Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 07-06-2021, 07:18 AM
Deactivated Account
overjoyed? A message from whom, confirming what?
Old 07-06-2021, 10:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quodsi
In Carl Jung's works, I've read that he says, what people call 'spirit guides" are simply archetypes of the unconscious.
"Jung observed that “Philemon and other figures of my fantasies brought home to me the crucial insight that there are things in the psyche which I do not produce, but which produce themselves and have their own life. Philemon represented a force that was not myself. In my fantasies I held conversations with him, and he said things which I had not consciously thought. […]"

Jung might well have been a medium or someone who could channel but it has to be put into context. At his time, Jung was a member of a scientific society that Freud had founded (if I remember rightly) and metaphysics might not have gone down so well. He was certainly a scholar of Advaita Vedanta and arguably modelled his concept of the self on a Westernised Brahman, while the ego is certainly a Westernised Ahamkara. Mediumship at that time was also perceived as lunacy.

There are times when it seems we have 'internal' guides because sometimes knowing/understanding can come from inside ourselves. That's what is known as Gnosis or, putting it simply, knowing without knowing how you know. That can easily be perceived to be an 'internal Spirit Guide' or the archetype of. It can also be explained in the understanding of how the conscious and the unconscious interacts.

What Jung was talking about was living entities 'outside' himself and that's into the realms of mediumship. There he's 'in communion' with Spirit beings and puts it down to fantasy, but if he had someone who was mediumistic then I think it wouldn't have been so much of a fantasy.

Spirit Guides are conscious entities in their own rights so yes, they do very much exist. However, how they appear is entirely down to the individual because consciousness has no shape or form. Your expectations don't give then Life, your perceptions create a form that exists only in your own mind.

You can communicate with yourself or you can communicate with an independent, conscious being but the trick is understanding which is what. Most people talk to themselves, it's just the mind's way of compartmentalising two sides of the same argument so they can be resolved. But sometimes it's schizophrenia. Those are the ones 'you' give life to. Being a medium and creating a Spirit link means you can communicate with an independent, conscious being.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I tend to think that it is all coming from within ourselves, it does not really matter how they appear, from you or from outside of you, there's only one source so you could say all it's coming from within.

Just my opinion.
There are two sources, one is Spirit and the other is the unconscious. It's the appearance that comes from ourselves, either way.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob

I suspect whatever I write, you will object to it. So let's leave it at that. No need to reply.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:23 PM
Deactivated Account
I question what's not clear.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:28 PM
Gee, sorry so long!

'coming from within ourselves'...
That interests me because when my ole buddy, my Uncle, comes to me
I am alone and he always creates
the smell of the ocean with salty air and seagulls, ya know.
(But I'm at 6000 feet elevation {1830 meters} at the base of 12,000 ft, peaks in Colorado, USA)
Then, I get a feeling of him. I get a tear in my ear and say Hi, and tell him I'll be seeing him soon! Lol. *

And it would be interesting if I was with a friend if THEY
would smell the ocean air!

Only one time when and I was having some emotional turmoil in a relationship did he visit and I said, Hi, to
let him know I knew he was around ...and then he infused me with the exact reason WHY I was having these tough emotions...in my mind.
(My mouth dropped it was so obvious, but I had missed it!)

It was only later did I even hear the phrase ''spirits can infuse your mind'' with whatever.
And of all my relatives - it would be his adventurous, energetic self that would still be checking
in on me and caring about me so much!
My other relatives are way too self-centered or so spiritually high ---they are on higher realms and 'know' I'm doing just fine.
This is my deep intuitive sense.
How can you ever explain intuition? *shrug*

Or maybe since they didn't care much about me in life ---I know they are not caring about me NOW!
They are NOwhere around me!

Now would someone think visitations and communications from the Other Side are fake -sure, but who cares.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-06-2021, 02:47 PM
Master
INTERESTING!

I do not know the number of times that others, not all, smelled what I smelled.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:03 PM
Experiencer
i had my first experience of a highier being when i was a baby id suffred severe truma i cannot really talk about as it would not be fair to the departed all i can see it made me a very fearful child esp of the dark. i was sleeping in my pram which i was reinhed in cause i could pull my self up and would have probably fel;l out of the pram the prams hood was up so stop me getting wet as a baby we do a lot of sleeping so i was falling in and out of sleep my mom popped her head around saying she had to pop over the road to the shops she left in the baby clinic grounds been a baby you have no fear or conception of danger i drifted into a deep sleep i knew everything around looked grey after my scare so i more or less dreamed the same when all of a sudden the dream changed to beautiful green garden enviroment the sun was shining it felt warm with alittle breeze i remember this bird came hover past slowly like a humming bird then all of a sudden this voice came right into my head and addressed me by my first name it was not nasty or angry or tempting it sounded authitive and soke softly it said brian you do not belong inn this enviroment it is to harsh for your young soul i did not know what it meant the voice continued to say i can did not say we can place you in a softer enviroment its strange i seemed tio know what that meant even though i was only a baby it meant if i agreeded my mom would find my dead in my cot or pram and since i was her first born i knew it would hurt her greatly so i refused talking in my head and giving reasons it went silent for a time when it came i assume it was looking at my future to come he said i would suffer great mental pain and anuigish he was right of course but i had made my decisionhed visit me evry so many years and used symbolism to react with me as i stopped hearing it was like pool or snooker table with balls lined up at a certain angle each time he visted me those balls got less there s only a few remaining ones now he made his appearance just as the pandemic was starting my guide are like balls of white lite the woke me early one morning really close to me as if to tell me something i stayed awake for a time then he came almost on que but my gaurdian was a bright royal blue he stayed for a very short time and left almost right away he did not come into my head this time i know they have many charges and can see into many places at once unlike the guides i hope you enjoyed my story
Old 07-06-2021, 07:14 PM
Paragraphs, please, briam.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-06-2021, 06:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
A medium should simply be the conduit to facilitate communication between Spirit and the person, nothing more. It's up to the person as to what is confirmation/proof or not, what is a message or not. Ideally the message from Spirit - even if it's only one word - should have meaning for them but that doesn't always apply. What you have to remember is that the Spirit who is contacting the person knows them very well, so the message is can be more like a conversation between two friends. As long as the person who is receiving the message understands that's all that matters.

Sometimes it takes a single word and or brain can create a cascade of associations with that one word, Spirit would have known the right word and that it would create that cascade for that person.