Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-05-2021, 07:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1
Instead of focusing on what we have in common, it seems today we focus on what makes us different thereby creating "tribes" that insulate us. If you are not a member of a certain "tribe" you are viewed with scorn, especially if you don't adhere to the "tribes" narrative. We have made tremendous strides technologically, but emotionally we seem to be as immature as we were 1000's of years ago. It's a bit disheartening to see vituperations heaped on others just because they have a different world view. Fundamentally, we are alike a lot more than we are different, and I wish we would realize that and come together.

Agree, and yet if we consider human development over the past 2,000 years then we see a steady progression towards unity. Yes, it is a slow process and there are setbacks, but we are now connected in ways which would have been unimaginable even 100 years ago.

And a further thought on the issue of suffering on this planet. I have read communications from various sources which state that despite all our faults and failings, we humans are held in high regard by those observing us from various dimensions because we have chosen such a difficult path of learning. And those humans who graduate from this Earth school to continue their learning and activities in other spheres have a quality of consciousness which is lacking in those who have taken less arduous paths.

Is there any truth to this? I have no idea, but it does make sense. As the saying goes, no pressure, no diamond.

Peace
Old 12-05-2021, 07:56 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Agree, and yet if we consider human development over the past 2,000 years then we see a steady progression towards unity. Yes, it is a slow process and there are setbacks, but we are now connected in ways which would have been unimaginable even 100 years ago.
I have read the same thing...that coming into this reality we figuratively cut ourselves off from the Source/All That Is. Eventually we find our way back...but the journey can be "challenging", lol.
Old 13-05-2021, 07:05 PM
Master
Thought that have a chance on the account to identify with the reincarnation would be of help! That you can have a chance of control over the account -give and take after the perception—-must apply self control although you probably would only have memory of the interdiction or introduction part... I’ve reincarnated a few times and have small amount of memory and that was one avartar after another at one point —- the deposits are small and slow pulling, for the benefit! Scared is definitely the answer between the recreation...

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 14-05-2021, 05:39 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadguy347
I don't want to go through the horror of childhood, or to lose my identity, or worse be reincarnated as an evil person or someone suffering in a horrible part of the world.

I hate this idea that we are sent here to learn.
I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time right now. From what I understand, we have a lot of control and choice as to when and if we reincarnate and under what conditions and where and when.

I highly recommend that you read the Oversoul 7 Trilogy by Jane Roberts. From what I understand the three novels are based on her Seth channeling. The books cover reincarnation, soul groups and the afterlife.

I hope you're feeling better today.
Old 18-05-2021, 01:46 PM
Newbie ;)

I have terrible anxiety. I don't know why it has flared up again, but it has. Been a really rough two weeks. I am in constant emotional pain.

Everything scares me. The idea that this is all there is is horrifying given all the people who have died young, suffered nothing but miserable and wasted lives.

Reincarnation scares me for reasons I've already mentioned, whilst eternal return is the ultimate horror for me and the universe.

I just hope there is something in any NDE to back up my belief in the afterlife.

My belief is that, some entity travels back and creates the multiverse. It also creates a kind of heaven that is connected to each universe.

People's souls are downloaded into the heaven and there they are allowed to live out full and happy versions of their own lives.

IE you get to choose what your next life is. It's not full of horror, pain, sadness and you get to relive it again with no memory of your previous one.

That to me is the best afterlife. You're you, but you don't have to go through things like horrible childhood's school, or make the same mistakes again.
Old 18-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Quote:
I have terrible anxiety. I don't know why it has flared up again, but it has. Been a really rough two weeks. I am in constant emotional pain.

Everything scares me.
Have you tried to control your thoughts yet?
Cuz they will make a life miserable when allowed to rule!
It's like giving the rudder of a boat to a pack of wild horses!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-05-2021, 06:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Everything scares me. The idea that this is all there is is horrifying given all the people who have
I'm simply a layman but have you consulted with a doctor to see if you could get help with your anxieties? If there's a medical cause that could be treated/helped you might then find you're less anxious about the things you've outlined here.
Old 18-05-2021, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
That to me is the best afterlife. You're you, but you don't have to go through things like horrible childhood's school, or make the same mistakes again.

It's not certain that reincarnation is real. Some spiritual traditions say yes, others say no. Some people claim to have past life memories, others not. Some consider dreams to be memories, others not so. Perhaps it's also possible that, assuming reincarnation exists, some of us haven't been here before.

Having to go through the same process over and over again (learning to walk, talk, childhood, growing up, marriage, etc.) sounds like a waste of time. The vast majority of people not having any past life memory doesn't really help either in fortifying the belief, in my honourable opinion. It would mean mass amnesia, and then we'd need a bogus reason to explain the amnesia (''all in the ego, they are'', ''all cursing god, they do'', ''all eating the holy cows, they do'' etc. etc.).

Go back a few centuries in time and almost nobody (outside of East Asia and SE Asia) believed in it. It would have been the norm to interpret ''memories'' as something else, just as today's ''spirit guides'' were ''Biblical angels'' in the past, or ''enlightenment'' perhaps ''the Holy Ghost''. Some may say these are the same, but the implications are definitely different, as is how people interpret their experience and how they imagine the afterlife.
Old 18-05-2021, 08:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Go back a few centuries in time and almost nobody (outside of East Asia and SE Asia) believed in it (reincarnation)

This is open to question. For example:

Benjamin Franklin: Thus, finding myself to exist in the world, I believe I shall, in some shape or other, always exist; and, with all the inconveniences human life is liable to, I shall not object to a new edition of mine, hoping, however, that the errata of the last may be corrected.

Henry Ford: I adopted the theory of Reincarnation when I was twenty six. Religion offered nothing to the point. Even work could not give me complete satisfaction. Work is futile if we cannot utilize the experience we collect in one life in the next. When I discovered Reincarnation it was as if I had found a universal plan I realized that there was a chance to work out my ideas. Time was no longer limited. I was no longer a slave to the hands of the clock. ... The discovery of Reincarnation put my mind at ease.

David Lloyd George: The conventional heaven with its angels perpetually singing etc. nearly drove me mad in my youth and made me an atheist for ten years. My opinion is that we shall be reincarnated.

Voltaire: It is no more surprising to be born once than to be born twice: everything in nature is resurrection.

Honore de Balzac: The virtues we acquire, which develop slowly within us, are the invisible links that bind each one of our existences to the others - existences which the spirit alone remembers, for Matter has no memory for spiritual things.

Origen (early Christian theologian): It can be shown that an incorporeal and reasonable being has life in itself independently of the body... then it is beyond a doubt bodies are only of secondary importance and arise from time to time to meet the varying conditions of reasonable creatures. Those who require bodies are clothed with them, and contrariwise, when fallen souls have lifted themselves up to better things their bodies are once more annihilated. They are ever vanishing and ever reappearing.

Pythagoras: Souls never die, but always on quitting one abode pass to another. All things change, nothing perishes. The soul passes hither and thither, occupying now this body, now that... As a wax is stamped with certain figures, then melted, then stamped anew with others, yet it is always the same wax. So, the Soul being always the same, yet wears at different times different forms.

Not to mention Plato, Aristotle and Socrates who also taught the idea of reincarnation. Just a small sample of those outside Asia who believed in reincarnation.

Peace
Old 18-05-2021, 08:23 PM
Deactivated Account
It makes no difference to actuality how many have believed - or had had no belief in - reincarnation.

You could cite 'til the cows come home celebrities thoughts or beliefs but not a single one of anyone else's ideas is any more - or any less - valid than one's own.

We can't prove reincarnation occurs and we can't prove it doesn't. What we might claim, however, is that there is evidence that appears to support the notion but no evidence at all that can disprove it.