Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 07-09-2021, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
I don't wanna sound stupid...but is that also the sitar musician? RIP

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-09-2021, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed

EXCERPT

The root to the word “BRAHMAN” originally meant “SPEECH”, much the same as the “LOGOS” is said to mean ‘WORD.

Could the Hindu 'Brahman', and the Christian 'Logos', be the same creator God, who is the Essential Divine Reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return at the close of each period of universal activity?

I think you have provided the 'words' that link all the major religions under one roof.

Thanks for the contribution!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-09-2021, 07:47 AM
Mahesh72

Quote:
440 BC - Democritus and Leucippus suggested the idea of the atom, an indivisible particle that all matter is made of. To the ancient Greeks the word atom meant indivisible. It was used to describe the smallest indivisible piece of a matter. Atom was derived from the Greek word atomon or atomos meaning indestructible.

They were right till now. No one can destruct/divide atom into half/quarter/any portion. It cannot be cut by knife.

The scientists now only penetrates the atom and see what is inside with microscope, they didn't divided/destructed/cut them by knife/tools, it is inseparable, and they just zoom in and see what's inside.

What's inside Atom,is 99% "Nothingness", only some 'electrons' and very-very little 'neutrons and protons' and "Quarks" when furthur zoomed. These three things just represent "Gunas" of "active,passive and still", "positive,negative and neutral" "Rajas,Tamas and Sattvic". The positive is "Protons" and is "rajasic", like a King, and so they call "RAJA" in India. The Tamas are like 'people' who waste their life in roaming for fun/joy/desires in earth. The "sattvic" is Neutral, and don't care what happens and just penetrates 'inside'/ thinks 'outside' is only "god" which is 99% nothingness and just remains 'still and calm'. The person who 'penetrates' inside, see the "quarks Heptons,Bosons,etc.." like "emotions", and "thoughts" are like "wave-particle Duality" (i.e. the subtlest particle science found in elementary particles looks similarly like waves, though it is seen at large scale as particle"), negates them and furthur penetrates and goes deep. When they goes so, they reach Planck Length and feels the "Bliss", and then they go further, then comes "black Hole" or "singularity" or "nothingness". (i.e. Enlightenment).

The "Singularity" is in the core of Black Hole as you said, and one cannot reach the singularity, until the whole Universe been absorbed/disappears into the Singularity. Until this absorption, the person dwells in the Event Horizon, and keeps on moving towards the deep inside. But the outside of Event Horizon, time moves so rapidly for the person inside, so soon the Universe will dissolve for those person.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:47 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh72
They were right till now. No one can destruct/divide atom into half/quarter/any portion. It cannot be cut by knife.

The scientists now only penetrates the atom and see what is inside with microscope, they didn't divided/destructed/cut them by knife/tools, it is inseparable, and they just zoom in and see what's inside.

When the singularity of origin was first spatially separated, there were no atoms.

Atoms are created from protons, which are the quantum of the electromagnetic energy that was spewed out in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, and atoms are reconverted to the photons from which they were created in the 'Big Crunch' when all the universe is returned to the singularity from which it was created.

Here is the scientific theory of creation........In the beginning, there was the “BIG BANG” which is said to have spatially separated the supposed infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity, (which in my opinion was the White Hole at the end of the Great Abyss into which the previous universe had descended and re-converted to the electromagnetic energy from which it had been created.)

This event spewed out a liquid like soup of electromagnetic energy in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, and it was from the quantum of that plasma liquid-like electromagnetic energy that the earth and all the heavenly bodies would be created, and although, all that the earth was created from, was already there in the beginning, the earth at that time had neither constant shape or mass, which meant it was formless and void, and no suns had yet come into existence to light up the darkness of the expanding space.

But there was momentum (God’s active force, which was moving on the face of the waters, or liquid-like plasma) within that ever-cooling cosmic cloud of wave particles, which wave particles are the quantum of that liquid like electromagnetic energy, and are not really particles at all as they have zero mass and no electric charge, yet they carry angular and linear momentum.

One would expect, that those wave particles which are the quantum of the liquid like electromagnetic energy, would have continued to expand further and further away from each other in the expansion of the universal building material.

But with the angular momentum of those waves, they collided with each other in nuclear fusion in the creation of the first basic sub-atomic particles.

As the universal temperature dropped to some billions of degrees, the dark energy which was the expansion’s acceleration force, began to form into dark matter, hydrogen and helium, with trace quantities of lithium, beryllium, and boron.

As the universe expanded and cooled, more hydrogen molecules were formed, and from these, after some thirty million years of gravitational attraction, came the formation of the first gigantic stars, [Massive atomic reactors] from which the galaxies would later be created.

And God said, “Let there be light.” Which was not the light from the sun of this minor solar system within our Milky Way galaxy, which solar system would not be created for some nine billion years after the creation of those first massive stars that lit up the darkness of the bottomless pit, in which massive nuclear reactors the heavier elements were created.

Bursting into life and light throughout the primitive universe over an unknown period of time, those first generation stars would have been thousands upon thousands of times as massive as our Sun and millions of times as bright, but each one burned for only a few million years before meeting a violent end, when they exploded out in a brilliant flash before collapsing in upon themselves creating the massive centrally condensed systems called ‘Black Holes.’

Was the earth created before our minor sun, as is revealed in the Bible? And did life begin to evolve on earth before our sun burst into life? And could the complexity of life as seen on the earth today, have evolved over the comparatively short period of a mere 4.6 billion years from the day when the earth was created?
Old 13-09-2021, 03:44 PM
Master
Great conversations here. I bashed my head against what is what and the relationship between Jesus and brahma for a while.
These days I like Sai baba`s interpretation, that Jesus was an Avatar, just like Krishna, the divine descended into human form. Both were beyond religion, they just came to kick start a flagging level of human consciousness back onto the path of spirituality.
Everyone is different, I struggle to immerse myself into the philosophy of the vedas, although I do open the Bhagavad and Udhava gitas from time to time. I don`t read the bible as I find it doesn`t speak to me in my language.
I realise now, that the best time is spent with God, meditating on him, or chatting with him, bringing him into your daily life, not separating him from it. If our intent is right and our focus, or as my friend says, alignment of heart and mind on God (any aspect of him that suits you), then this is the best way.
Old 14-09-2021, 12:25 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
If our intent is right and our focus, or as my friend says, alignment of heart and mind on God (any aspect of him that suits you), then this is the best way.

I see our God as the divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return at the close of each period of universal activity.

This universe and all herein, is our God made manifest, and how can you say that you love God and yet hate your brother who God has become.

As Jesus said to the Pharisee who asked what he must do to inherit everlasting life; "Love God with all your body, with all your mind and with all your soul, and love your neighbour as yourself, and you will live, because the complete law is fulfilled in those two commands.

What a wonderful world it will be when everybody obeys the very law that they impose on their neighbours; "Do not steal from me or mine, do not kill or harm me or mine, do not bear false witness against me or mine, do not lay with my spouse, etc, etc.

We are our own Judge. Those who break the laws that they impose on the rest of society around them condemn themselves to suffer the second death from which there is no return, for the death of the mind, is the eternal punishment for sin.
Old 15-09-2021, 05:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I don't wanna sound stupid...but is that also the sitar musician? RIP

Hi Miss Hepburn,

The sitar musicians name is Ravi Shankar.

The 'Sri Sri Ravi Shankar' mentioned is a yoga master and the founder of the Art of Living Foundation also known for its philanthropic work throughout the world.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was nominated for the Nobel prize as well for his efforts for restoration of peace in conflict-ridden Columbia.

In fact, the Columbian government had in July 2015 honoured Sri Sri with their highest civilian award, ‘Orden de la Democracia Simón Bolívar’, in recognition of this.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 15-09-2021, 06:45 AM
Master
QUOTE 9 EXCERPT:

Quote:

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine.

... 'THE LOGOS' who is "THE GREAT THOUGHT" or as you would have it "THE PURE CONSCIOUSNESS".

First of all, this is a great post. Thank you for taking the time to create it.

As for the universe beginning to look more and more like a "GREAT THOUGHT", other Nobel-Prize winning quantum physicists have come to the same conclusion. Schroedinger explicitly wrote that science will NOT be able to investigate the subtlest levels of consciousness. He indicated that meditation alone can accomplish that as the experiments of the traditional scientist will impact what is being observed.

As you duly noted, this is consistent with the teachings of Krishna and other sages despite differences in the choice of words (Brahman, Logos,etc.)

The Sufi mystic Hazrat Inayat Khan, under whose son I practiced for some time, stated that creation begins with the activity of consciousness, which is vibration (sound, shabd, whatever). The choice of words may be different, but the process described is virtually the same in the various wisdom traditions of depth.

I really appreciate your insightful post.
Old 15-09-2021, 06:53 AM
Master
QUOTE 16 EXCEPT:

Quote:
I see our God as the divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return at the close of each period of universal activity.

We are our own Judge.

That is my understanding as well.

Could you elaborate more on the judgment part as I believe that we are in sync but am not sure?
Old 15-09-2021, 06:59 AM
Master
QUOTE 15 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
These days I like Sai baba`s interpretation, that Jesus was an Avatar, just like Krishna, the divine descended into human form.

I realise now, that the best time is spent with God, meditating on him.

I came to virtually the same conclusions myself years ago.

Before my spiritual mentor left the earth plane, I asked her a question to which she responded quite appropriately: "You're an experienced meditator. Meditate and all (that is important to know) will be revealed. Besides, I won't be here much longer." Within two months, she left the earth plane but only after guiding disciples to become lights unto themselves through meditating on God, as you duly noted. At that point, the books are no longer really necessary though one can continue to delight in the creative manner in which teachers try to express the Truth that is inexpressible in inadequate words.

Nice post.