Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-09-2022, 02:54 AM
traceyacey12

Can you reside in non-duality and duality at the same time?

Ok so please forgive me if this doesn't make sense or is not the most eloquent post as I am new to non-duality, but here it goes:

Is it possible to engage in duality (generally worldly affairs and stuff of the ego) and at the same time be as firmly planted as possible as a human in non-duality? And reap the benefits of the non-dual orientation, such as peace and I guess manifestation?

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 22-09-2022, 03:54 PM
Pathfinder

Yes in Vedanta philosophy it is known as 'jīvanmukta' - liberation while living. Being fully aware of the non duality while living in duality.

Old 22-09-2022, 05:03 PM
Master

Yes, the Self-realised jivanmukta rests in the non-duality of formless Being while engaged with the apparent duality of form.

As long as we inhabit the physical body in the worlds of form we have no choice except to engage with duality and limitation. But even while engaged in mundane activities our direct perception is that there is limitless unchanging formless Being pervading all form.

This perception is not an intellectual understanding, it is simply our known reality within which all experience takes place. So all movement occurs in stillness, all action occurs in inaction, the apparent ten thousand things all manifest within the One thing everywhere.

As it says in the Bhagavad Gita, the person who sees action in inaction and inaction in action is truly a sage.

Peace
Old 22-09-2022, 07:38 PM
I wish this was in the Hindi section.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-09-2022, 07:49 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Actually it makes more sense here as non-duality crosses traditions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Sufism, Christian Mysticism, etc...) and there are far more non-non-dual and qualified monism Hindu traditions.

EDIT: iamthat is correct and that's what Rupert Spira labels Lucid Waking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Yes, the Self-realised jivanmukta rests in the non-duality of formless Being while engaged with the apparent duality of form.
Old 22-09-2022, 08:23 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
EDIT: iamthat is correct and that's what Rupert Spira labels Lucid Waking.

Interesting! I have never read Rupert Spira till now but some of my friends are of the opinion that Rupert's views are quite different than the Advaita Vedanta's teachings.

Old 22-09-2022, 09:22 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeta
Interesting! I have never read Rupert Spira till now but some of my friends are of the opinion that Rupert's views are quite different than the Advaita Vedanta's teachings.
When I first heard of Rupert I thought that might be the case too, until I listened to some of his material. https://youtu.be/YhYKqblybXs?t=125

Nondual Consciousness: A Dialogue between Rupert Spira and Swami Sarvapriyananda
Old 22-09-2022, 11:56 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
When I first heard of Rupert I thought that might be the case too, until I listened to some of his material. https://youtu.be/YhYKqblybXs?t=125

Nondual Consciousness: A Dialogue between Rupert Spira and Swami Sarvapriyananda

Ah alright! I will check the youtube link, thanks for sharing!

Old 23-09-2022, 12:00 AM
Too many Hindi or Sanskrit words for me.
I'm into just saying it in English...liberation, freedom!
If it was said in Spanish first with, an English word ...I would not like that either. This is an English speaking Forum.

Very young people read here...they have no clue what Vedas are.
Christian, Western people may have had moments of Non-duality ----thinking what the heck are all these foreign words?

This is why I say Hindi Section. Seems many are so caught up in their Hindu or Vedic studies they don't realize ---
1. they are not needed
2. not many are familiar with them

It is, tho, much appreciated definitions are said along with the foreign words.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2022, 12:01 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
'jīvanmukta' is kind of more known concept for me but as Justasimpleguy said the non-duality crosses traditions and I will be delighted to know equivalent of jīvanmukta from other tradtions as well