Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 13-10-2022, 01:20 PM
Molearner

Is reincarnation working ?

My question is: Is reincarnation working ? To achieving its theoretical purpose ? I look at the exploding world population and wonder why so many have to come back to earth. The stock answer seems to be that there is so much more to learn now…..which I am skeptical about. Come back now and you can have a cellphone nailed to your head…..:). A big screen TV, video games…..it is a really good day if you get a lot of likes on social media..on and on and on.

If the spiritual journey is an inner journey as I believe it is, it would seem to demand contemplation time. Instead we seem to have more distractions that are more shiny objects. The college that I am familiar with has study abroad programs which, in theory are beneficial. Increasingly the way it seems to work out many might as well have stayed home. They are in constant contact with friends and family back home. They think they are sharing something great but they are distracted from that which is in front of them.

Am I being skeptical or realistic ? In a counterintuitive way I suspect that the more connected we become it has the reverse effect….we become more disconnected….especially from ourselves. Thus the necessity for reincarnation ?
Old 13-10-2022, 05:16 PM
Molearner

Unless we learn how to judiciously harness technology it will harness us. I see it as analogous to the Tower of Babel…..our modern day version…..:)
Old 13-10-2022, 06:59 PM
Knower

I believe that souls reincarnate here specifically to overcome the challenges that face us in the modern world. We live in a time of consumerism. We have constant new products and technology that separates us from one another and the outside world. Our world is a world of addiction, and I believe many of us are here to learn moderation. Then there are broader issues we face such as war, famine, dehydration, and pollution. We are here to learn to work together and wake up individually despite the many distractions and rampant materialism we face. Is reincarnation working?

That might depend on what you believe. There are many spiritual paths to follow and I am of the belief that most of them can end in enlightenment. The most important thing is love, as all else is a shared illusion. We can learn to love by coming together as friends, family, and communities despite our distractions. Many paths speak on the importance of love. Many paths are lined with opportunities to do good for others, a very important aspect of unconditional love. Therefore I believe it’s our responsibility as reincarnations on this planet to come together, regardless of creed or race, religion or nationality, to solve the serious issues the planet faces. Coming together is another important soul lesson we can learn here. Will we ultimately succeed? I cannot say for certain, but I have hope and we humans have overcome many hurdles in the past. I believe we have improved morally and ethically in our past, and will continue to do so.

Just my two cents.

Love and light your way,

FoxTracks
Old 13-10-2022, 07:37 PM
Molearner

Methusaleh lived to 969. Has anyone ever wondered if that was the reason that reincarnation was instituted?
Old 14-10-2022, 04:57 AM
Knower
As many pitfalls as there are in this time and place, our present still offers a huge opportunity for spiritual growth and to help others. Our purpose hasn't changed. We have been through lifetimes of stress and challenges many times before. We have contracts with other souls to help, to work out karma, etc. that need to be fulfilled.

PastPilot
Old 14-10-2022, 03:06 PM
asearcher

Ah, you mean the buzz....? I agree it can most def do more to detach than connect so we have to be aware of that and take actions, limit it, but in another way people can also feel less alone and connected to others through the buzz too. I think it has two sides to it.
Old 15-10-2022, 07:23 AM
Master

Surely we are confused.

The Christian faith has no place in it for reincarnation.

Those people who have been brought up on the truths of the Bible know that the teachings of the Christian faith tell us that after death and the living of one life we become nothing but ashes and dust. When we die we fall asleep.

The day on which the trumpets will sound, heralding the Day of Judgement, is yet to come and we will all awaken from our slumber to be brought before God to be judged and sentenced. The choice will be between heaven and hell as we well know. Our deeds will be counted and seperated into good and bad.

The death of Jesus at Golgatha and the following actions was a clear sign that we do arise after death,(to face our maker) there is also a clear account of about 500 arisen 'dead' people walking around who were witnessed and included in biblical accounts of that moment.

The couple of times any indication of reincarnation is mentioned in the Bible such as 'the sins of our fathers' and 'reap as you sow' are hardly indications of an afterlife/karma philosophy.

As much as we all desire in our next life to be the Queen of England or a centre forward at Tottenham Hotspurs I'm afraid these dreams are only for those religions and philosophies which include reincarnation in their belief systems.

We are stuck with one life and that's it folks.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 15-10-2022, 10:33 AM
Guide

Just thought I'd let you know, Reincarnation was in the Bible until that Roman Emperor tampered with it. (So as to further influence folk how to behave).
Old 15-10-2022, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Just thought I'd let you know, Reincarnation was in the Bible until that Roman Emperor tampered with it. .
Glad you brought that up..a Roman Emperor?
I didn't know who took it out...I always thought it was King James. Will we ever truly know who?
Glad they left many references in and mostly in the New Testament!
I think they simply missed them!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-10-2022, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
We are stuck with one life and that's it folks.
This should have been qualified as your opinion, Busby.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru