Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-06-2021, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
As Jung...
...the self.
Yeah trinity. Is of spiritual subtle matters. Duality of gross physical matter. Is what I have heard. I guess the subtle is of higher frequency. And higher frequency requires more alignment and is thus less resistant, more allowing.
It's like dark and light shift, back and forth, and vibrate, faster and faster, that's how I heard someone describe it.
And Father Son and Holy Ghost/Spirit. In old fashioned term.

I personally don't understand it, except I can feel, the worse I feel emotionally, the more resistance, and the more duality and the more split energy. When I think thoughts that feel bad.
When I simply relax, let go of thoughts, and seek peace and sometimes even deliberately reach for joy. The better feeling emotions always indicate less duality, in my experience. More unity in perspective and realisation, and also in and of clarity and knowing.

Some say, Father(or mother) knows, son experiences, and holy spirit bees. Being. And then they say holy spirit is of highest joy.

Wherever I go, all people refer to God when they speak of this good thing. That always feels very good emotionally.

All the words are confusing except using words to refer to the emotion, is the one thing that unites all religion, philosophy, divine information, purpose, non-religions like daoism, etc etc.

The words always change meaning. What ment something at one point, means something else at another point. Even for the same person.
The emotion is the only thing that ever will be true connection with Source from within.

When one is taught to feel bad emotionally, they usually live a life of suffering. That always ends up being revealed as irrelevant and unnecessary. All benefit comes from a soul, that every human has, that is the breath of God.

Anyway these words also don't teach anything. Only experience teaches and the emotion and being aware of it, and knowing that it comes from within and not from without.

No human on the planet can replace personal emotion and thus personal connection to Source. We think our thoughts, we give our attention to thoughts, and addopt their vibration, and then feel our energy motional emotional relativity to Source.

God Source has an opinion about everything. It is extremely clear and well defined and refined, and its definitions and refinitions is eternally ever expanding and becoming evermore. And so the emotion will continue to become more important, untill no human being can afford ignoring the guidance they receive from within, that they receive from their broader non-physical perspective.

But we will always be free to think thoughts that feel bad, and care more about conditions, than caring about how we feel. And thus temporarily create unnecessery suffering, for many reasons we choose to believe are more important than how we feel emotionally, and how aligned we are to our own inner god source of infinite intelligence, eternal wisdom and unconditional love.
Old 20-06-2021, 02:29 PM
Master
When I say life sux, and nothing is good. Everything is evil. Life is evil. Life is suffering. Everything is bad.
When I think these things and believe them. I feel bad emotionally. I feel emotional pain. Discomfort.
My human body feels pain.
My human being rejects it.

It is not natural for the human body.

It is not easy to focus on a different energy than I am used to... It will backfire... Resistant negative energy has to be released gradually and naturally. And meditation helps with that. When life is not capable of providing positive energy, we have to meditate, because suffering is unnatural, and never helpful. It doesn't help the self or others, it doesn't do any one any good.

Healing takes time. Meditation is indeed a distraction from these unhelpful unnatural energies. The emotion is always natural. We feel the pain, because the goodness exists. If the goodness did not exist, we would feel no pain when we are focused on its absence.

In a world where there is only good, meditation would be unnecessary. When one meditates one can learn to focus only on the good. And then meditation would also be unnecessary. It becomes more of a few seconds of pause to set intention.

Withouth the ability to focus, one wont be able to live an enjoyable life. Without finding personal connection to joy of God Source from within, one can never live a life that is the life one truely signed up for, came into being for. One exists for. To truely become who one truely is ment to be.

The conditions will never be able to replace this connection. And if one has questions, then those questions can also never become answered, without personal connection to God Source from within. Because we are eternal, the only purpose will always be to live joyous eternity. And that can only mean, joy, in the here and now. As an emotion. Not a condition. Or idea.

There are ideas however which are capable more of reaching joy, and some which are less capable of reaching eternal here and now joy. And no one can tell you what those ideas are. Only you, as you think them, and feel how they feel to you, worse or better, emotionally.

And the same is true for idea, including this subject of non-duality. There is no one answer for everyone. It's all about personal realisation and fulfillment of personal purpose and connection to god source from within.

If there was only one way, there would be only one person. There are infinite beings. All have their own infinitely deep personal connection to God Source. Personal energy motional, e-motional, connection to God Source from within.

This connection is eternal, disconnection does not exist. Only relative connection. One cannot run away from this inner connection and inseperability. But one can run away from things which do not allow the personal connection from within. And ofcourse running away also does nothing for the connection, because it is not a physical thing. It is a consciousness thing. The emotion indicates the alignment and connection of the consciousness to the greater god source consciousness. That is always aware of you and loving you unconditionally. And when we focus our consciousness on anything that feels bad, we may feel like and experience ourselves losing our connection. But that is because, we are always, eternally, and infinitely, here and now, inseperably connected. And disallowing that, to any degree, will always feel bad. Eternally. And eternally, unnecessary.
Old 21-06-2021, 12:55 AM
Master
Quote:
But do we have the choice, really? It was a Spanish psychologist that said that there are some 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee', and it's that 'committee' that makes the choices. We're only conscious of it later, and if we're not consciously happy with it, then is goes back to the coimmitte.
I do not know about the 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee'. Even if there are 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee', those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' are still brahman. Believing in those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' separates and fragments brahman another 16 ways. Being conscious and aware of those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' or not is what matters, however if you are not conscious and aware of those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee', how do you know those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' is true/exists? I know the programming/conditioning that I have/store in my unconscious is true/exists, because I am conscious and aware of the effects that my conditioning/programming causes.

Quote:
Separation is how we learn and understand, Brahman understands itself better from the perspective of not-Brahman than it does from the perspective of Brahman.
It is more accurate to say Brahman understands itself better from the perspective of brahman as an individual whom is not separate from brahman than it does from the perspective of the non individual brahman. The individual is the one whom is conscious and aware, the non individual brahman is not conscious and aware of itself as the non individual brahman, however brahman is consciousness and awareness though.

Quote:
We didn't need to learn duality, it came as part of the package and it's one of the many roles the ego has - the ego is differentiated consciousness and its that which 'creates' Duality. Until around puberty our personalities are an extension of our mother's, after puberty we go through what Jung called Individuation - which is the process of autonomy and hopefully psychological completeness of the realisation of the self. That being the union/balance/oneness between the conscious and the unconscious.

People embody Duality in that their reality has both conscious and conscious aspects but polarise their consciousness in favour of the conscious, while denying/ignoring their unconscious. They use the word 'self' to describe themselves and separate themselves from themselves but what they mean is their ego, they have the differentiated consciousness of the ego instead of resolving the paradox between the two as the self has.

When someone decides they are a Spiritual Being then Duality and separation exists, because all they're doing is separating aspects of themselves. They don't need an excuse when they're on an ego trip.
I agree with everything you said above. I think one whom turns to spirituality to comfort his/her ego, feelings ect is a form of an ego trip, and so is someone who separates the physical from the spiritual, so he/she "transcends" the physical to be above and beyond the physical (which includes other human beings).
Old 21-06-2021, 04:28 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Swami Vivekananda was also reputed to have that level of meditative prowess and there's one account of him meditating in a garden on a hot summer day and his face being covered with mosquitoes and apparently beyond his notice. Vivekananda was also of the opinion isolating one's self in a cave in the Himalayas or hut on the Ganges spending most of one's time in Samadhi was a waste of a life. He was all for engaging with life.
Which is the kind of thing I can do, sometimes to my wife's chagrin. I've never spent much time meditating but I can focus on something to the exclusion of all else, even though the focus is on nothing at all.

Sometimes Life itself is all the teacher we need.

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned it's not about obliterating ego but attaining enough clarity of mind and knowledge to come to the point of Realization where ego still exists but has little to no power as in not being the center and driver of our embodied existence. It's just another character in the play we're watching unfold and we also have power over its script (probably more aptly described as true free will).
We need the ego to function and experience, in fact if we didn't have an ego there would be no thought of 'I am Enlightened'. Ego as the bad guy is nothing more than intentional ignorance posing as Spirituality. Without the ego there is no Realisation because a Realisation is not the ego itself but one of the 'contents' of the ego, and that's where so many Spiritual people fall over in their understanding.

No ego, no I am.

It's the unconscious that has the 'real power' over our realities, and will remain so until we make the unconscious conscious. Until we do that Free Will is not much more than a nice thought and frankly, an illusion. The conscious is not the driver, there are a couple of unconscious processes that have more power over us than the conscious mind - we are only conscious after the processing.
Old 21-06-2021, 04:57 AM
Greenslade

[quote=MikeS80]I do not know about the 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee'. Even if there are 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee', those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' are still brahman. Believing in those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' separates and fragments brahman another 16 ways. Being conscious and aware of those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' or not is what matters, however if you are not conscious and aware of those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee', how do you know those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' is true/exists? I know the programming/conditioning that I have/store in my unconscious is true/exists, because I am conscious and aware of the effects that my conditioning/programming causes.]/quote] Those 'committee members' create separation between them and you've already mentioned a couple of them, they're widely accepted in psychology and that's a science that isn't based on beliefs.

I am conscious and aware that those 'committee' members exists and I've spent a lot of time with a therapist 'dismantling' some of them. Not being aware that they exist or turning a blind eye doesn't make them wink out of existence, it makes the person ignorant of the driving forces behind their reality.

Being aware of the effects of the conditioning is one thing, actively changing it from the root cause is something else again. Until you do that thinking you are not programmed any more can be a part of the programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
It is more accurate to say Brahman understands itself better from the perspective of brahman as an individual whom is not separate from brahman than it does from the perspective of the non individual brahman. The individual is the one whom is conscious and aware, the non individual brahman is not conscious and aware of itself as the non individual brahman, however brahman is consciousness and awareness though.
But isn't everything Brahman regardless of what we are conscious of or not? What is or is not Brahman is the differentiated consciousness of the ego and not the undifferentiated consciousness of the self. The self has resolved the paradoxes, so it would have already solved the paradox of what is not Brahman is also Brahman. It's the mind and therefore the ego that can't come to terms with that via the unconscious process of cognitive dissonance.

Quote:
I agree with everything you said above. I think one whom turns to spirituality to comfort his/her ego, feelings ect is a form of an ego trip, and so is someone who separates the physical from the spiritual, so he/she "transcends" the physical to be above and beyond the physical (which includes other human beings).
It makes me wonder if someone who describes themselves as a 'Spiritual Being' really likes who they are and are looking for something better.

It's not about 'transcending' it's about 'encompassing' - Brahman encompasses everything, Brahman doesn't transcend anything because 'leaving it behind' or demoting its importance for something else diminishes Brahman.
Old 21-06-2021, 05:16 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes! They were great posts! :)

Yes...They are
Old 21-06-2021, 10:20 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
It's the unconscious that has the 'real power' over our realities, and will remain so until we make the unconscious conscious.
If we're speaking about attention there's not enough bandwidth. That bottleneck is something like 120 bits per second. Something relatively simple like listening to one person speak takes up roughly half that bandwidth. Being cognizant of what's going on in the subconscious would be like trying to run Niagara Falls through a garden hose. Another way to think about it is it would be like trying to display all the processing of an app on a smart phone in a fraction of a second instead of just displaying the end result of the app's processing.

I suppose one way to look at spirituality is being aware those subconscious subroutines exist and over time and through spiritual practices slowly rewriting and optimizing them.

As Dirty Harry said... https://youtu.be/_VrFV5r8cs0
Old 21-06-2021, 06:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Swami Vivekananda was also reputed to have that level of meditative prowess and there's one account of him meditating in a garden on a hot summer day and his face being covered with mosquitoes and apparently beyond his notice.

Love it.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 22-06-2021, 06:17 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Yeah trinity. Is of spiritual subtle matters. Duality of gross physical matter. Is what I have heard. I guess the subtle is of higher frequency. And higher frequency requires more alignment and is thus less resistant, more allowing.
The pre-Taoist alchemists called it Triplex Unity where there is 'this, there is 'that' and there is 'both' while in Christianity you have the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Both form the basis of five-dimensional thinking. At best and if you accept Duality you have three dimensions of thinking, if you don't accept Duality and ignore one of the aspects - which is more common than most would believe - you end up with one-dimensional thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
But we will always be free to think thoughts that feel bad, and care more about conditions, than caring about how we feel. And thus temporarily create unnecessery suffering, for many reasons we choose to believe are more important than how we feel emotionally, and how aligned we are to our own inner god source of infinite intelligence, eternal wisdom and unconditional love.
This is where that one-dimensional thinking comes into plat within Spirituality, the other dimension of this being psychology. We are less free to think our thoughts than we think we are.
Old 22-06-2021, 06:32 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Being conscious and aware of those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' or not is what matters, however if you are not conscious and aware of those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee', how do you know those 16 'aspects' of us that form a 'committee' is true/exists? I know the programming/conditioning that I have/store in my unconscious is true/exists, because I am conscious and aware of the effects that my conditioning/programming causes.
“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate”.
Carl Jung

I know that some of those 16 'aspects' exists because I've explored a few of them, as for the rest well I'm happy to take the word of people who have done the scientific research.

Quote:
Brahman can understand itself from any perspective, perhaps that's the whole point of the existence of individuals in any shape or form.

Quote:
Yes it often is an ego trip and there are certain behaviours indicative of ego that are very tell-tale - like using the word 'Spiritual' as a prefix. To the ego, 'Spiritual Being' has more status than 'being'. After that it can become a dissociative mental health issue. But if your head is screwed then so is your Spirituality.