is tied up and her eyelids taped up in order to be made to watch and see her child tortured to death.
Old 26-11-2022, 07:50 AM
Master

.... That was just an example of events I know about .
Old 26-11-2022, 07:51 AM
Master

.... And anyone that needs to ask does not know the true meaning of "detaching from God"
Old 26-11-2022, 07:57 AM
Master

.... As I said.
The mind CAN detach. Because the two worlds in which we live ARE very much dual purpose .

But the fact still remains , we are all one .
We are all from a higher source .
We all belong .
We are all tested.
We are never ever given more to cope with than we can shoulder .
And God is never to blame therefore we ( as souls) can never detach .
Only the human brain/ thoughts / ego can detach .
Old 26-11-2022, 08:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Dualistic means two parts. What are the two parts of a mind? To me, it's seems a mind can't be dualistic.

The conscious and the subconscious mind.
Old 26-11-2022, 08:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The conscious and the subconscious mind.
Well said.......
Old 26-11-2022, 08:31 AM
Master

....We are....
We were ...
And we will be.
Old 28-11-2022, 07:29 PM
Master

A baker can make a pie or a donut but I would not call the baker dualistic because of this. The brain does a lot of stuff we are not conscious of and then other stuff it makes or does we are conscious of. The subconscious and conscious content of the brain are not dualistic. The soul is not dualistic either. What can be dualistic is the souls experience though. If a soul identifies with the singular mind, any part of it you want, conscious or sub-conscious or whatever, that identification creates a dualistic experience. The soul has the mind translating and interpreting experience and of course this also leads to a false identity and identifying with mind as self and the body and all of that.

We can't be separate from God. Our nature is God. We are God in a sense as Jesus said, me and my father are one. We are lesser in the development of our God attributes but they are there and are us. Consciousness is God. But while WE ARE IT and so cannot be separate, we can EXPERIENCE separation. Consciousness is who and what experiences and consciousness can focus it's awareness on anything that exists. A consciousness that is not centered on God or it's true nature will experience what it is centered on and in... like mind, ego, false self and so since it is wholly focused on that and not God, God is not experienced and this creates an experience of separateness.
Old 29-11-2022, 05:15 AM
Master

... I think we are all in agreement that the mind CAN create a sense of separation from God. It does not mean we are separate , but the mind is capable , depending on the circumstances of the individual involved.
I think to put it in simpler terms , can we ever detached from our children ?
Can we make the unconditional love that we have for them in our hearts go away?
But in times of severe shock and trauma so great, our mind shuts down to prevent further trauma and at that moment we are completely unable to think or focus on anything. We are detached from everything but it does not mean I have abandoned or stopped loving my children.

The issue we have is whether the mind is dualistic.
Maisy thinks it isn't. I believe it is . And realistically we just don't know for sure.
There are good points to be made both for and against the idea.
I personally believe the sub-conscious separate mind there for one reason and one reason only, to carry on being "taught" , from the universe during the whole of our lifetime without us ever knowing . And then one day , we have an awakening and it all becomes VERY clear . But obviously that's just my persona experience and perspective and most people think I'm nuts anyway and usually ignore me !

As for the example that Maisy gives about the baker , Correct.
As I used to work in a very high pressured environment within the catering industry for many years I can vouch for that ! At that moment when you are rushing around , doing cooperate buffets, plus cooking expensive meals for groups of diners with all the pressure of prep, timing, presentation etc you are not even thinking at all with one mind, never mind two. It all happens on auto - pilot , a bit like an out of body experience!!
Old 29-11-2022, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
... I think we are all in agreement that the mind CAN create a sense of separation from God. It does not mean we are separate , but the mind is capable ,

And that is the exactly what I was asking In reality we are not seperate but it creates a 'sense' of separation.
It's dualistic nature makes us think that we are a subject separate from all other objects in existence (observer v object)....