Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 25-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Guide
Color Unexpected (my latest penned and TRUE story!)

It was the last few days in December 2017. My doorbell rang. Saturday evening - who could it be? I was not expecting to find the 2 paramedics with an ambulance parked nearby! A stressful sight! They'd been contacted by the lady I met that afternoon; she helped me carry my shopping home, having seen me weak and breathless. I recall her asking if I lived alone which, on reflection, I now realised was for a reason.

The paramedics found that I had low oxygen levels and wanted me to go to A & E. I was reluctant - was I so ill? The aggressive cough I had before Xmas had subsided a little but left me noticeably breathless. I put this down to old age, overlooking my waning appetite. I was told I would jump the A & E queue, so this enticement - along with the paramedic lady telling me that she had a duty of care, finally persuaded me. I packed a few things, expecting I'd be back later. Not to be...

At A & E I swiftly received professional help. I remember finally relaxing and being relieved that I was now in safe hands. The paramedic lady told me she was now leaving and I seized the opportunity to give her a heartfelt 'thank you'. She and the lady that alerted the paramedics were instrumental in probably saving my life. Also, of course, the A & E team at St. George's hospital who I later praised in an online review.

I spent 2 days in an isolation room. It was totally white and staff entered sporting white masks and gloves, silently carrying out various tasks to my body. It felt quite alienating relieved temporarily by very welcomed cups of tea - a reminder of normality! Towards the end of the 2nd day, whatever I was suspected of having had been deemed not to be contagious. Actually I only discovered what my illness was from notes held at the foot of my bed i.e. was never told that I had pneumonia. (Much later still, x rays revealed I had a partially collapsed lung.)

It was late at night when a wheelchair came to transfer me to a ward; the lift number indicating it was quite high up. The monochrome environment that had been my reality for 2 days now gave way to the accustomed technicolour of normal life....even MORE so than usual! Specifically, I was entering a ward corridor filled with multi-coloured, shiny Xmas decorations - even a real xmas tree! Seeing a xmas display in hospital felt both strange but oh so cosy and welcoming. I recall feeling like I was being allowed to live and that I was now back in the land of the living.

As if this wasn't enough, my allocated bed was beside an expansive window. It was 30 minutes past midnight and....New Year's Eve! I had completely forgotten! The dark sky became a vast backdrop to spectacular displays of fireworks with their bursts of glittering colours, soaring upwards then exploding out into magnificent sprays. Exciting and energising! I felt humbled and so thankful that I had not missed out after all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 26-04-2021, 06:18 AM
Elfin

Hi .. and that really really IS a beautifully written, and poignant account...
Thank you for sharing that with us..
You certainly met your Earth Angel that day whilst out shopping.
I can fully empathize with how you felt after you had been admitted to hospital.
I was the same last year... Battling on for weeks, only to admit defeat and ending up and n hospital.
But once there I too felt a sense of relief and did not realise just how poorly I really was...
Your story is lovely... Especially the fireworks at the end, as if a "show" of spectacular colour and cheer just to you, and you alone , from your Angels....
Old 26-04-2021, 11:45 AM
Guide
Thank you Elfin. You are, of course, in a position to more fully understand and appreciate this experience although I did wonder whether it might be the last thing you'd want to read!
Old 26-04-2021, 03:10 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Thank you Elfin. You are, of course, in a position to more fully understand and appreciate this experience although I did wonder whether it might be the last thing you'd want to read!
... OH ANGEL.... Of course not ...it actually helps.. although of course I am sorry that you experienced all of that.
( And I do know of course how terrible collapsed lungs are , and how very very Very painful , as both of my brother's suffered then)...
The only time it would be be the last thing I wanted to read , was if indeed it was the last thing I ever read !!!! LOL..... Sending lots of love .....