Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 09-09-2023, 05:44 AM
dattaswami

Real & permanent transformation of mind can only cancel sins

Real & permanent transformation of mind can only cancel sins
Both right knowledge & your effort are necessary to achieve the goal

The sin, which is the source of all sufferings, cannot be cancelled through any extent of devotion and any extent of dearness and nearness to God. No way is competent to cancel the sin except one path. Such only one path is real and permanent transformation of the mind. Such transformation will avoid the doing of sin in future. Since the punishment given for the sin done in the past also aims at this transformation only, there is no meaning of punishing the soul further for the past sins after the transformation. Hence, the permanent and real transformation of the soul cancels all the past sins and the future possibility of doing any sin more. There is no other way than this because such unique way is the will of God.

If God cancels all your past sins, it means that you are really and permanently transformed and that you will never do sin in the future. Such permanent and real transformation of the soul can be achieved only by getting the true knowledge, which is the starting step of the correct treatment. After getting the true knowledge, you will try to travel in the right path and now your effort gains importance. Gradually, you will succeed in getting the real and permanent transformation through the right knowledge associated with your subsequent effort to implement the right knowledge in practice. Both right knowledge and your effort are necessary to achieve the goal.

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
Old 09-09-2023, 07:51 AM
Master
Here’s a link that explains the types of karma ~ https://hridaya-yoga.com/the-three-kinds-of-karma/

My view on karma is: Karma can indeed be dissolved by will of God. The karma dissolved is the accumulated past and the one created in this life but not what we have agreed to resolve in this life span, by soul agreement.

Essentially, we must understand what karma, the law of cause and effect is. When we think, act or do anything, acting as a separate identity and misaligned with God’s love vibration, we are generating karma, the ego is generating the karma. Karma can be good or bad, does not matter, it is a bondage and needs to be rotated, that is, the desire or fear correspondent is to be rotated, to experience it spherically.

When we act as a non-doer, no karma is generated. Also, as identity/ego,, if we are in alignment with love, unconditional, all embracing nonjudgmental love, then no karma accrues.

Reworded, we can say that when we operate from the fulcrum of universal consciousness, no karma is created.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:02 AM
Master
Knowledge

Without Wisdom Knowledge is useless....
Imo only.....
Old 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Master

Dattaswami…….you state. “if God cancels all your past sins, it means that you are really and permanently transformed and that you will never do sin in the future”.

Just cannot agree with this statement.

I don’t believe in sin. There is only skilful actions and unskillful actions imo.

Do t believe in a so called God (as a person) either and if there was a God I feel it would all be about love and NOT sin.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:18 PM
My comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattaswami
...The sin, which is the source of all sufferings, cannot be cancelled through any extent of devotion and any extent of dearness and nearness to God.
No way is competent to cancel the sin except one path. Such only one path... Such transformation will avoid the doing of sin in future.
Since the punishment given for the sin done in the past....
(An example of just being able to quote 3 sentences, ha!)

Sorry, only one path - hmm, nope...I'd say there are other ways - example: Grace, repentance.
Punishment? Hmm, nope none of that either.
Lessons in another life that may SEEM like punishment, sure.
And I really hope your first post was not a Copy/paste of someone's words.
We allow 3 sentences, tho.
Please note the OP's name is dattaswami ---not swarmi...I have corrected it many xs now.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Guide

The word SIN stands for SPIRIT-IS-NEGATED, if we negate the Divine spirit
which dwells within all expressed life, then through these lack of SELF
Knowledge, we will thereby encounter the consequences of being ignorant.

We need to fully understand that there are only ever consequences of our
actions, there is NO SUCH A THING AS PUNISHMENT! We are all affected by
what we do(natural divine universal law) and NEVER FOR what we do. There is a big difference between the words "BY" and "FOR" Natural law is that of a
self imposing infinite force. if we drop a hammer on our toe are we being
punished by an invisible deity or simply gravity working??>

blessing michael.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:27 PM
Master
Hello Michael!

‘Punished by sins not for sins’ ~ interesting semantics here, could not understand, frankly speaking.

Sin, in my view, is only a thought, word or deed (energy) released in ignorance. Ignorance, caused by delusion. Once we know the truth, we are able to act in resonance with the will of the universe. So ultimately, in my view, there is no such thing as sin, as commonly understood, as in damnation etc.

Interesting thing, this karma contemplation. There’s a great video of Eckhart Tolle on this ~ https://youtu.be/MEatCKgB6Qc . Someone asked him that since we know not what we do, there is no sin and hence no karma. Had God bestowed wisdom, we would not have erred, so why blame us, if He did not so enable us, more so, since there is no free will at mind-body level of consciousness? Tolle’s answer was quite illuminating actually. He said that an unconscious mind needs to be punished to know the consequence of its unconsciousness! Hence karma.

We all have our understanding on this matter. Let me share what I know, from a direct wisdom download I received. Well, it was a lucid graphic (two separate tutorials, in fact) but I’ll not bore you with the details, unless you really want to go into it ~ the gist is: 1) all conflicts must be resolved by love alone and 2) the victim can forgive and exit the ‘game’ but the aggressor cannot - he needs to become the victim in the next life, suffer and then forgive to exit. Seems harsh but it is just. Otherwise all criminals will sneeze and move on.

Anyway, just sharing, in case it resonates. Will be receptive to any opposing views.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:38 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Hello Michael!

‘Punished by sins not for sins’ ~ interesting semantics here, could not understand, frankly speaking.

Sin, in my view, is only a thought, word or deed (energy) released in ignorance. Ignorance, caused by delusion. Once we know the truth, we are able to act in resonance with the will of the universe. So ultimately, in my view, there is no such thing as sin, as commonly understood, as in damnation etc.

Interesting thing, this karma contemplation. There’s a great video of Eckhart Tolle on this ~ https://youtu.be/MEatCKgB6Qc . Someone asked him that since we know not what we do, there is no sin and hence no karma. Had God bestowed wisdom, we would not have erred, so why blame us, if He did not so enable us, more so, since there is no free will at mind-body level of consciousness? Tolle’s answer was quite illuminating actually. He said that an unconscious mind needs to be punished to know the consequence of its unconsciousness! Hence karma.

We all have our understanding on this matter. Let me share what I know, from a direct wisdom download I received. Well, it was a lucid graphic (two separate tutorials, in fact) but I’ll not bore you with the details, unless you really want to go into it ~ the gist is: 1) all conflicts must be resolved by love alone and 2) the victim can forgive and exit the ‘game’ but the aggressor cannot - he needs to become the victim in the next life, suffer and then forgive to exit. Seems harsh but it is just. Otherwise all criminals will sneeze and move on.

Anyway, just sharing, in case it resonates. Will be receptive to any opposing views.
Blessings Unseeking seeker , I like you do not accept sin, I see that if I jump
of a cliff the result is that i will exit my vehicle very quickly after crashing to
the ground.this is death by what I have done, which was to think I could
escape the law of gravity. SPIRIT IS NEGATED =SIN which has nothing to do
with any religion, but is our natural emergent spiritual core, that is hidden
away by a blanket of ignorance.sin is a religious doctrine and bares no
semblance to reality.

blessings michael
Old 11-09-2023, 11:03 AM
Master

As per eastern philosophy, awareness or mindfulness, total love and virtuous conduct, prana rich state, can neutralize all defilements of the mind which generates sin.

The 'right knowledge and effort', which Dattaswami talks of, is any religious philosophy and corresponding methodology that combines the above sin-busters in a way that prevents further vice and also assures destruction of past karma or mental defilements.

When all karma or defilements are erased, it results in Self-realization or enlightenment.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 14-09-2023, 09:42 PM
Master
Karma is created by intent. Its neither good or bad, it is simply the boomerang like return of our intent. One can describe our actions which create karma to be either skillful or unskillful however, as in using our knowledge of karma to create benevalent results. Regarding the dispersion of karma, to a degree this can be done by positive spiritual practices such as mantra and prayeror by gods divine grace. Some karmas however are too big to be avoided and must be lived with, although even here god can help us to bear it.